• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razdek

Banned
Wish there was a way to have more than. 15 apps run in the background. I know it's because of battery life but there should be a choice for a user to decide whether or not to run more.

flawed from the start.

"Windows Phone now has over 160,000 apps in its App Store, which may sound low compared to the 1+ million Android apps in the Google Play Store and the 900,000+ iOS apps in the Apple App Store."

"I decided to catalog the top 100 popular apps on iOS (excluding games), and compare that list to Android, Windows Phone and Windows 8 to see how each store fared in terms of app availability"

shouldn't he catalog the top 100 popular apps on the most popular app store, the Google Play Store, and then compare that list to iOS, Windows Phone and Windows 8?

WorldStar

Banned
just picked up a Nokia Lumia 928 for free at Verizon. Loving it so far.

Quick question:

Is there any way to change what profile you are using in the Netflix App? Netflix recently added the ability to add up to 5 profiles per account. Is there any way I can choose what profile I am using while using Netflix on the Lumia?

hwalker84

Quick question:

Is there any way to change what profile you are using in the Netflix App? Netflix recently added the ability to add up to 5 profiles per account. Is there any way I can choose what profile I am using while using Netflix on the Lumia?
Wish I can help you. I don't having any of those streaming services.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Quick question:

Profiles is just rolling out. I imagine it will come to WP at some point.

flippedb

Banned
is there a way to disable/turn off 4g LTE on a Lumia 928 on Verizon?

or is it always on whenever in an area that allows for it?

You can disable Data. Go to the menu and then configuration, look for the option Mobile/Celuar/something (It's Mobilfunk in German, but I can't think of the translation). Once you're there, you have the option to deactivate Cellular Data.

flawed from the start.

"Windows Phone now has over 160,000 apps in its App Store, which may sound low compared to the 1+ million Android apps in the Google Play Store and the 900,000+ iOS apps in the Apple App Store."

"I decided to catalog the top 100 popular apps on iOS (excluding games), and compare that list to Android, Windows Phone and Windows 8 to see how each store fared in terms of app availability"

shouldn't he catalog the top 100 popular apps on the most popular app store, the Google Play Store, and then compare that list to iOS, Windows Phone and Windows 8?

Android has no apps.

derFeef

So... I have outlook calendar, hotmail calendar, same with contacts and it's quite a mess - do I need to merge htomail and outlook on the account side or something? I just want to use outlook and be done with "hotmail" stuff.

It uses accent color for most of the color. There's definitely plans for a light mode--but that'll be post release, once I get bored of trying to integrate picasa/flickr/500px/facebook

EDIT: The map stuff needs some work (mostly a small mockup or the photos in the map. Also the 'journal' view (with 4 photos in a grid) is my second mockup on design. Most likely very different from release version on that.

PG2G

I don't mind 5.5" but they are going to have to minimize the bezel and make it something more Galaxy S4 like. The 920 has a good half inch of space under the screen used by the buttons. Would prefer they keep to no larger than 5" for non-niche devices though.

flippedb

Banned
6sec logged me out, and now I can't log back in to my Vine account. When I try and enter my twitter account, it starts the process of making a new account

hadareud

The Translator
I don't mind 5.5" but they are going to have to minimize the bezel and make it something more Galaxy S4 like. The 920 has a good half inch of space under the screen used by the buttons. Would prefer they keep to no larger than 5" for non-niche devices though.

If there's virtually no bezel, 5.5 could possibly be ok for. me. But it's still fucking huge.

If it has the 41mp camera as the name (1025) suggests and a 1080p screen I may be tempted. Very tempted.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I have no interest in any phone bigger than 4.8" so if that's what coming out this year I'm more than happy with my 920. I think the Note's and their ilk are silly.

PG2G

If there's virtually no bezel, 5.5 could possibly be ok for. me. But it's still fucking huge.

If it has the 41mp camera as the name (1025) suggests and a 1080p screen I may be tempted. Very tempted.

10XX might not just be a PureView thing, maybe just a designation for more extreme niche devices like a phablet.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Without the 41mp pureview I'm not tempted. Very not tempted.

This. The only way I would sell the 1020 and upgrade this year is if they paired a new soc and 1080p screen with the insane camera on my phone. I don't expect that until next year at this time.

hwalker84

This. The only way I would sell the 1020 and upgrade this year is if they paired a new soc and 1080p screen with the insane camera on my phone. I don't expect that until next year at this time.

Same. But i'm absolutely nuts so I can't say I wouldn't The 1020 camera is something that would be hard to live without.

MCD

pEPycKM.jpg

Oh go fuck yourselves, MS.

MCD

What's wrong with it?

And is Square Enix = Microsoft a thing now? Like Konami = Capcom?

Only for WP7 and being advertised on my 920.

No, I won't blame Square because I know MS doesn't give a single fuck about WP gaming. No, Halo is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom