• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

The 920 has been pretty janky for me. Reboot after opening the mail app, several times the touch screen got stuck and I needed to reboot, slow reaction times etc.

kharma45

Acer managed to receive my laptop, change the screen and send it back in two days.

It's not like it takes time to change the innards of a phone, I guess that they just doesn't care, or they're totally backed up by all the shitty phones they sell.

lol

The 920 has been pretty janky for me. Reboot after opening the mail app, several times the touch screen got stuck and I needed to reboot, slow reaction times etc.

It doesn't want you.

But seriously, that is not normal at all. Did you try a hard reset?

This. Rogers is "coming soon"

You should be happy. "Coming soon" is the step after "Waiting for Approval", which is where my model is stuck at.

I still can't get it to work and I just remembered that a friend of mine, who's been using an unbranded 920 for a while now, can't send MMS either. We're using different carriers, but both use the same network and settings, so I'm not really sure what's going on. It worked fine on the Galaxy Nexus, though. Really weird and annoying.

Gameloft announced 15 new games coming to WP8 and win8 with cross-platform play.

Yeeeah, can't wait for more not-Halo, not-Call of Duty, not-WoW and not-NFS.

e: I mean, they don't even have a section for Windows Phone on their page. It's iPhone Games, Android Games, iPad games, Mobile games, Other games.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeeeah, can't wait for more not-Halo, not-Call of Duty, not-WoW and not-NFS.

e: I mean, they don't even have a section for Windows Phone on their page. It's iPhone Games, Android Games, iPad games, Mobile games, Other games.

Surprised they don't have BB on the list.

Lucius86

Banned
Gonna give your app a spin now and pretend I'm gonna get one of these graduate jobs I'm applying for so I can stick a proper salary in.

The next update is ending up being quite substantial with quite a few extra features, GUI tweaks and a few other bits, but yeah give it a spin!

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
When I noticed neigaf went down, I obviously assumed that a new Nokia phone announcement had taken down the site. Alas, it was due to video games.

Awesome.

Data sense sucks that it's reliant on carriers.

IIRC, it works by telling you exactly what the carrier is billing you for, not what we estimate you are using. Instead of telling fibs and you getting a substantially different bill than what it says, we'd rather only tell you da troof.

NeOak

IIRC, it works by telling you exactly what the carrier is billing you for, not what we estimate you are using. Instead of telling fibs and you getting a substantially different bill than what it says, we'd rather only tell you da troof.

No datasense for AT&T then. They don't like being that honest with data use :/

kharma45

Nokia needs to get Counters out on WP8 then :(

f0lken

lied about indie program, got ps4 launch wrong.

I knew he was wrong about the PS4 launch, but what was the lie about the indie program? I don't really go to the gaming forum these days.

BTW: There is an update to the facebook beta app, now you can send photos in messages, upload multiple photos, inline tagging, save and share photos and improved navigation. A good update, I only wish it was a native app or if it is, I wish it wasn't so slooooooooow.

So the update to Xbox Music seems to address exactly the problems I was having with song metadata, which is nice. But at this point I don't really trust that all of the issues are truly worked out, so I'm still going to leave all of the syncing options off.

hadareud

The Translator
It's about time that MS came through with their promise of the early adopter program.

Leaving things to carriers is just such a pain in the arse.

Despite the partnership between Nokia and EA (read: moneyhats), Windows Phone was once again left in the dust at the Dungeon Keeper announcement.

So glad I don't play games on my phone.

MCD

Speaking of games, will the new indie development benefit WP8 and Win8?

Because it's time we see the games are games instead of separating arcade and indie.

Totakeke

Speaking of games, will the new indie development benefit WP8 and Win8?

Because it's time we see the games are games instead of separating arcade and indie.

It'll still take a long while before the rhetoric and negativity surrounding the Win8 app platform dies down. Why put it there when you have Steam? RT is pretty much dead as a target-able platform too.

MCD

It'll still take a long while before the rhetoric and negativity surrounding the Win8 app platform dies down. Why put it there when you have Steam? RT is pretty much dead as a target-able platform too.

True but the app store isn't just Win8. It's gonna be built in for every future Windows release.

Unless they say fuck it and scrap it all.

"LG Just Announced Quad High Def 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 Display"

Can't wait for Windows Phone to support it in 2015.

True but the app store isn't just Win8. It's gonna be built in for every future Windows release.

Unless they say fuck it and scrap it all.

Like they'd do that.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
To anyone who got the gdr2 update: did you lose the ability to search older Gmail messages from the mail app? That was a pretty neat feature and now its not available on my 1020.

edit:
pic_ach7_m.jpg

derFeef

Is there a site I can track the GDR2/Amber region/carrier update status?
Want to try at least the update before I send it back again.

edit: Thanks my friend! Should be here soon I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom