• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Looks great to me. I actually prefer my ds 3 to the 360 controller. :shrug

As for the headset, meh. Probably use a blutooth one still.

I never liked the dual shock. I remember when I started gaming, I tried all the controllers at a store, and liked it the least by far even then. And that was compared to a DC and N64 controller, which isn't the greatest level of competition. I always thought the handles were too short, and I never liked the stick placement.

The 360 controller is my favorite. Feels great, looks great.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The DS4 looks pretty good, still not sure of the placement of the sticks though. At least they are concave now. I hate the convex sticks on the DS3.

Yeah guys l, stop letting me post in the gaming side. People will probably think I'm a Xbox shill pretty soon, despite my gaming purchases.

EDIT: DS4 looks horribly ugly in pictures, but its going to be a much better controller than ds3

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Yeah guys l, stop letting me post in the gaming side. People will probably think I'm a Xbox shill pretty soon, despite my gaming purchases.

EDIT: DS4 looks horribly ugly in pictures, but its going to be a much better controller than ds3

Good thing, the DS3 is so freakin uncomfortable.

Heh, all the console talk for a min I though I click on the wrong thread. I am glad for our little safe haven. I mostly hang out in here and LEGO Gaf.

Anyway, I read this story about 17bit (people that make Skulls of Shogun) and to me this is what make me not want to get Xbox One, more so than the DRM or on-line check. Microsoft just seems to forgot how Xbox got here. I know all the old cool Xbox people are gone and the day where they evangelized the platform seems to be thing of the past. They think Xbox is place to be and not realize developers have so many other venues now to sell games.

I met 17bit guys at PAX for the last 2 years and they are the nicest bunch and very passionate about gaming. Instead of foster good working relationship, Microsoft treated them like just another commodity, just like they do with every thing else. The same with Windows Phone, they just seems to have no direction. Skulls is a great game but then they do put everything in the way, from pricing to updating the games.

Anyway, I totally in agreement with these guys, Microsoft is not EVIL, they are just incompetent. Company that lack vision and leadership, they have good smart people with great product but they lack the ability to execute due to all the corporate in-fighting, policy and bureaucrat red tape.

Razdek

Banned
Heh, all the console talk for a min I though I click on the wrong thread. I am glad for our little safe haven. I mostly hang out in here and LEGO Gaf.

Anyway, I read this story about 17bit (people that make Skulls of Shogun) and to me this is what make me not want to get Xbox One, more so than the DRM or on-line check. Microsoft just seems to forgot how Xbox got here. I know all the old cool Xbox people are gone and the day where they evangelized the platform seems to be thing of the past. They think Xbox is place to be and not realize developers have so many other venues now to sell games.

I met 17bit guys at PAX for the last 2 years and they are the nicest bunch and very passionate about gaming. Instead of foster good working relationship, Microsoft treated them like just another commodity, just like they do with every thing else. The same with Windows Phone, they just seems to have no direction. Skulls is a great game but then they do put everything in the way, from pricing to updating the games.

Anyway, I totally in agreement with these guys, Microsoft is not EVIL, they are just incompetent. Company that lack vision and leadership, they have good smart people with great product but they lack the ability to execute due to all the corporate in-fighting, policy and bureaucrat red tape.

The think the word incompetent is the best thing to use to describe Microsoft right now. They've dropped the ball on so many things at once it's kind of getting sad to see from WP, W8 and now the Xbox. I think it was on the Windows Weekly podcast where she said Microsoft is trying to trickle information out slowly without explaining the full story and things get speculated by people trying to fill in the blanks that their whole messaging gets confusing.

The think the word incompetent is the best thing to use to describe Microsoft right now. They've dropped the ball on so many things at once it's kind of getting sad to see from WP, W8 and now the Xbox. I think it was on the Windows Weekly podcast where she said Microsoft is trying to trickle information out slowly without explaining the full story and things get speculated by people trying to fill in the blanks that their whole messaging gets confusing.

The best way to describe it is that Microsoft is trying to be apple, but failing miserably

The best way to describe it is that Microsoft is trying to be apple, but failing miserably
The sooner they realize the better chance they have. They are delusional to think Xbox brand command the same loyalty as Apple i-products. They think they are at the point where they can dictate term to dev and user and forget how fickle gamers are (and how many still loathe them from their monopoly days.)

Sordid

Using the Microsoft Research Speedtest app on my 920 I'm getting around 22 down and 2 up with Three in the UK with a 3G 'H+' connection. Seems a bit too good to be true, I used to get between 1 and 7 down.

Edit: Wow, tried multiple servers using the Speedtest.net app and got similar results, pretty sweet! I guess my local mast has been upgraded, my mobile connection is twice as fast as my home broadband now :S

The sooner they realize the better chance they have. They are delusional to think Xbox brand command the same loyalty as Apple i-products. They think they are at the points where they can dictate term to dev and user and forget how fickle gamers are (and how many still loathe them from their monopoly days.

They are still a monopoly in desktop OS and office suite. The problem with MS is they think they can apply their monopolistic behavior to competitive markets, and then they are surprised when consumers in markets where they aren't held captive reject them unconditionally. It happens over and over again and somehow they are still surprised every time. I just don't understand what the people in charge at MS are thinking.

He's just there because Nokia is going to fast. Need to slow their roll so SW/HW can really be "in harmony".

I spit out my drink. Thanks.

Oh, how do we like the new "Metro" NeoGaf? Clean, lot of white space and big letterings. Now let see if we can get the app to be more morden looking too.

giga

I spit out my drink. Thanks.

Oh, how do we like the new "Metro" NeoGaf? Clean, lot of white space and big letterings. Now let see if we can get the app to be more morden looking too.
Don't like it. It doesn't work that well with the blue/grey color scheme. I also don't like the inconsistencies in border padding. (Some things have borders, some don't.)

Don't like it. It doesn't work that well with the blue/grey color scheme. I also don't like the inconsistencies in border padding. (Some things have borders, some don't.)

I don't like rounded corner with flat banner going across. and I agree there need to be more contrast between color. All the post just seems to blend into one another.

7vjOkw3.jpg

Nero3000

OK the rich recording on the 925 is very impressive:

Usually the following video would just be a lot of noise, but here it's clear as day. (Shot close to laptop speakers). 56K warning:

http://sdrv.ms/15t6NSl

Pictures later today and more comparisons vs the 800...

OK the rich recording on the 925 is very impressive:

Usually the following video would just be a lot of noise, but here it's clear as day. (Shot close to laptop speakers). 56K warning:

http://sdrv.ms/15t6NSl

Pictures later today and more comparisons vs the 800...

It's great feature that they really should advertise more. I record my daughter school concert the other day and played it back for her when we got home. She was like "wow, your phone speaker is really good, I can hear all the notes clearly." I told her it wasn't the speaker but the recording on the 920 that make the recording nice and clean.

I really didn't realize how nice it is to have this feature, she was playing also in a jazz band at her graduation and it's so good to have this recorded and archive.

Wait, then what's preventing the transfer to windows phone? Its not using some other standard.

they all use all sorts of different standards on the device, but there are apps (some PC, some on device) that will export the SMS data to XML and import XML data to the SMS database for iPhone/Android/Blackberry/Symbian/WinMo

i have no idea if it's possible or not on WP8, i just know that it *is* possible on those other platforms and i have personally done WinMo -> Android, iPhone -> Android, Blackberry -> Android. Blackberry -> iPhone and Symbian -> Android for my peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom