• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
since ATT has the newer 1020 out as their WP flagship i wonder show shitty their software updates will be with the 920? i guess will find out soon enough.

hadareud

The Translator
Amazingly, all the music that I downloaded with my music pass works.

This is a first! So far all DRM'd music that I synced to the phone didn't work and I had to download it again on the phone itself.

I'm amazed and delighted. Something related to xbox music is working like it's supposed to.

Though I'm sure there's still a bad surprise to come. One of the songs will spontaneously ignite the phone, I trust.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I occasionally get lag with Xbox Music, like launching or switching songs (when you swipe when in the now playing part). Is this fixed I wonder?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I occasionally get lag with Xbox Music, like launching or switching songs (when you swipe when in the now playing part). Is this fixed I wonder?

Not with gdr2. Neither is the "other" storage problem fixed. I haven't had any issues with live tiles though, and I have a ton of them on my home screen. Don't forget you have folks with gdr2 already guys, its not a mystery.

kharma45

Not with gdr2. Neither is the "other" storage problem fixed. I haven't had any issues with live tiles though, and I have a ton of them on my home screen. Don't forget you have folks with gdr2 already guys, its not a mystery.

Other storage will give back space when needed.

Hilarious.

Google blocks Microsoft's new YouTube Windows Phone app

Microsoft's recently released YouTube application for Windows Phone is being blocked by Google. In a statement issued to The Verge, Google confirms that the application has been blocked for violating the terms of use. Despite the two companies collaborating on an app based on HTML5, Microsoft's app is still breaking YouTube's terms of use. "Microsoft has not made the browser upgrades necessary to enable a fully-featured YouTube experience, and has instead re-released a YouTube app that violates our Terms of Service," says a spokesperson. "It has been disabled. We value our broad developer community and therefore ask everyone to adhere to the same guidelines."

Developing...

flippedb

Banned
I just installed Nokia Smart Cam, Video Trimmer and Video Uploader. I can't try them, since they won't open. According to a textbox, I need a newer version of Windows Phone 8. My carrier won't ever release an update, I'm screwed :(

kharma45

Is there a way to run Skype on WiFi? Keeps running on mobile network

If you've both turned on WiFi will take preference.

Also, check your phone, should be an update out for the 928 now giving you GDR2 and Nokia Amber http://www.wpcentral.com/verizon-pushing-amber-gdr2-update-nokia-lumia-928

I just installed Nokia Smart Cam, Video Trimmer and Video Uploader. I can't try them, since they won't open. According to a textbox, I need a newer version of Windows Phone 8. My carrier won't ever release an update, I'm screwed :(

Someone earlier mentioned that Navifirm is back, you could use it.

flippedb

Banned
http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-america/

Here is the update availability for Amber in NA. Most are either waiting for approval or available except Rogers, which is coming soon.......fuck I hate Rogers.

edit: is waiting for approval better than coming soon??

My Lumia 620 appears as Country Variant, which I believe is better, right? That explains why it didn't have any carrier stuff installed.

And thank you kharma, I'll try and do something with Navifirm. It's been over 2 years since I used it lol

It's Windows Phone. You don't have 156 apps. You have 156 no apps.

-156 Apps

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-america/

Here is the update availability for Amber in NA. Most are either waiting for approval or available except Rogers, which is coming soon.......fuck I hate Rogers.

edit: is waiting for approval better than coming soon??

But Rogers loves you Schuey, Especially your wallet!
**fucking rogers -.- Always late with everything, that one time in December was a fluke.**

Congrats on those you getting the update. I'll just sit at my desk with my shitty 8X that has a bad antena and sends distorted pics. .. and i think is starting to lag
:(

yes i am bitter.

MCD

Holy shit guys

Chaos Rings is downloading after finishing Amber update.

It's gonna take a while because shit is 700mb

MCD

QRCLTgs.png
Let's see if it works or not now.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Microsoft's recently released YouTube application for Windows Phone is being blocked by Google. In a statement issued to The Verge, Google confirms that the application has been blocked for violating the terms of use. Despite the two companies collaborating on an app based on HTML5, Microsoft's app is still breaking YouTube's terms of use. "Microsoft has not made the browser upgrades necessary to enable a fully-featured YouTube experience, and has instead re-released a YouTube app that violates our Terms of Service," says a Google spokesperson. "It has been disabled. We value our broad developer community and therefore ask everyone to adhere to the same guidelines."

The application was released earlier this week and was working for Windows Phone users before errors started to display. The Verge understands that Google simply revoked the API key Microsoft was attempting to use as the software giant had reverse-engineered YouTube's ad code. Microsoft's re-released app appears to have taken Google by surprise, despite the promise of a collaborative effort to build a Windows Phone YouTube application.

The Verge has reached out to Microsoft for comment, and we'll update you accordingly.

Update: Microsoft says it's working on resolving the issue with its updated YouTube app. “Google is blocking our updated YouTube app for Windows Phone," says a Microsoft spokesperson. "We are working with them to resolve the issue.”
it shouldn't even be an issue about ads, I received ads when using the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom