• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshschw

What the fuck.

zQKs4zK.jpg

VbeHYNe.jpg

k60BDqV.jpg

http://www.minimallyminimal.com/?page=3&category=reviews

I wish I had a yellow one, not cyan. However, the yellow is a bit odd. I played with one at ATT store and it's not yellow like I expected. It's got a bit of greenish to it.

Gav

I think i already know the answer, but just in case there is something im missing...

Just got my 8X back from repair, where they have restored back to factory settings. Is there a way to sync my camera roll back from Skydrive? Or are those photos just in the cloud now?

hadareud

The Translator
I think i already know the answer, but just in case there is something im missing...

Just got my 8X back from repair, where they have restored back to factory settings. Is there a way to sync my camera roll back from Skydrive? Or are those photos just in the cloud now?

You can save them to your phone, but unfortunately only one by one.

this_guy

I'm considering buying a 920 once it hits the $300-$350 range. The 1020 should help accelerate that process, and it would still be a nice upgrade over my 620. Unlike HTC, I highly doubt Nokia would abandon their flagship, either. Of course, all of this assumes Nokia doesn't release a nice midrange phone by early next year.

I picked up mine for $300 on Craigslist. As long as it's not stolen and has no scuffs or marks I don't care if the phone is new or used.

I'm considering buying a 920 once it hits the $300-$350 range. The 1020 should help accelerate that process, and it would still be a nice upgrade over my 620. Unlike HTC, I highly doubt Nokia would abandon their flagship, either. Of course, all of this assumes Nokia doesn't release a nice midrange phone by early next year.

Nokia is supposed to release a cheap version of the 920 without the OIS.

hadareud

The Translator
Come on Nokia, give me my Drive update already.

The only app that gives me traffic is Inrix, and frankly, it's shite. I wanna use it on my drive home aaahhhhhh.

i remember reading last year on his blog that he was working with microsoft now and he couldnt talk about it. I think hes working on the XBOX ONE. Think this blog post is biased now? IDK . Anyways i love the stuff he does, very clean, very professional.

Read his other reviews and you'll notice that he isn't more or less biased than anyone else. He still loves Apple products and was/is impressed by the Nexus 7.

PG2G

Nevermind, you guys are right. It is using the Krait 300 core instead of the standard Krait, also uses the Adreno 305 instead of the 225 (which are around the same performance wise).

Would have been nice if they pushed the clocks to 1.7 GHz though

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So the 1020 will have double the RAM and quite possibly a new gen chipset? Wow. The only things missing would be 1080p (not a big deal) and SD support (big effing deal).

This decision is going to torture me.

PG2G

So the 1020 will have double the RAM and quite possibly a new gen chipset? Wow. The only things missing would be 1080p (not a big deal) and SD support (big effing deal).

This decision is going to torture me.

Well, even if it is a new gen chipset, it'll be an increase of ~15%, not the over 100% you'd see from a Snapdragon 600 or 800. I don't know that the performance increase would even be noticeable.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Oh, a camera, yeah. A phone? No.

Isn't it an add-on for the phone? Makes it more camera like.

By the way, that 1020 is probably my next phone. Glad I've held off. Still rocking the OG Focus.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Well, even if it is a new gen chipset, it'll be an increase of ~15%, not the over 100% you'd see from a Snapdragon 600 or 800. I don't know that the performance increase would even be noticeable.

What about the gpu? Isn't that much better on these snapdragons? I thought I read the ones on the launch WP8 devices were weaksauces. Aren't these much better?

PG2G

What about the gpu? Isn't that much better on these snapdragons? I thought I read the ones on the launch WP8 devices were weaksauces. Aren't these much better?

Nah, the 305 is the same one in some of the budget phones (like Lumia 520 and 720) It is the low end of the 3XX like and about even to the 225 in most of our phones. The true bump is the 320, which I believe is in the Snapdragon 600. The Snapdragon 800 has something even better.

See benchmarks here: http://techivian.com/mali-400mp-vs-...-225-vs-220-vs-205-vs-mali-400-vs-intel-xolo/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom