• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what happens when you change the primary alias on your Microsoft Account and change it from the one currently being used on your Windows Phone?

Any hiccups or issues? Will everything still sync properly? Skydrive will still work fine?

Does anyone know what happens when you change the primary alias on your Microsoft Account and change it from the one currently being used on your Windows Phone?

Any hiccups or issues? Will everything still sync properly? Skydrive will still work fine?
I believe that you will probably have to relog into your new Microsoft Account on the phone with the new alias. Though I would wait for someone else to confirm.

is there any easy ways I can use a PS3 controller on my Windows 8 phone? I have a Nokia Lumia 928.

Thanks!
You may be able to connect them through Bluetooth. Though other than that it would require apps to actually support the input device. You won't be able to navigate the OS with it though.

Nah, you used to be able to search older Gmail messages as well. The WP team even made a blog post about it. Unfortunately, it looks like Google killed it when they moved away from eas.

Are you fucking kidding me? URGH fuck you Google dammit I am always searching through old mails, so now I just can't update my phone?

ElNino

Nah, you used to be able to search older Gmail messages as well. The WP team even made a blog post about it. Unfortunately, it looks like Google killed it when they moved away from eas.
I just tried this on my 900 (WP7.8) and I can still search old Gmail messages not on my phone.

MCD

I still prefer Instance UI on some things (I don't like the flip cards because scrolling fast makes me Like posts accidentally) and it might be kinda hard for older folks like my mom.

The built in camera is also confusing? Dunno and doubt I'm gonna use or post anything. This account is just for viewing family stuff.

Awesome intro video though. Never though devs can make the intro screen into a video lol.

Is there a back button on Internet Explorer? I can use the built in back button, but more often than not I'm taken to my last app instead of my last webpage. Can someone point me to the actual back button?

Is there a back button on Internet Explorer? I can use the built in back button, but more often than not I'm taken to my last app instead of my last webpage. Can someone point me to the actual back button?
Yeah this is a little annoying. One neat workaround to get dedicated Back and Forward buttons in IE is to create a scipt bookmark in your Favourites.

Create a new favourite called .Back or .Forward (so that it's at the top of your favourites list) and type this as the address:
javascript:history.back()
javascript:history.forward()

f0lken

Yeah this is a little annoying. One neat workaround to get dedicated Back and Forward buttons in IE is to create a scipt bookmark in your Favourites.

Create a new favourite called .Back or .Forward (so that it's at the top of your favourites list) and type this as the address:

:bow:

mrklaw

MrArseFace

or just go to the recent menu?

hadareud

The Translator
If my 920 is sim free, but I'm using a Vodafone sim, I guess that means I'm 'country variant' right?

I bought my son a 520 for his birthday next week, will be running it on PAYG. Are there any good apps for tracking usage? I'm particularly thinking about data being used in the background without realising.

Yes, you should be.

Let me know your current software version (starting with 1232.) and I'll let you know.

Totakeke

Are you on amber?

I'm using 8X so...

oops, shouldn't posted that Ss but my ver number is 8.0.10327.77

Zre84ut.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

You can also do the same thing to jump to the top of the page:

javascript:scroll(0,0)

"Delta's 19,000 in-flight professionals are there for the safety and comfort of our customers, and equipping them with innovative solutions means they can better meet our customers' needs on board every flight," said Joanne Smith, senior vice president – In-Flight Service. "This is yet another way we're investing in technology to improve the customer experience."

The Windows Phone 8 device, a Nokia Lumia 820, enables Delta flight attendants to...

Those poor people are stuck in WVGA hell forever now :(

PG2G

Just so you know, I believe when you resume the app from the multi-tasking menu it maintains the back stack but not when you open it from the start screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom