• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Hnnnnnnngggggggg, I want it. DAT camera. Thankfully it isn't in Canada so I don't have to worry about it :(

Pretty amazing tech.

edit: apparently it will come to Canada. Not sure when or what carrier though (probably Rogers)

hadareud

The Translator
That was a great presentation.

As for the price, it's a high-end niche product. Obviously it's expensive, that technology costs money. I doubt that they're expecting to sell millions and millions of it.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
If that was an apple product, the verge editors would've been wiping the semen from their keyboards at this point.

I know it has limitations in storage and chipset, but this is nevertheless a revolutionary product.

PG2G

The new phone is also likely to unleash a new wave of advanced photo and imaging apps, thanks to a new Nokia imaging software development kit released today that gives programmers access to the phone’s groundbreaking camera technology. Nokia said Yelp, CNN, Vyclone, and others are already working on new apps that take advantage of it.

Praise the lord, I hope the Yelp app isn't 1020 exclusive and that it fixes all of the suck that the current one is.

hankster

Just need to hear if the damn yellow is matte.
Looks matte:
ku-xlarge.jpg

Lucius86

Banned
Decided to have a bit of fun making a basic Windows Phone app as a new project. Finally got my settings page to work, just need to get down with some behind the scenes Maths work...

Surprised I've picked it up so fast considering I have ALWAYS hated programming at school/university. This is a lot more fun!

NeOak

I'm happy with my 920 atm, so I won't upgrade for now. Too expensive and I just burned money on something else.

I guess September 9 2014 will be my next upgrade.

hadareud

The Translator
I'm happy with my 920 atm, so I won't upgrade for now. Too expensive and I just burned money on something else.

I guess September 9 2014 will be my next upgrade.

Same, I'm not going to spend hundreds of pounds on a new phone.

Waiting for my upgrade in November, but I have to say that a camera like that is very tempting.

PG2G

GDR2 Details (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/basics/windows-phone-8-update-history?)

Update 8.0.10327.77 or 8.0.10328.78*

Xbox Music. It's now easier to select, download, and pin music. Plus, music fans will see more accurate metadata (such as song and album information) and many other performance improvements.

FM radio. Listen to FM radio right from the Music+Videos hub. (Not available for all phones.)

Data Sense. Stay on top of your phone's data usage with Data Sense. You can set a limit based on your data plan, or just keep track of which apps use the most data. (Not all mobile operators offer Data Sense.)

Skype. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) apps like Lync and Skype now feature improved stability and performance.

Internet Explorer. Your web browsing experience is now better than ever with improved HTML 5 compatibility.

Camera. Set your favorite Lens so it opens automatically when you press the camera button. (Not available for all phones.)

Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.

*Your update version number depends on your specific phone model and mobile operator.

Must be coming out soon

Doffen

Nokia Norway is going to release more information about availability and price for Norway tomorrow. It will probably be the same for other nations.

Will wait for the next phones in Fall. I don't see myself ditching my 920 for this. No 1080p screen, which would do wonders with these photos, and an old CPU, which gets extremely heated when playing games like Nova 3.

I'm happy with the camera pro app and new updates to yelp, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom