• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doffen

HTC 8XT:

htc-wp-8xt-slide-01.png

4.3” WVGA 800x480 (yay)
8GB memory - expandable up to 64GB
1GB RAM
8 MP camera

Multi-Shot Burst Camera.
The first Windows Phone with HTC BoomSound!!! My Gawd!

htc-wp-8xt-f3-1.png

If the 8X and 8S were siblings, the 8XT would be their child. None of the benefits, all of their downsides.

I'm kinda particular about the curvature on phones. Same reason I don't love the 720's design and absolutely despise the GSIII's.

Also, you're hurting my feelings again.
[/url]

You don't have feelings.

That was humour.

The SS uniforms are admired the world over for their tasteful design, on the other hand.

The SS uniforms were from a different time, though. The time when Germany could dictate design (or anything else for that matter) is over.

jagowar

Both look like pretty poor options next to the gs4 and htc one.... was really looking forward to going back to wp on sprint but neither of these options will convince me to not get a stock htc one.

Samsung ATIV Beam software to send files between ATIV and Galaxy? NICE!

i dunno how Sprint/Samsung can sell something with lower specs than a GS3 for $150 though...

smaller battery, less RAM wtf?

Rehynn

Got my 620. Love It so far, but there seems to be something wrong with the screen.

I have the tiles set to crimson red, but sometimes the colors lose saturation and they fade to a pink-ish hue and everything else appears somewhat washed out. Then it goes back to normal for no apparent reason.

I tried taking screenshots of both states but they appeared identical, so the phone apparently doesn't recognize the change.

So what's going on with my screen?

stktt

Banned
Got my 620. Love It so far, but there seems to be something wrong with the screen.

I have the tiles set to crimson red, but sometimes the colors lose saturation and they fade to a pink-ish hue and everything else appears somewhat washed out. Then it goes back to normal for no apparent reason.

I tried taking screenshots of both states but they appeared identical, so the phone apparently doesn't recognize the change.

So what's going on with my screen?

By default, Nokia enables a setting that overrides the maximum brightness if it detects too much light. You can disable it from the display+touch part of system settings.

Rehynn

By default, Nokia enables a setting that overrides the maximum brightness if it detects too much light. You can disable it from the display+touch part of system settings.

Whew, thank you! I was worried there was something wrong with my phone.

clav

Finally found a Nokia 521.

I think my mom will be happy.

She still uses a Nokia flip phone that she bought 9 years ago.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Theverge is terrible for breaking news. Their website is slow to update, even the recent articles tab. Nothing on build yet on the front page, you have to do a search for it.

Jeez, someone else brought up wearable computers as a joke. I just followed him down the rabbit hole.

And VanMardigan was the one who showed up and promptly started insulting me, like he always does. And then he got all pissed when I stood up to him, like I always do. Anyways, the point is moot. To keep the peace, I've put him on my Ignore List so I won't see or feel the need to respond to his posts anymore.

Don't worry I definitely saw your tone as lighthearted. Its nice to have non windows phone users. No one prefers an echo chamber.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It's Van.

He thinks I've never owned a Windows Phone.

At least in his world, owning a Windows phone before WP7 is not an owner.

YOU ARE NOT AN OWNER! The platforms are so different, though, it really doesn't count if you owned WinMo6 or below.

All from the front page, without using search:

Featured:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/26/4465442/windows-8-1-will-finally-add-retina-display-support
http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/26/4465888/windows-8-1-preview-video

And all those articles were on the front page, when you wrote that post. That's why I thought it was sarcasm.

Weird, I did a screencap when you quoted me cause I wasn't sure if you were kidding or not either. This was the homepage I was looking at:

pic_abF3_l.jpg

Maybe its my work network that screws up the Verge? Engadget works fine, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom