• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razdek

Banned
Impulsively bought a 520 because it was only $128 at Walmart and already have buyer's remorse. Gone through all the setup and realized why I can't really use this phone as my daily driver but it's just going to end up being a really expensive play toy that I'll touch from time to time. Oh well, lesson learned.

Troll

Banned
Impulsively bought a 520 because it was only $128 at Walmart and already have buyer's remorse. Gone through all the setup and realized why I can't really use this phone as my daily driver but it's just going to end up being a really expensive play toy that I'll touch from time to time. Oh well, lesson learned.

Why not a daily driver?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm gonna buy a $128 android phone and complain in the android ot without giving any actual reasoning. It only makes sense.

PG2G

do we know if the Lumia 1020 is the only new phone coming to ATT and is it the same 4.5" screen?

thx

I dont expect any more phones until GDR3, which is supposed to support 1080p and a new set of SoC. Nokia pretty much has pretty much everything covered at this point.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I think I may be able to hold off on the EOS given the rumor that the camera will be included in future releases. I was worried it would be limited to one model given its awkward camera bump.

I want 41 megapixels, but I also want a new chip set and a 1080p screen if possible.

maeh2k

I think I may be able to hold off on the EOS given the rumor that the camera will be included in future releases. I was worried it would be limited to one model given its awkward camera bump.

I want 41 megapixels, but I also want a new chip set and a 1080p screen if possible.

I don't expect it in many models. Probably one high-end-camera version for each year's hero phone. With the EOS launching relatively close to the 920's successor, I'd be surprised if we saw another 41MP Nokia this year. Maybe spring 2014.

Foolworm

I don't expect it in many models. Probably one high-end-camera version for each year's hero phone. With the EOS launching relatively close to the 920's successor, I'd be surprised if we saw another 41MP Nokia this year. Maybe spring 2014.

I'm amazed that the style of the high end Lumias has been so consistent. I own an N9 and I feel that WP fits the aesthetic better than Harmattan does, which is saying something. On the design front, pretty much all that the Lumia lacks is the Swype interface - or rather, all it needs to cut are the touch buttons.

f0lken

Supossedly a photo of Belfiore taken with the EOS

joeb1020.jpg

"This photo will look amazing as my profile one when I show the People Hub for 8.1!"

hadareud

The Translator
Supossedly a photo of Belfiore taken with the EOS

joeb1020.jpg

"This photo will look amazing as my profile one when I show the People Hub for 8.1!"

Looks fantastic.

Picture quality is quite alright, too.
---
I'm really hoping that the reports that they'll include the pureview sensor in the next generation of flagship Lumias is true.

I also really hope that the reports of the flagship phone being 5.5 inch is not true. 4.5 inch is about as big as is necessary, 5 inch with a tiny "bezel" would be the absolute maximum I'd still be happy with.

hadareud

The Translator
I (we) got a 620 for my mother in law and she absolutely loves it. My father in law was so impressed that he got an 820 for himself soon after because he felt left out. Neither of them have had a smartphone before.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Fifa 13 is out for Lumia's. Looks and plays great. Not sure about 512mb compatibility though.

edit: 1GB from the gaming thread.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I (we) got a 620 for my mother in law and she absolutely loves it. My father in law was so impressed that he got an 820 for himself soon after because he felt left out. Neither of them have had a smartphone before.

Nice. My mother in law is enjoying her 520, which is also her first smartphone.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'll be traveling all next week so I wish that the phone was out. :(

I'm gonna be in Puerto Rico that day, I'm not sure if I'll have wifi, but I'll have LTE on my phone. Have they given out the live stream links? I hope they have a link available for mobile.

hwalker84

Can't wait till this comes to my RT. Can't install the Preview and don't care on spending hours on it to figure out.

Now make Xbox Music usable and I'll be happy.

MCD

Man, Belfiore should be fired. Everyone is ready but his team.

Showing a WP8 along with W8.1 devices made me RAGE.

hwalker84

Man, Belfiore should be fired. Everyone is ready but his team.

Showing a WP8 along with W8.1 devices made me RAGE.
Don't feel he needs to be fired but I completely agree about his team and seemingly 6 months to one year behind the rest of Microsoft.

kehs

Banned
That 1020 is making me hot.

Dimension wise, is it supposed to be close to the 920? Which I think is similar to the N4 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom