• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwalker84

Just tried them and I can't say I really like the designs. I'm probably going to pick Weather Flow for now, but it's really not what I was looking for.

Amazing Weather HD does have a flat design and some great options for live tile and lockscreen support. What exactly are you looking for?

kharma45

Just tried them and I can't say I really like the designs. I'm probably going to pick Weather Flow for now, but it's really not what I was looking for.

Can't think of many others. I thought Weather Flow might've been OK

547d50bc-9b7b-40f3-b356-a18441fce1bf

PG2G

Nice to see the Lumia 520 coming to AT&T for $99. Hopefully they can start to make some sort of gains in the US. Seems like Nokia has been doing only about 500k units a quarter here for the longest time

Both apps are way too cluttered with useless information and Amazing Weather has this really annoying bold font for the current temperature going on. It reminds me of Android's hideous default clock. Vieather doesn't feel right either.

I guess I'll stick with the Microsoft one for now, even though it doesn't provide lock screen information or a good looking live tile.

Both apps are way too cluttered with useless information and Amazing Weather has this really annoying bold font for the current temperature going on. It reminds me of Android's hideous default clock. Vieather doesn't feel right either.

I guess I'll stick with the Microsoft one for now, even though it doesn't provide lock screen information or a good looking live tile.

u r jest a h8r

stktt

Banned

7b808ca0-e127-4539-8d69-27f609523d17

Maybe Forecast? I used it for a while before switching to Amazing Weather.

I really hate the fact that the music live tile isn't animated unless you're playing music. It looked so great on the OS 7 home screen. Is there a workaround, other than keep playing music and muting the phone?

NeOak

I really hate the fact that the music live tile isn't animated unless you're playing music. It looked so great on the OS 7 home screen. Is there a workaround, other than keep playing music and muting the phone?

Ditto. I only have it as an icon now because of that.

Sometimes i'm tempted to go back to my Dell Venue Pro.

I know that im late to the party, but I'd it's safe to say that the entire music experience got a lot worse with WP 8. What a disappointment.

hadareud

The Translator
Wasn't there something about the tile staying on with the GDR2 update or am I making that up because I would like it to be true?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Nice to see the Lumia 520 coming to AT&T for $99. Hopefully they can start to make some sort of gains in the US. Seems like Nokia has been doing only about 500k units a quarter here for the longest time

Just in time for my daughter's birthday. Just to be clear, $99 is the price I'll pay to walk out with this phone from the store without signing any contract or having to activate the phone at all, right? I want this as an mp3 player and to play the games I bought on my phone for my daughter. I don't plan to use the phone part at all.

Just in time for my daughter's birthday. Just to be clear, $99 is the price I'll pay to walk out with this phone from the store without signing any contract or having to activate the phone at all, right? I want this as an mp3 player and to play the games I bought on my phone for my daughter. I don't plan to use the phone part at all.

yep. My pops just bought one to replace his broken zune.

kharma45

Yep, that's how PAYG works.

Hey is anyone else getting an Internal Server Error when they go to https://www.windowsphone.com/en-ca/family. My brother is trying to download apps, but it keeps on telling him that he needs to visit here and set up some settings...which he can't do because of the error.

I tried it on mine and got the same error as well, but I'm not sure if its just our network or not.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Hey is anyone else getting an Internal Server Error when they go to https://www.windowsphone.com/en-ca/family. My brother is trying to download apps, but it keeps on telling him that he needs to visit here and set up some settings...which he can't do because of the error.

I tried it on mine and got the same error as well, but I'm not sure if its just our network or not.

It works for me, I get a login screen.

1020 is released this Friday. It's gonna be painful looking at slew of pic/vid samples that will appear over the weekend. God help me to be strong.

I'd pick up the 1020 in a heartbeat. Instead I'm stuck waiting on a watered down Galaxy S3 this summer from Sprint as my new exciting upcoming phone.

:/

Isn't it summer yet?

stktt

Banned
I'm probably going to get a 920 this week. I was considering the 1020, but $650 for a phone that, camera aside, is essentially identical, was just too much. I'm buying the 920 for $400 and giving the 620 to my mother so she can stop using her horrible, horrible prepaid ZTE phone. The thing restarts multiple times a day and has such a poor screen that even slightly moving it ruins the viewing angle.

mm04

Just got back from a family vacation in Hawaii and 8 of us have Nokia WP8 phones (4 x 920, 2 x 521, 822, 928) other 7 have iPhones. I set up a vacation hub room and it was incredibly useful for us. The calendar was great for events/dinners, photo sharing and oneNote lists were handy too for grocery lists and lunch orders. Two of the iPhone users are going to move to Nokia 928s or whenever the 1020 variant comes out for Verizon.

All of the iPhone users were absolutely jealous of the pics taken by the 920 and 928 users. I even had a saleswoman at a shop who I was showing pictures to ask me if the pictures were phone camera pictures or real camera pictures. She was blown away when I said phone (Team Cyan 920) and asked what kind of phone I have. She's an iPhone user, not sure what model. iPhone will always win the app battle, but it was no contest in terms of usefulness while we were on vacation. Nokia Drive in offline mode is all kinds of awesome and the "here" app as well when we wanted to find places to walk to.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably going to get a 920 this week. I was considering the 1020, but $650 for a phone that, camera aside, is essentially identical, was just too much. I'm buying the 920 for $400 and giving the 620 to my mother so she can stop using her horrible, horrible prepaid ZTE phone. The thing restarts multiple times a day and has such a poor screen that even slightly moving it ruins the viewing angle.

You should wait for some reviews of the 1020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom