• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be integrated at some point, now that they killed Live Messenger.

What are you guys talking about? I can send a message from my windows 8 PC or surface rt to my one friend that has a windows phone. Messages show up on both my PC and my phone. So what more integration do you guys want that I'm not seeing?

frontieruk

God bless Natwest for showing WP Nokias running their banking app 3 times and an HTC android device once in their new advert, it shows WP is gaining traction its showing up in more ads right guys???

NeOak

What are you guys talking about? I can send a message from my windows 8 PC or surface rt to my one friend that has a windows phone. Messages show up on both my PC and my phone. So what more integration do you guys want that I'm not seeing?

It seems the backend is still alive for those apps, but you can't use the old Live messenger app for that.

f0lken

I just updated itsdagram, I had it since lasr week and it was only adecuate and somewhat mediocre, but this new version is simply amazing, its design is so much better than the official instagram its not even funny. They added what was needed in te previous beta versio, such as a me section, notifications, filters and performance is stellar. Its pretty much a must have.

MCD

Kinda buggy for me. Kept adding people but still don't see them on my profile and my comments not up.

Not like I will use it anymore. Don't fancy these social apps but I just needed to support the developer.

hadareud

The Translator
Oh right, forgot about that. The trial is limited to one upload. Bought it now.

If anyone wants to follow me to see infrequent pictures of alcohol that may or may not be deleted again after a while, my name is hadareud.

kharma45

Gave the trial a go and it worked as expected. Shall wait for the ad-supported version since I probably won't use it enough to justify buying it.

What did you do? Mine is a jumbled mess. I send a message from my phone to a friend and he won't get it on his PC until I log in to my PC and boot Skype. Plus, I keep seeing my own messages as new in the Skype phone app.

I waited too long to join and someone took vanmardigan. Grrrr. saulphd on instagram.
When I got Instagraph, I had my brother try to create me an account on his ipod with the name "killerrin", and as you can guess, killerrin was stolen by some person who doesn't even use the damn account... can't even use spaces either for my other variation :\

Instagram: killerrinstudios

I just got a Facebook notification.

Holy shit what is happening?!

Edit: also there is a flaw in the new FB app. If you tap on a new toast notification, you can get stuck where it takes you in the application. Ex: got a notification about a comment on a post I made, tap on the notification and it takes me to the comments page of that post as you'd expect, but then there is no navigation option for that page in the app to get out of there. If you press back it will close the app, which you have to do in order to ever go to something else in the app.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Yeah, I didn't mind paying when I learned it basically allows you to do everything. Create an account, search for friends, add friends, comment on pictures, apply filters, upload pics etc. Its a pretty great client. My brother in law is coming from iOS and he liked the app, but he isn't sure if he will pay for it. I told him he could wait for the ad supported version.

I didn't feel comfortable pushing him to buy the app because I don't know if instagram will make some backend change to try to block the app.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I find it odd that people aren't willing to spend a buck or two on an app, but I guess when you are used to free that changes things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom