• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
OneShot does use the SDK from Nokia but its slightly buggy. I love the UI though. also, oneshot has live filters which is a nice touch. so far it's producing great pictures, especially at macro. just wish it had ratio options. worth the $2. Nokia's app maybe free but lacks live filters.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I usually just use Gazelle or buybackworld.com to trade in my electronic devices. Sure you can get more on eBay but I'd rather not deal with the hassle.

Hell no on Gazelle. They are offering me $100. BBW quoted me $145. AT&T was giving $150 towards a new phone. I should easily beat all of those on Ebay. A little bit of hassle is worth it if I can $100 or more above what the other services offer.

Troll

Banned
Does Windows Phone have a presence at PAX? I did that Bingo thing here on GAF and won tickets so now I'm going. Do we know if WP will be showing at all?

Milchjon

Haha, voice recognition is awesome. I was bored, simply said "hello", and it started to call some guy across the Atlantic whose name doesn't sound like hello in the least.

Good job.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It's not the same, because it reloads the entire page, instead of just loading it from the cache. I just lost a long ass post this way.

I've lost quite a few posts. Now, unless I'm doing a short post, I wait until I'm at a laptop. I've also copied text from OneNote if I have a super long post I have to do on the run, but that shouldn't need to be done that way.

I've dropped my 920 at least 200 times onto hard surfaces. I swear I dropped it one time in a parking lot and it left a dent in the lot.

Still looks brand new on first glance.

bedlamite

I've got dents on 3 corners of my 920, it's been dropped from waist height onto concrete and tile flooring, luckily the screen's still good.

Sucks to hear about a shattered screen. :( JaggedSac, you gonna replace it?

derFeef

What are you guys doing with your phones? I never dropped a phone, tablet or something similar. Guess I am lucky (if the phone does not come pre-broken :p).

What are you guys doing with your phones? I never dropped a phone, tablet or something similar. Guess I am lucky (if the phone does not come pre-broken :p).

We're using them in our daily lives.

I keep a case and screen protector on my phones now though. When I've trashed a case or screen protector, I just replace it with a new one. I've actually got some deep gouges carved into my current screen protector so I'll be ditching it soon for a new one.

here's a nice story!

it's a few hours before a big family meal, no special occasion and my mother, sister and i are getting ready and are about to make a quick run to the store for ... i don't even remember what, but it's not important. aunt calls me and talks for a bit, then she wants to talk to my sister about something. i hand my sister my phone and she talks to her while getting ready. our mom is already in the car and she's like "let's go, we gotta get going" so i head outside. a minute later my sister comes out, she gets in and we pull out. so i'm like "can i have my phone back?" and she's all "oh, i left it in the house" and of course i assume she put it in a safe place.

so we get back home an hour or so later and bring all the stuff in, and i say "so where's my phone?" and she says "it should be on the kitchen counter" and of course it's not there. while we're putting stuff in their place, our aunt comes in and she goes up to get a stack of disposable plates from on top of the fridge and then *BAM* there's a noise and this hockey puck-like object slides out near us, apparently from the top of the fridge, all the way across the kitchen and under the dining table. it's my phone. my grandmother saw the phone on the kitchen table and since a bunch of our little cousins are running around, she put it on top of the fridge out of their reach.

the phone was actually unscathed, (thank you ten dolla plastic case!) but my S Pen got ejected from the impact and got scratched up.

derFeef

Hah, ouch. Well yeah obviously there are those moments too :)
I now remember my 800 falling on the floor, screen down faceplant actually. The little stormtrooper survived. Now my dad has it and he dropped it like 6 times already...

Milchjon

My 800 came with one of those phone condoms.

I used it for a few days, thought I'd rather enjoy the phone's design in all its glory.

Of course I dropped it on a concrete floor just hours later.

My Lumia has taken all those drops over the past two years like a champ. Guess I've been lucky.

The two times I dropped my phone, I chipped out the glass on the bottom left corner(under the back button). First drop the crack was about the size of a quarter of a pinky nail and after the second drop it expanded to half of a pinky nail. I do feel lucky that it survived both falls, both of which were about 1.2metres above the ground. For the story behind the cracks, for both times I was extremely tired after work and just passed out in the passenger seat of the vehicle. When we got home, I forgot my phone was sitting on my legs and groggily got up, sending the phone flying onto the driveway.

JaggedSac

That's awful. Mine fell off the treadmill then shot across the ground and it doesn't even have a mark. Almost had a heart attack when it happened.

lol, awesome. After she dropped the phone I was thinking to myself. "it's fine, these things are supposed to be tanks" then I picked it up and thought to myself "fuck".

I've got dents on 3 corners of my 920, it's been dropped from waist height onto concrete and tile flooring, luckily the screen's still good.

Sucks to hear about a shattered screen. :( JaggedSac, you gonna replace it?

I have insurance so I'm gonna see how much that costs me. Does Nokia or anyone else do repairs for this kind of thing?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't damaged a smartphone yet. I'm generally only nervous passing to others. I do use a screen protector even though I'm really a fan of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom