• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I don't know, I'm pretty happy with Instance, I'd rather he work on apps that we don't have yet.

Like....uh....I don't know, aside from games what is the big app we are missing now?

MCD

I don't know, I'm pretty happy with Instance, I'd rather he work on apps that we don't have yet.

Like....uh....I don't know, aside from games what is the big app we are missing now?

Latest WhatsApp update made me and my 920 battery very happy so I dunno...

Maybe Tango? They stopped after MS dumped WP7.

Ragus

Banned
I didn't like the look of Dolphin's UI, but the newest beta looks very nice with all that new flat design.
iiesspO3KsErU.png

iSXyzTxFWuaUi.png

ilV0RBm0fMH6j.png

Now, it's my ideal mobile browser. I hope that WP users will get it ASAP.

hadareud

The Translator
No worries. Easy to miss.

So yeah, Spotify on WP is still shit.

I tried it and hated it, much prefer just using the standard music app and my zune pass.

What's missing compared to the Android version?

Also, happy to be back? Surely it must fucking delightful being able to use a UI that just makes sense.

I tried it and hated it, much prefer just using the standard music app and my zune pass.

What's missing compared to the Android version?

Also, happy to be back? Surely it must fucking delightful being able to use a UI that just makes sense.

What I really like about Spotify is that it's platform agnostic. I can use it everywhere, PC, Mac, iOS, Android, web and it got some neat features. Xbox Music is just this horrible mess that's worse at music tagging than iTunes, which is hilarious, in a sad way. The problem with Spotify on my phone is that it doesn't play any music. It tries to load the songs, but never plays a tune.

And yes, it's great to be back. My yellow 920 arrived on Friday and I've been using it non-stop since I got it. Haven't touched my Nexus after transferring my data. It's great to use an OS that's so smooth. I also ordered a grey silicon case and a generic Qi compatible charging plate.

frontieruk

What I really like about Spotify is that it's platform agnostic. I can use it everywhere, PC, Mac, iOS, Android, web and it got some neat features. Xbox Music is just this horrible mess that's worse at music tagging than iTunes, which is hilarious, in a sad way. The problem with Spotify on my phone is that it doesn't play any music. It tries to load the songs, but never plays a tune.

And yes, it's great to be back. My yellow 920 arrived on Friday and I've been using it non-stop since I got it. Haven't touched my Nexus after transferring my data. It's great to use an OS that's so smooth. I also ordered a grey silicon case and a generic Qi compatible charging plate.

I go away for a month, Brot comes back to the dark side, the uk is suffering a heatwave and I'm fairly certain hell froze over...

hadareud

The Translator
Good stuff.

Yes, xbox music is a pain in the hole. It took me ages to tag my stuff and syncing was a nightmare. Now that all of that is behind me everything is running quite nicely across all my machines and the phone. I wouldn't want to go through it again, though.

I'm confident though that in just a few years time it will be as good as Zune was 5 years ago.

I decided to give Xbox Music a go and redeemed 3 of my many Zune Pass codes I got from the Lumia 710 promo last year. I should've stopped after the first one, in case my Spotify problem gets solved, but oh well, 9 months of free music streaming ain't that bad. I'll add another year or two, should the service get better.

And wow, the Windows 8 app is laughably bad. I'm installing the desktop app now. Can't wait to experience it with my own phone.

The man is a God.

it looks exactly like the vine app, indicating that the instagram bit really devolved down to just implementing the API hack and a couple of other hooks into the Model-View-ViewModel that he had already developed.

In other words, he's a great developer because he's written code that can be reused quite easily to create other great apps :)

it looks exactly like the vine app, indicating that the instagram bit really devolved down to just implementing the API hack and a couple of other hooks into the Model-View-ViewModel that he had already developed.

In other words, he's a great developer because he's written code that can be reused quite easily to create other great apps :)

That's what the description says.

"not the final design (it uses the current 6sec design and strings)

16 hours of dev (hack+server+dev) in 2 days"

dLMN8R

I'm curious what he'll do for the instagram filters though. Doesn't Instance implement its own filters instead of using the official ones? I figure those are all client-side instead of server-side, so Rudy will either have to get creative with his own or find some library he can grab some from.

It looks like my issue with Spotify is a bug in the Facebook log-in implementation. Lots of people have this issue for months now and it seems like it didn't get solved with the last "big" update. That's some huge BS.

e:

Workaround: If you're using your Facebook account for Spotify, go to Facebook.com and generate an app password for Spotify. Now I wasted 9 months of Xbox Music for nothing.

Another issue: The phone won't connect to the Windows Phone Store, when it's only set to WiFi. The store works with my data connection, but gives me an error when I try to browse the store with WiFi only.

Any ideas?

Have you tried switching it off and on again?

FrHoIeJ.png

Even selecting music from the Store works just fine. It's really just the apps that won't work.

e: Nevermind, it works now for some reason. Still weird, because that seems to be the reason why I hit the data cap this weekend, when I updated all 19 apps or so.

hadareud

The Translator
Is there any chance that the Amber update will be out this week on EE. I desperately want the camera improvements for my holiday next week.

This is of course a rhetorical question. I know that nobody knows.

maeh2k

Surely the 625. This reveal won't be as big a deal as the Lumia 1020 one. No tablet.

We already know the 625 is coming. Not that exciting.

hadareud

The Translator
Yeah, especially their tech articles are pretty shit, particularly everything to do with Microsoft.

Still the best Austrian website though, which is sad.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Amazing weather has good live tiles and lock screen functionality. I rarely open up the app though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom