• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldStar

Banned
how do I stop Nokia music player when I'm streaming music?

there is just a 'pause' button. does this tell the phone to stop streaming the rest of the strong?

wondering if having a song in the background paused uses more battery/data

hwalker84

there is just a 'pause' button. does this tell the phone to stop streaming the rest of the strong?

Hit up or down on the volume button to bring up the controls.

kharma45

Once you pause it that will be the streaming stopped.

also the streaming Nokia service (radio mix i think?) isn't all that bad. not even sure I want to install Pandora yet.

Yeah it's awesome for a free service.

H13

Anyone can help me?
been using the lumia 920
i got this error on my microsoft account :86000C09
it had trouble connecting to the server blu.m.hotmail.com
its really irritating since i cannot sync to get new email
and i cannot delete it as it is a main microsoft account.
anyone having the same problem like me ??

is there a way to disable/turn off 4g LTE on a Lumia 928 on Verizon?

or is it always on whenever in an area that allows for it?
I'm not sure about the Verison 928, but on the Rogers 920 you just go to

Settings>>Cellular

then scroll down to Highest Connection Speed, Select the button then swap it from LTE to 4G or 3G and it will only connect up to the highest you have selected.

As far as I have noticed, having the song paused wont use up any more data. Also to clear out the Now Playing section, general rule of thumb is just play and exit a video. Although some Apps, like TuneIn will automatically clear the Now Playing when you pause a song and close out of the app.

oh nice thought there was no official one
It just came back, although its more gimped after Google Intervened. You can upload through it from what I've heard though, so I would get it just for video uploads.

If you want the best youtube experience though, get MyTube. it can play videos in the background when navigating the app or even while in another app, lock screen or home screen. And you can even set it to play only the videos audio, negating the video stream altogether. You can also download videos for offline playback.

the thing is,mine is microsoft account.
does the outlook affect by it? i check the website ,it said the microsoft account is fine.
oh well..
thks for replying though

Outlook just seems to be down in general. I can't check emails through the website. Anyhow, can you download or update apps? You should get an error if its your microsoft account. If not, maybe try resetting?

PG2G

I've been having problems with Xbox Music on my phone all day too. I'm thinking they must just be having some general outages right now

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
All my services seems to working, except for some reason Chaos Rings is in the store, but there is an error trying to download it. So either it is an error or it is actually coming to WP8 now.

MCD

Sorry, direct link doesn't work. You need to find it in the store under Xbox titles. I did that and got the option to try/buy.

DhS9bDB.png
Should I buy it to test or what now lol

H13

Outlook just seems to be down in general. I can't check emails through the website. Anyhow, can you download or update apps? You should get an error if its your microsoft account. If not, maybe try resetting?

i can do anything other than sync my main hotmail which is the microsoft account.
resetting?
is it full resetting?
i need to backup though.
man this is a hassle.

i can do anything other than sync my main hotmail which is the microsoft account.
resetting?
is it full resetting?
i need to backup though.
man this is a hassle.
Not that kind of resetting. I meant powering off then back on, or a soft reset (Down Volume+Power) :p

Also its probably nothing other than the Hotmail servers being messed up. I can't even sync email

H13

Not that kind of resetting. I meant powering off then back on, or a soft reset (Down Volume+Power) :p

Also its probably nothing other than the Hotmail servers being messed up. I can't even sync email

oh :p
i did that actually, nothing works.
hmm should i wait a little bit longer or should i reset it.

MCD

oh :p
i did that actually, nothing works.
hmm should i wait a little bit longer or should i reset it.
Wait longer. Like I said, email Syncing is down for me also, so its likely just part of the larger problem which was reported earlier. If you really need to view email, the website seems to be working again. Don't do a hard reset until at least you hear people start saying its fixed for more than 48 hours. Its just not worth it otherwise.

hadareud

The Translator
Navifirm is back and working.

Only it now costs 3 Euros.

I bought it anyway. If anyone needs a specific firmware let me know your product code or model, provider and colour and I can get it and share it on skydrive.

No, the Amber update for the 920 is not yet live. That was the reason I downloaded it and I was bitterly disappointed.

hadareud

The Translator
Just did a reset on my phone because the tiles weren't updating any more and I had over 6 gig of other data.

It's downloading all the apps now. How the hell did I have a 156 apps on my phone? That's ridiculous.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just did a reset on my phone because the tiles weren't updating any more and I had over 6 gig of other data.

It's downloading all the apps now. How the hell did I have a 156 apps on my phone? That's ridiculous.

My weather tile seems to be one of the main ones that won't update for me of late. Going to wait until GDR2/Amber before I do anything.

hadareud

The Translator
My weather tile seems to be one of the main ones that won't update for me of late. Going to wait until GDR2/Amber before I do anything.

Was going to do the same, but it annoyed me too much so I couldn't wait anymore.

Of course, it would have been the smart thing to do.

Milchjon

It's Windows Phone. You don't have 156 apps. You have 156 no apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom