• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

New WP switch. Not as good as the last one. Liked the ending though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vR4LeL0yzE

Haha, I like it.

Bling bling, bitches!

R61giGa.jpg

Looks like it's time to #switch again!

I hope it comes with a wrist strap, because I'd probably slap any of those out of their owners' hands.

hadareud

The Translator
A golden phone. Wow.

Not glittery enough, though. So close, Apple. Next time for sure.

Is the extra 1 gig for am on the 1020 worth the extra price? Keep in mind i dont care too much for the camera

If you don't care about the camera, the RAM is definitely not worth the extra price.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm using 8X so...

oops, shouldn't posted that Ss but my ver number is 8.0.10327.77

Zre84ut.jpg

I'm assuming it carried over your eas settings when you updated and you were grandfathered in. I have a new device and it doesn't allow it. Have you wiped your phone since the update?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I am not going back to Rogers. Or the other big 2. Their customer service is a big number 2.

Pretty much. I like to bitch about Rogers, but we still got it before the US's premier carrier, which isn't saying much though. If I could afford the phone outright I would probably not be with a major carrier.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
At&t is the only one with lte in my area and I get a discount in my bill so it's not egregious. Plus they have the best windows phones. I ain't going anywhere.

f0lken

6tag blows Instance out of the water. Goodbye, Instance, and your 13 shitty filters.

Add me: trab_pu_kcip

I follow you know, This is me http://instagram.com/flaurehn_

And I think Belfiore working overtime is paying off, today I received 100% of all my facebook messages in the messaging app, and I noticed a little change, previously when someone sent me an sticker it would show me a non-understandable link to open IE and see the sticker, but now it shows "X has sent you an sticker", now if only somehow MS could integrate FB Messenger (and other apps) into the messaging app with full functionality.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yay I have Data Sense!!

edit: some things definitely seem smoother. For example, when you bring up the menu when using the camera, that comes out much smoother.

you can register as a WP developer for the promotional rate of $19/1st yr til Aug 26th.

http://apps.windowsstore.com/default.htm

https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/join

Join

The new Windows Phone Dev Center has everything you need to create great apps and add them to the Windows Phone Store for the world to see, try, and buy. You can start creating apps anytime. When you’re ready to offer them in the Store, you’ll need a subscription to the Dev Center where you can start the process of adding them to the Store catalog. Your subscription includes some useful tools and your own personal dashboard to track your apps and your earnings.

How do I join?

After you register for an annual Dev Center subscription, you’ll get to submit unlimited paid apps to Windows Phone Store. You can also submit up to 100 free apps. To register, you need a valid credit card, a PayPal account, or a promo code. Registration is free if you’re a DreamSpark student.

Dev Center registration price promotion

For a limited time, the annual subscription fee for a Windows Phone Dev Center account has been reduced to $19 USD (or the equivalent in your local currency). Taxes, VAT, and other fees are excluded from this offer. This offer is valid beginning 6/26/2013 12:00 AM PST and ending 8/27/2013 12:00 AM PST in countries where the Windows Phone Dev Center registration is available (see Regional info). See the official terms of this offer for more details.

What do I get?

Your subscription connects you to tools, information, tips, code samples, and a broad community of developers. You can:
Get free development tools, including a phone emulator to test your app
Explore code samples and all the information in our developer library
Read tips about selling your app
Review our policy guidelines and certification requirements
See tips and guidelines for creating apps that reflect the beauty of our design concepts
Create apps with trial options
Enable in-app purchasing, so customers can buy things within your app
Test your app with a real phone
Submit free and paid apps to the Store
Distribute your app around the world and set country/region-specific price tiers
Watch your progress and manage your apps in a personalized dashboard
Ask questions, share advice, or talk with other Windows Phone developer
I’m not ready to join right now. What can I still do in the Dev Center?

You can start building Windows Phone apps even if you don’t have a subscription yet. You can download the free tools, peruse code samples, read topics in our library, and learn how to design your app to reflect the Windows Phone design principles. You can also participate in our community.

You’ll need a subscription when you’re ready to test your app with a real phone or submit your app to the Windows Phone Store.

I want to know more about the process

Check out the Dev Center’s Publish section for more information about the submission process, pricing your app around the world, how you get paid, making changes to your app, etc.

i just paid and signed up, i believe i can unlock my phone now as a registered developer. if someone wants to create a thread about the promo rate for new developers go again.

playing around with the app studio. it's pretty easy. will probably create an app with my wedding pics.

i also played with the video playlist template. it's pretty easy to create an app with a bunch of youtube videos. anyone know the legalities of such a thing? can i publish it? would it have to be free if i'm using youtube videos that aren't my own? or can i publish the app with ads?

Milchjon

Anyone know what kind of ad network (I assume) Ragdoll Rum is using? I used to get tons of "Marriage and God" ads, and today it's all BlackBerry. Seems like they really need to work on their targeting.

So now that I have GDR2, anyone have a list of apps things that the phone could only do after getting this update?

So far I know of:
Pro Shot
Nokia Smart Camera
Nokia Pro Camera

Anything else?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So now that I have GDR2, anyone have a list of apps things that the phone could only do after getting this update?

So far I know of:
Pro Shot
Nokia Smart Camera
Nokia Pro Camera

Anything else?

-Double Tap to wake up
-adjust the screen colour balance
-glance screen
-fm radio
-data sense
-improvements to xbox music

MCD

I'm sure I could get one free some way or another if a lot of effort was given.

That new ad is humorous. Much prefer the wp advertisements than the scroogled ones.

One could say I was working on wp8 before mango ever was RTM.

How did it feel knowing it won't be compatible?

-Double Tap to wake up
-adjust the screen colour balance
-glance screen
-fm radio
-data sense
-improvements to xbox music
I absolutely LOVE the bolded. Especially the double tap to wake. Made my screen colour a little more vivid as well. Data Sense is an awesome app even though I have unlimited Data, but my best friend was literally complaining last night about going over his 1GB limit, so he's gone love this.

Also, I took a couple of photos right before I did my update and then took them with the Nokia Pro Cam App right after the update. Here's a comparison for you guys.

Pre-Update on the Left - Post-Update Pro Cam on the Right

Finished the Update and I have to say its pretty awesome. Datasense is amazing, pinned it right to my start screen. Got my FM Radio Stations set up and enabled TuneIn to use FM when possible.

For the Nokia Stuff, Double Tap is definitely welcome and Ill likely be turning it on alot more this way. I turned Glance on under peek mode and I'll see if I like it like that or if I like it better as timed (still trying to find the difference between the two). Still have my Camera set to the default, but I'll definitely open up the new Nokia Apps when I want to do something more fancy.

All in all, some pretty nice stuff in here. Now lets bring on GDR3 :p

Still have my Camera set to the default, but I'll definitely open up the new Nokia Apps when I want to do something more fancy.

All in all, some pretty nice stuff in here. Now lets bring on GDR3 :p
I don't know, I suggest switching to the Nokia camera fulltime.

And yeah, can;t wait for GDR3.

Razdek

Banned
Is there a tutorial on how to manually update to GDR 2? I have a feeling TELUS doesn't give a shit and won't bring it out till next year.

hankster

Is there a tutorial on how to manually update to GDR 2? I have a feeling TELUS doesn't give a shit and won't bring it out till next year.
and has anyone done this and restored from a backup? How much gets saved / what gets lost?

damn you at&t...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I would wait a bit longer if you can unless you want to lose all your game saves.

Also I got the new Bing search layout just a few minutes ago.

Razdek

Banned
I would wait a bit longer if you can unless you want to lose all your game saves.

Also I got the new Bing search layout just a few minutes ago.

Updates are even worse now on WP8. At least with WP7 we could force the update through June. I was so hopeful when they announced OTA updates at the reveal and thought that meant bypassing carriers only to find out it was the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom