• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
My original point was who is this Lumia 625 for? You said a 8 GB phone with non-expandable memory is worthless and I said that 8 GB with expandable memory is worthless as well

So you agreed with me and proved my point by talking about how crappy an 8gb phone is. Which is why I said that, to me, the N4 starts at $349.

Razdek

Banned
So you agreed with me and proved my point by talking about how crappy an 8gb phone is. Which is why I said that, to me, the N4 starts at $349.

Ah I understand now sorry about that. I thought you meant that a 8 GB phone with expandable memory was OK as well when it's not. I can't even imagine what using a 4 GB phone like the HTC 4S would be like.

NeOak

Ah I understand now sorry about that. I thought you meant that a 8 GB phone with expandable memory was OK as well when it's not. I can't even imagine what using a 4 GB phone like the HTC 4S would be like.

Like sticking a fork on your pen...

You get the idea.

MCD

Everyone is looking forward to Ben Affleck's new influence on the company.

heh
BSX-TPhCEAEjbOW.jpg

:lol

Someone like my wife. She is still using the Titan and don't care much for apps. She uses it for Facebook, check email, message and occasionally take picture or two. I try to get her to upgrade to 900 or 920 but she said she want a big screen. Things like Note 2 or even Nokia next phablet would be a waste for someone like her. She doesn't care for high-res screen nor apps or games. She just want fast easy to use phone that have giant ass screen.

Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3

But would she pay $300 for that phone? I don't know, I can see why the Lumia 520 sells well, not sure about the 620 but just can't see the 625 selling well at that price range.
I am sure it will be subsidize on our "Premiere" carrier if they decide to carry it and probably be free or close to it.

I am going to convince her to go with the 925 ... To me it seems silly to use subsidy for cheap phone.

Milchjon

625, 4.7 inch is the biggest wp and it's relatively cheap.

It's really not cheap at this point. On Amazon.de the 920 and the 625 are less than 30€ apart (the white 920 can actually be had for the same price). If you dig a bit deeper, you can find the 920 for even less.

That's not cheap for 2011 tech.

It's really not cheap at this point. On Amazon.de the 920 and the 625 are less than 30€ apart (the white 920 can actually be had for the same price). If you dig a bit deeper, you can find the 920 for even less.

That's not cheap for 2011 tech.

It's not fair to compare the two like that. The 920 was obviously much more expensive when it launched and the price came down over the months.The same will happen with the 625.

Milchjon

It's not fair to compare the two like that. The 920 was obviously much more expensive when it launched and the price came down over the months.The same will happen with the 625.

Sure. It's just that right now it's a pretty bad deal relative to the rest of Nokia's line-up and not anywhere near the price you'd expect when you hear "62x" or the specs.

Milchjon

WMPU is incredible. WSJ/IDC report a decline in Nokia smartphone sales in Europe of 11% YoY. WMPU reports Nokia outselling Apple in Italy and a 100+% increase in the UK.

Framing is a great thing.

Razdek

Banned
Sure. It's just that right now it's a pretty bad deal relative to the rest of Nokia's line-up and not anywhere near the price you'd expect when you hear "62x" or the specs.

Yea I agree completely. Whoops, double checked my LG Quantum and it only had 512 MB of RAM too. Sorry for the misinformation.

dLMN8R

Razdek

Banned
Do you guys feel obligated to use the same theme color as the color of your phone? I have a yellow case and use the yellow theme on my 520 but like the cyan theme on my WP7.8 phone. I tried the cyan on the 520 but it just looks weird and not natural.

I gotta say WP is lagging behind android and IOS but damn the Xbox Music on Xbox with Smartglass experience on my smartphone impressed everyone tonight at my dinner party. Had my Xbox going, and friends with iPhone bragging about airplay, etc. I said, "yeah it's on Xbox now but let me turn on my smartglass ...bamn! Music controls, artist bios, album reviews etc."

then one guy says he tried a Lumia for a week but returned it cuz cut and paste didn't stick to clipboard, no orientation lock, no independent volume controls and no voice to text across all apps.

fck you Microsoft, I coulda sold 2-4 phones for you but basic features that should have been there a yr ago are still missing.

Razdek

Banned
I gotta say WP is lagging behind android and IOS but damn the Xbox Music on Xbox with Smartglass experience on my smartphone impressed everyone tonight at my dinner party. Had my Xbox going, and friends with iPhone bragging about airplay, etc. I said, "yeah it's on Xbox now but let me turn on my smartglass ...bamn! Music controls, artist bios, album reviews etc."

then one guy says he tried a Lumia for a week but returned it cuz cut and paste didn't stick to clipboard, no orientation lock, no independent volume controls and no voice to text across all apps.

fck you Microsoft, I coulda sold 2-4 phones for you but basic features that should have been there a yr ago are still missing.

yea it sucks that features that everyone has been asking for since WP was introduced are still not here. When someone asks questions about my WP I don't even bother to try to sell them on it as the missing basic features questions always pops up.

What does he mean by cut/paste didn't stick to clipboard?

Hopefully blue fixes things. I mean, they have been slowly adding in features for awhile now. Orientation Lock supposedly is coming in GDR3, so all we're missing from that list is independent volume controls and the voice to text in all apps.

Milchjon

A smaller sensor than the 920 with similar performance to the 1020? Doubtful, to say the least.

Wait, it is? But it's still 20 MP? How small are those pixels? And what's the point then? Oh well, Sony's engineers are obviously the best and then there's always that "desirable OS".

JaggedSac

lol, he actually listed those things? I probably would have told him to leave.

hadareud

The Translator
Wait, it is? But it's still 20 MP? How small are those pixels? And what's the point then? Oh well, Sony's engineers are obviously the best and then there's always that "desirable OS".

I'm just guessing based on the thickness and there not being a bump.

Unless Sony defied the laws of physics or came up with some sort of miracle solution the sensor is tiny.

You got that one right. I mean, Sony is the one who builds the sensor. Of course they're the best at using it.

brb, investing more in Sony stock.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I don't see anything on the horizon competing with the 1020 in camera. This thing is a beast, and if you even halfway care about smartphone cameras, you should own one. I'm just floored whenever I pull the full res files from the phone. As someone with young kids and having never owned a high end camera, I didn't realize how poor a job smartphone cameras did at capturing images. And this includes the 920. If you have a dedicated camera, fine, but if you don't and you care about the pictures you take, there is only one choice.

And yes, I know Nokia needs to bring it out in many of your markets before you can even think about buying it.

MCD

Yeah, I will grab 1020 as soon as I see that shit.

I said the same thing about 925 and I have yet to see it. Fucking Nokia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom