• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
They weren't making fun of the features. Nokia has had NFC on their WP phones since last November and they had the android guys doing the touch to share. WP has had text to speech since the beginning and the commercial showed someone yelling at siri. It was about the "herd" mentality, not the features.

MCD

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Bigger tiles on the phone would be pretty bad, it would literally take up half the screen lol. Maybe tolerable for 1080p/large screen displays though

That was the rumor, though, wasn't it? That the extra row and perhaps bigger tile would be reserved for the 1080p phablets releasing this fall.

Doffen

Order & Chaos (The Gameloft MMORPG) is this week's game.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/order-chaos/be84b96c-e330-4613-8c1e-b882ae9ea369

$6.99

● 5 races available: Elves and Humans fight for Order, Orcs and Undead for Chaos, while Mendels are neutral.
● Choose your gender, appearance, class and talents. Thousands of skills and equipment to discover.
● A wide range of interactions: Make friends or enemies, trade, duel, communicate and more.
● Join a party or guild to become stronger and coordinate with your teammates.
● Fight against other players in 4v4 PvP matches in our PvP arenas.
● Over 1,200 quests to perform and hundreds of characters to talk to and interact with in majestic settings.

kharma45

Troll

Banned
The start-screen innovation that they are teasing (and I've seen) hasn't been speculated at all yet, and I highly doubt it will. ;)

and that's the last I feel like I could possibly say about this. No acknowledgements or dismissals

You are a dick.

dick

Doffen

The start-screen innovation that they are teasing (and I've seen) hasn't been speculated at all yet, and I highly doubt it will. ;)

and that's the last I feel like I could possibly say about this. No acknowledgements or dismissals

Will I be able to enjoy the full update if I buy Lumia 1020?

Why do I even bother asking?

kharma45

Man, is this shit gonna be fucking so awesome I'll have an aneurysm?

You guys are thinking too short-term. We're playing the long-route on this. You won't see it until 2020 at the earliest. We'll reveal it now, so that Apple and Android have it by next year though.

hwalker84

Bought
http://wmpoweruser.com/full-and-det...-leak-shows-its-even-lighter-than-the-nl-920/

Windows Phone 8

Networks:-
GSM: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz
WCDMA: 2100 MHz, 1900 MHz, 850 MHz, 900 MHz
LTE network bands 1, 3, 7, 20, 8
HSPA+ DL Cat 24, Dual Carrier 42.1 Mbps/UL Cat5.76 Mbps
Here Location and Mapping Service: Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+, free HERE transit available in the store

Memory:
2GB RAM, 32GB internal user memory, 7GB Skydrive cloud storage

Display:
4.5 inch AMOLED WXGA (1280 x 768) 2.5D sculpted glass Gorilla Glass 3, PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack, High Brightness Mode, Sunlight readability, Super sensitive touch for nail and glove usage

Processor:
1.5 Ghz dual-core Snapdragon (no word on which snapdragon processor though)

Camera:
PureView 41 MP sensor with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Backside-illuminated image sensor, 6 lens optics, High resolution zoom 3x, Autofocus, Xenon Flash, LED for video, 1080p video at 30 fps, Includes Nokia Pro Camera mode and Nokia Smart Camera Mode.

Secondary Camera:
HD 1.2 Megapixel wide angle

Size:
130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm

Weight:
158 grams

Connectivity:
USB 2.0, BT 3.0, NFC with SIM based security, WLAN a/b/g/n, A-GPS and Glonass, 3.5 mm audio connector

Battery:
2000 mAh battery, Wireless Charging supported via accessory cover

Audio:
IHF speakers, 2 microphones, HD voice compliant, 3.5mm AV connector

Key Features:
- 41 Megapixel sensor captures the sharpest images with details never though possible from a smartphone
- Nokia Pro Camera boosts creativity through simple and easy to user controls usually reserved for the expert photographer
- Nokia Rich Recording delivers distortion free stereo audio in the loudest environments
- Comes with the only fully integrated and true offline Global maps experience from the HERE location suite

Nokia original accessories:

- Nokia Camera Grip PD-95G:
Confidence to take the perfect shot
* Built-in extra battery for longer usage
* Ergonomic grip with a two-stage camera key
* Universal tripod-mount

- Nokia Wireless Charging Cover CC-3066:
Effortless Wireless charging is just a snap away
* enable wireless charging with form fitting Qi compliant snap-on cover

Colors:

Yellow, White, Black

Operating times:

* Maximum talk time (3G): 13.3 h
* Standby time: 16 Days
* Video Playback time: 6.8 hours
* Music Playback time: 63 hours

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So it's bigger than a 920, but lighter. 1GB more of RAM (I wonder if that will help in other areas of the OS, like the browser). Same speed processor as the 920, maybe its the same exact one. Same battery size. Better FFC than the 920. Better rear camera than any phone ever made.......ever. No SD support. Wireless charging is an extra accessory, let's see how much that costs. The camera grip seems very interesting, if it can serve as a case and because it boosts the battery life. $70 is crazy though.

JimiNutz

Banned
So it's bigger than a 920, but lighter. 1GB more of RAM (I wonder if that will help in other areas of the OS, like the browser). Same speed processor as the 920, maybe its the same exact one. Same battery size. Better FFC than the 920. Better rear camera than any phone ever made.......ever. No SD support. Wireless charging is an extra accessory, let's see how much that costs. The camera grip seems very interesting, if it can serve as a case and because it boosts the battery life. $70 is crazy though.

I'm out.
Lost my Lumia 920 4 months ago and have been waiting for a suitable replacement...
925 certainly wasn't it, and now this isn't it either.

I can't wait any longer. Moving to Android.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm out.
Lost my Lumia 920 4 months ago and have been waiting for a suitable replacement...
925 certainly wasn't it, and now this isn't it either.

It really is indefensible of them to not include SD storage. Baffling. When you use some of the lenses, like cinemagraph for example, you can only view the effect on the phone unless you share it, so its not like you will immediately want to transfer all your photos to the PC and erase them from the phone.

hadareud

The Translator
I don't know, I don't think that 32 GB is too restrictive to do all of that.

Not that SD support wouldn't be nice to have, it would, especially if you also use it as your music player.

To be fair though, I do and I have around 9 gig of free space on my 920 anyway (not that I've synced all my music, but still a decent amount). Obviously the pictures will be bigger here, but I still have around 200 pictures on my phone and all of them in full res.

There was rumours of a 64 GB version yesterday btw, that would definitely help.

strata8

It really is indefensible of them to not include SD storage. Baffling. When you use some of the lenses, like cinemagraph for example, you can only view the effect on the phone unless you share it, so its not like you will immediately want to transfer all your photos to the PC and erase them from the phone.

Especially when the much cheaper Lumia 720 has the same unibody design and an SD card slot. I don't know what's up with that.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I have less than 3gb left on my 920, and I've already removed games I don't play and I delete pictures I don't like. Games and video podcasts are the biggest offenders. If I had 32gb for just games and apps, and could stick my photos, music (not a ton), and podcasts on an SD, that's what I want.

hadareud

The Translator
Yeah, I don't have many games on mine, that helps a lot of course.

Just checked, and it's not 9 gb free, but just under 8.

XsWthCs.png

GLaZzro.png

Still don't know where the 2.3 GB of other comes from, it's continuously growing.

edit: well over 300 pictures btw. I think I'd be fine even with a 41 MP sensor.

PG2G

Still don't know where the 2.3 GB of other comes from, it's continuously growing.

For me it is a mix of temp files (about 1 gig that won't go away) and app data (another gig), assuming those both count into 'Other' here. I'm sitting at 2.5 gig Other

kharma45

I don't know, I don't think that 32 GB is too restrictive to do all of that.

Not that SD support wouldn't be nice to have, it would, especially if you also use it as your music player.

To be fair though, I do and I have around 9 gig of free space on my 920 anyway (not that I've synced all my music, but still a decent amount). Obviously the pictures will be bigger here, but I still have around 200 pictures on my phone and all of them in full res.

There was rumours of a 64 GB version yesterday btw, that would definitely help.

It will probably end up a carrier exclusive though.

TTOOLL

"It's kind of amazing that Nokia keeps introducing very familiar pocket camera tech — manual controls, image stabilization, scene modes — as ultra-innovative in a phone. Justified, but consumers have had access to this tech in their point and shoots for a long time. -NP"

The Verge.

hadareud

The Translator
"It's kind of amazing that Nokia keeps introducing very familiar pocket camera tech — manual controls, image stabilization, scene modes — as ultra-innovative in a phone. Justified, but consumers have had access to this tech in their point and shoots for a long time. -NP"

The Verge.

Quite amazing.

Imagine the reaction if Apple announced something along similar lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom