• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm going to petition for Nokia to retroactively remove the pureview designation from the 92x series of phones as well. I loved my 920 at the time, but my eyes have seen the light.

I'm going to petition for Nokia to retroactively remove the pureview designation from the 92x series of phones as well. I loved my 920 at the time, but my eyes have seen the light.

Really? Because I've been told by a Sony shareholder that Sony's next Android flagship is totally going to beat your lousy and noisy sensor.

joshschw

Want's to try Nokia Pro Cam, get's slapped in the face with old OS, lol.

Actually, it is stuff like this that upsets me more than even the fact that AT&T has not released the update yet.

Don't give me new stuff on the store and then tell me to follow directions to update my phone so I can use it, and then have the update not be available. It really is a slap in the face.

Lucius86

Banned
Rub it in ya bastard. I might give them a buzz next week if I don't hear anything by the end of this one, since it's the GPS that has died I dunno what kind of repair they'll be doing to it.

I would imagine they would replace the entire innards - they did that for mine just to replace the LCD, so I got a new IMEI number and the base software version was the latest before GDR2.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Really? Because I've been told by a Sony shareholder that Sony's next Android flagship is totally going to beat your lousy and noisy sensor.

Before we know anything about the sensor, before we saw the absurd attachment, I read the pronouncements about the Sony phone camera this fall. Its laughable, especially because they always list the name of the Sony tech like it means anything. They have the worst displays with the most awesome names, like bravia triluminous engine or some crap, then they get reviewed and are simply awful.

That's nice for you.

Matter of fact, I'm going to ask Nokia to remove the rear camera functionality from the 92x series. Keep the front cam for Skype.

kharma45

I would imagine they would replace the entire innards - they did that for mine just to replace the LCD, so I got a new IMEI number and the base software version was the latest before GDR2.

Still taking a loooong time. Maybe if you've a more premium phone they care more :p

hadareud

The Translator
No, the video app.

Have you by any chance set your agent to desktop?

Because it will then load the flash based videos. If you haven't, I'd just clear the cache.

If it's really mostly unchanged, I can't see how this will sell.

Except for brot, he'll be all over the red one.

I think it looks better than Nokia's Lumia line, but I'd be insane to give up on the Nokia apps. Not that they're any use for me, but you never know what might come out in the future.

Milchjon

Good riddance, WP7 loser.

tumblr_m601gh8VAw1qhcq3b.gif

Just wait bro. You are a WP user, waiting shouldn't be hard for you.

it's so easy! You just wake up, make no effort to do anything, and then go to sleep at the end of the day. Simple! Easy peasy! Splendid! Splenda! Aspartame! Chicken Little! Infinite Jest!

zedge

I'll actually need some kind of corroborating link for this.

Not sure if I can find one. But I watch the verge cast every week. He bought a GS4 google edition and its his daily driver. Nilay bought the HTC one google edition. Josh has been using the Moto X for a bit now though for his review.

Fjolle

Still taking a loooong time. Maybe if you've a more premium phone they care more :p

Acer managed to receive my laptop, change the screen and send it back in two days.

It's not like it takes time to change the innards of a phone, I guess that they just doesn't care, or they're totally backed up by all the shitty phones they sell.

hadareud

The Translator
Where's my bloody update EE! It's a life and death situation, I can no longer do without all the new features that I never plan to use apart from trying them out initially.

Josh uses a google edition S4. ;)

The same way that certain people on the gaming forum use an Xbox ahead of their Playstation (and vice versa), I trust.

Where's my bloody update EE! It's a life and death situation, I can no longer do without all the new features that I never plan to use apart from trying them out initially.

Tell me about it, I need Amber ASAP! I've been waiting for FM Radio ever since I switched from the Optimus 7 to the Galaxy Nexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom