• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I've updated my 920 and everything is super so far. That said, glance screen sucks cock. I swear the whole "hover your hand over the screen to activate" is just a myth.

Is anyone here using Rando? I've been using it since it came out on Android and I'm really glad it's on WP, too. It's a really great little app.

All Things D got an article about it.

With Rando, the World Is Connected and Mundane and That’s Kind of Beautiful

Somewhere on the other side of the Internet is another person just like you, idly playing with her smartphone. And the delightful app Rando would like to connect you together, just for a moment.

Randos received on the left, Randos sent on the right

Randos received on the left, Randos sent on the right

Rando is an “experimental photo exchange platform,” as co-creator Steve Bittan describes it. The app’s users submit photos cropped in the shape of a circle. Each photo is anonymously delivered to exactly one other user. In return, the sender gets to see where it was viewed. He also receives a photo and location from a different Rando user.

The first time I used Rando, I was bored in a car late at night, and sent a picture of the winding road ahead. I got back a photo from Korea of a music app playing the song “Live Forever” by the British band Oasis. The other night, I sent a photo of what I was watching on my TV, and ever so coincidentally got a photo of a TV back from Japan. Yesterday, I sent out a picture of a bottle of juice and got back a portrait of a golden retriever in France.

http://allthingsd.com/20130816/with...ected-and-mundane-and-thats-kind-of-beautiful

It's a great little app when you're a bit bored.

WP app: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/rando/e407d57b-f15b-41ee-9236-ddc854226615

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So Nokia updated what "coming soon" and "waiting for approval" means.

Waiting for approval = undergoing final testing with country or operator to achieve approval.

Coming soon = approved, in final pre-release checks.

So it should be pretty soon for Rogers then. Also dat ATT premier support.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Glance screen is working fine now. Well, it was working fine all the time, but I'm a dumbass and was trying to activate it the wrong way.

Amber is really amazing and has fixed all my issues with WP so far.

Except the no apps thing.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Is anyone here using Rando? I've been using it since it came out on Android and I'm really glad it's on WP, too. It's a really great little app.

http://allthingsd.com/20130816/with...ected-and-mundane-and-thats-kind-of-beautiful

WP app: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/rando/e407d57b-f15b-41ee-9236-ddc854226615

Where do I go to see where people have looked at my rando? I can see the last rando I got, but I don't see a place where I can look at where my photos went.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So with the further gimping of Zune, Xbox Video will finally be made available on WP8, X1 and the web later this year. Finally! I assume this will be enabled with GDR3.

MCD

So with the further gimping of Zune, Xbox Video will finally be made available on WP8, X1 and the web later this year. Finally! I assume this will be enabled with GDR3.

This is what always ticked me off about MS: Everything is tied by one of their teams.

Example: You can't use MS points till The Xbox team kill it...years later and they did.

Zune/Xbox Video is another one.

Oh well...at least it's all coming out nicely in the end.

Milchjon

Nokia has some weird commercials.

British

French

MNB-IMG_1829.jpg

Kinda cute Minion wallpapers.

flippedb

Banned
So Nokia updated what "coming soon" and "waiting for approval" means.

Waiting for approval = undergoing final testing with country or operator to achieve approval.

Coming soon = approved, in final pre-release checks.

So it should be pretty soon for Rogers then. Also dat ATT premier support.
Damn, I hope Country Variants come faster. I dont think they'll release all the updates before November.

JaggedSac

Anybody else get JSON responses shown in the browser when they install apps to the phone from the web store?

The lack of share extension is something many android friends complained about WP.

yes, now the majority of the big apps are there but those apps are still lacking. developers just don't update or improve their apps enough on WP. Spotify, Tunein, and others are shitty on WP in comparison to ios/android. Almost 3 years and an app as big as Yelp has had 1 update, and that was only because of Nokia's help.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
very bizarre that you even came across that frequent reboot to begin with. That's unacceptable.
At some point I was averaging 4 reboots per day. I even lost some important calls because the phone would reboot inside of my pocket and I wouldn't notice it until I pulled it out to check the e-mail or whatever.

Thank God it's now fixed.

MCD

The lack of share extension is something many android friends complained about WP.

yes, now the majority of the big apps are there but those apps are still lacking. developers just don't update or improve their apps enough on WP. Spotify, Tunein, and others are shitty on WP in comparison to ios/android. Almost 3 years and an app as big as Yelp has had 1 update, and that was only because of Nokia's help.

Yes, it's dumb how there is no universal share thingy in WP.

It's a pain in the ass sending news to WhatsApp via other apps.

At some point I was averaging 4 reboots per day. I even lost some important calls because the phone would reboot inside of my pocket and I wouldn't notice it until I pulled it out to check the e-mail or whatever.

Thank God it's now fixed.
Holy moly. My phones don't reboot that much, and I run beta software that's expected to crash!

The only retail consistent reboots I found were Bluetooth related or 'beats' audio related on the 8x. For some reason I had a pair of ear buds that could cause a lock when I stuck it in the phone once every two/three weeks.

MCD

My 920 self rebooted constantly when it's idle and set to 3g because of the poor reception in my bed room. 4 times is nothing compared to mine.

I dunno if they fixed it or not with Amber and I don't have 3g internet to test anyway.

Totakeke

Trying to update my phone but there's not enough space (needs ~500mb), so I went to delete all my pictures, all my music, and the apps I pretty much never use, and all I get in the end is 1GB free space.

SMH.

Totakeke

Trying to update my phone but there's not enough space (needs ~500mb), so I went to delete all my pictures, all my music, and the apps I pretty much never use, and all I get in the end is 1GB free space.

SMH.

WTF. The update proceeded and took up 500+MB of that 1GB space I had, now I'm left with 470MB and it tells me the update needs 500+MB again. This is fucked up.

I'm using a HTC 8X with only 8GB storage. Are there any apps out there that'll make it easy for me to get more space? If I delete any more stuffs that I use, I might as well reset the phone.

Joe

So embedded YouTube videos just started working on neogaf mobile on my phone today, what happened?

edit: also I cleaned my headphone jack and now I get sound out of both channels...thanks to whoever recommended that!

So embedded YouTube videos just started working on neogaf mobile on my phone today, what happened?

edit: also I cleaned my headphone jack and now I get sound out of both channels...thanks to whoever recommended that!
It's showing up for me too and I'm still riding AT&T's premium service on a 920.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom