• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Tom Warren rustlin' jimmies in Gaming

Amanda-Seyfried-Laugh-Reaction-Gif-In-Mean-Girls.gif

hadareud

The Translator
Yeah, the notifications for Facebook are a shambles.

I never get any at all. However, when I was on holiday in Austria all of a sudden I got like a dozen and as soon as I opened the app, read them (there were only two in reality) and closed it again, I'd get them again. Several times.

I then proceeded to switch notifications for it off altogether, but I still kept getting them until I uninstalled the app.

Milchjon

:lol good. PC elitists can be annoying sometimes.

My favorite post so far:

The close association between PC and microsoft has really died down in the last decade.

As Microsoft has expanded into other markets and bastardized their OS because of it, MS fanboys have become diehard supporters of things like surface, xbox, windows phones, and Zune.

The PC has become less important to them because they are now battling Apple, Samsung and Sony in the consumer electronic field

hadareud

The Translator
That an innocent tweet by a random journalist is cause for a multi-page thread on Gaf shows you how ridiculously desperate people here are to be offended and outraged.

It's like they have nothing better to do.

Like be offended and outraged by the lack of updates for their phone. FUCKING HELL EE.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The GDR2 update for the 822 on T-Mobile went from waiting for approval to coming soon to available in the span of a day. There is hope......

kharma45

That an innocent tweet by a random journalist is cause for a multi-page thread on Gaf shows you how ridiculously desperate people here are to be offended and outraged.

It's like they have nothing better to do.

Like be offended and outraged by the lack of updates for their phone. FUCKING HELL EE.

O2 tweeted me to say they have no information on GDR2 for the Lumia 620 :lol :(

this_guy

To anyone who got the gdr2 update: did you lose the ability to search older Gmail messages from the mail app? That was a pretty neat feature and now its not available on my 1020.

edit:
pic_ach7_m.jpg

I picked up my Nokia 920 in June and this entire time I haven't been able to search older messages. I just thought that was a Windows Phone thing.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I always think it is funny when Joe's post about something and then he gets bombarded by completely unrelated questions. Twitter comments are barely better than Youtube and Facebook comments.

Great

Guy is now working overtime for you guys

I hope you all can sleep well at night

The thought of him working overtime is terrible. Imagine him being in the office from 9-5. Truly terrible.

i8jDPxP.jpg

I always think it is funny when Joe's post about something and then he gets bombarded by completely unrelated questions. Twitter comments are barely better than Youtube and Facebook comments.

Come on, most questions are about the terrible state of the build-in Facebook chat inside the messaging hub.

MCD

"So what are we gonna work on today?"

"Make a list of features for the next update"

"The list from that suggestion site we opened 2 years ago?"

"Don't be lazy now, we need new features"

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The thought of him working overtime is terrible. Imagine him being in the office from 9-5. Truly terrible.

i8jDPxP.jpg

Come on, most questions are about the terrible state of the build-in Facebook chat inside the messaging hub.

True. There are good legit questions though. Some of the terrible tweets get removed quickly though.

kharma45

Amazon UK doing the Lumia 820 for £179 SIM free, not a bad deal but I'd still rather grab one of the used ones from Smartfonestore for £130 or so.

Amazon UK doing the Lumia 820 for £179 SIM free, not a bad deal but I'd still rather grab one of the used ones from Smartfonestore for £130 or so.
Depresses me on a regular basis that I took that phone out on a 24 month contract only to have the prices plumet a few months later. :(

O2 820 GDR2 update is "coming soon". Hurry up you bastards!

kharma45

Depresses me on a regular basis that I took that phone out on a 24 month contract only to have the prices plumet a few months later. :(

O2 820 GDR2 update is "coming soon". Hurry up you bastards!

Should've joined me in the SIM free master race. Costs more up front but flexible as fuck.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I picked up my Nokia 920 in June and this entire time I haven't been able to search older messages. I just thought that was a Windows Phone thing.

Nah, you used to be able to search older Gmail messages as well. The WP team even made a blog post about it. Unfortunately, it looks like Google killed it when they moved away from eas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom