• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadareud

The Translator
That's a nice detailed review.

I also saw a comparison between the camera's of the 920 & 925 there. Should be interesting to see how much closer the software updates brings the two or if the 6th lens really makes that much of a difference. My hunch is that the newer software is responsible for the majority of the improvements.

The gradient meme is funny.

Looking forward to build, I also hope we get the amber update next month.

I can't wait for the visual merger between OS X and iOS.

tumblr_mobl0s50zv1svn1xeo1_1280.png

Totakeke

Well, the only smartphone UI in view in Man of Steel were Windows Phone. Pretty sure Lois Lane was using a Lumia 920.

I forgot what color though, sorry guys.

Milchjon

9 for design.

There should be a Bizarro-Verge extension that turns every word into an antonym and converts every score into 10-score and it would produce the perfect reviews for me. I guess.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I guess they REALLY care about it being super thin and light.

I love how size and weight of the 920, meh guess I'm not a journalist with tiny babby hands.
phones with large screens need to be thin imo. The 920 is just too damn big.

Troll

Banned
Is anyone else not able to update apps or basically do anything else because your phone thinks that your Microsoft Account password is incorrect?

Zeknurn

Is anyone else not able to update apps or basically do anything else because your phone thinks that your Microsoft Account password is incorrect?

Have you enabled two factor authentication for your Microsoft account? If so you need to generate an app password and use that to log in on your Windows Phone instead.

Blackhead

Redarse
One of the negatives for the Verge's Lumia 925 review is "No built-in wireless charging" lol. I don't think that standard has been applied to any other smartphone on their site before.

Troll

Banned
nice, the thread got locked. At least you didn't get banned.

Yeah, when they lock my threads the first thing I always do is check to make sure that I didn't get Junior'd.

Have you enabled two factor authentication for your Microsoft account? If so you need to generate an app password and use that to log in on your Windows Phone instead.

Ugh, yes I did but it was close to a week ago and I have been fine until today. Alright, let me play around with it.

Courage

I'm curious: who here has a Windows Phone and a Windows Tablet/PC and is not getting a Xbone? As much as I hate the system, it's solely tempting due to the ecosystem I'm invested in already.

NeOak

I'm curious: who here has a Windows Phone and a Windows Tablet/PC and is not getting a Xbone? As much as I hate the system, it's solely tempting due to the ecosystem I'm invested in already.

Got WP7, WP8, Windows 7, Windows 8 on a tablet, Xbox 360.

Going PS4.

I'm in the same position. I can't stand Sony's design/UI philosophy, either.

I'll probably just wait it out and see how they develop. Sure as hell am not spending $500, though.

I'm having windows phone 8 troubles on my 920. Whenever I try to access email and accounts in my settings hub, it says resuming and then crashes before I ever get to see the page. I've tried soft resetting but that didn't accomplish anything. Any help?

I have a Windows 8 PC, had a Windows Phone and I'll get one again at some point in my life (lol).

The Xbox One gets a big fuck no from me.

I already cut my cord
It's overpriced
Less powerful than the competitor (means that multi-platform titles are going to look/run better on the PS4)
Less capable than my HTPC with 100% WAF
No used games
I have a PC that can play games

I've literally no reason to buy one. They'd have to pull out an exclusive FF7 remake or Lost Odyssey 2 out of their ass, to get me.

In other news: Office for iPhone was released today!

C U Next Tuesday.

It's referring to the biggest betrayalton in recent football history. Well, recent Arsenal history. Well, last years Arsenal history.

Oh, I see. Soccer is not for me, but thanks for the explanation.

Milchjon

Office for iOS is out.

How did they manage to make it look so iOS7-y when iOS7 has only been nnounced for a few days??? :-O

Edit: What is he talking about with the controls? I'm only a light Office user (on the go, I use a bit of Word/Excel/OneNote), but that looks more confusing/complicated than on WP.

hadareud

The Translator
I've decided to go for the Xbox One.

Last generation I had all consoles, though I sold the Wii pretty soon after I bought it and I haven't used my PS3 for gaming in years (and years). Though I did pre-order the last of us, so that's about to change.

This generation the Xbox will be my only console. I like the MS ecosystem, I like their games the best, I trust them when it comes to online gaming much more than Sony, I don't usually buy used games (not that used games are actually blocked, but anyway) and I don't usually sell my games on, I am very intrigued with the TV features because I'm one of those people that have pay-tv that apparently no longer exist, I don't care one bit about the online only restriction personally (though I can see why people would) and you know what, I work for a cloud company so I'm not rejecting the cloud features out of hand without having the slightest clue of what I'm talking about.

Not that there's no shortcomings and drawbacks with the console and their "vision". There are quite a few, most importantly the horse-power aspect of the console.

But still, I'm sold on the thing and I won't apologise, either.

Sorry. I'm so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom