• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Oh boy.

tumblr_mgob9mJ3IU1s0mvoho1_500.gif

bobito

Banned
Hey guys, I'm interested in a windows phone.

How do these things hold up? Do they slow down really quickly like android? I can't take this google shit anymore

dLMN8R

How do these things hold up? Do they slow down really quickly like android? I can't take this google shit anymore

My Samsung Focus was significantly faster by the time I replaced it with my Lumia 920 than it was when I first got it.

I've had my 920 since it came out and have yet to come across a slowdown in system performance. I've also had it survive a few falls with only a small quarter dime sized crack in the corner.

bobito

Banned
very stable. Very fast no matter the hardware.

I've had my 920 since it came out and have yet to come across a slowdown in system performance. I've also had it survive a few falls with only a small quarter dime sized crack in the corner.

My Samsung Focus was significantly faster by the time I replaced it with my Lumia 920 than it was when I first got it.

Thank you all.

I only use my phone for mp3's, browsing the web and maps so apps don't really matter to me.

Windows phone it is.

Thanks again

kharma45

Thank you all.

I only use my phone for mp3's, browsing the web and maps so apps don't really matter to me.

Windows phone it is.

Thanks again

You'll be pleased with the phone then. Even the cheap $99 520 performs pretty brilliantly considering the price.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My weather tile seems to be working now. I deleted a bunch of apps. If that was the problem, just need to find out, which app was causing the problem. Going to see if it keeps updating properly over the next day or so first.

$200

Banned
Stupid question:

Do locked phones work with prepaid plans? I probably won't get a locked one, but just in case...

Presuming it's the same in the US as the rest of the world they will, it's a SIM lock only. They can't stop you going PAYG.

Good to know, thanks!

Razdek

Banned
Can someone explain to me why the 520 isn't getting the glance screen in the Amber update? I mean it basically has the same innards as the 620 and that's getting it.

So... there are other third party apps I can use to browse Youtube on Windows Phone, right? And those apps still let me sign in, comment, upload, like, access my playlist, etc?

If so, then fuck Google I don't care if there isn't an official Youtube App.

Only 2 more weeks before I can join you guys and get my Nokia 1020! :D Soon as it's September I'm going straight to Sprint, canceling my service, and going straight to AT&T to get my phone!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So... there are other third party apps I can use to browse Youtube on Windows Phone, right? And those apps still let me sign in, comment, upload, like, access my playlist, etc?

If so, then fuck Google I don't care if there isn't an official Youtube App.

Only 2 more weeks before I can join you guys and get my Nokia 1020! :D Soon as it's September I'm going straight to Sprint, canceling my service, and going straight to AT&T to get my phone!

myTube and Metrotube are great, but they don't allow upload. However Nokia has a upload app, which you can use.

hadareud

The Translator
Some of the Amber updates are now on Navifirm (520, 928), but still nothing for the 920.

Very strange. Usually they're there weeks before they're rolled out by the carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom