• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sordid

Nokia are ballin', Amber brings the high touch sensitivity option to the Lumia 620 so you can use it with gloves.

Edit - Oh lord you can get Pro Cam working too on it with some tweaking, YES!

How do you get Pro Cam on to a 620? My missus has never been that impressed with the 620 camera so anything that might help is worth a go!

So I'm using the one month trial for Xbox Music and I love the service so far, does anyone here know if the service cards ever go on sale? :p

$99 for a year is a great value, but I wouldn't mind finding a better deal.

stktt

Banned
Damn kids and their MyBooks and Tweestagrams. Back in my day, we devoted every ounce of our being to the task at hand, never once stopping to take a quick photograph.

NeOak

OP is whining about stuff he doesn't like, and wants other people to support his hater point of view.

What if people like to share that "hey, I'm enjoying this!" to friends? Why can't they?

Also, fuck his hipster old grandpa point of view at late 20s. He is just being a cunt saying the whole generation is doomed and what not, while he is part of the same generation.

Someone should have posted "ITT: OP bitching about people his age having fun with their phones"

Milchjon

NeoGAF is probably a better example of whats wrong with a generation than this commercial is

Why you gotta be like that

sadmartinfreeman.gif

stktt

Banned
Not to evoke GDR2 envy, but Xbox Music hasn't been stuttering towards the end of a song or nonsensically splitting albums since I updated.

OP is whining about stuff he doesn't like, and wants other people to support his hater point of view.

What if people like to share that "hey, I'm enjoying this!" to friends? Why can't they?

Also, fuck his hipster old grandpa point of view at late 20s. He is just being a cunt saying the whole generation is doomed and what not, while he is part of the same generation.

Someone should have posted "ITT: OP bitching about people his age having fun with their phones"

It's sad when you are at the point where you think YOUR generation is doomed. Normally it's the older generations looking at the younger generations and thinking they are doomed. You don't pull that shit on YOUR generation, that's some serious hipster shit right there.

Also, the generation which has fucked the US the most is actually the Baby Boomers (first post-WWII) generation. Their greed has driven this country to the brink of bankruptcy.

frontieruk

It's sad when you are at the point where you think YOUR generation is doomed. Normally it's the older generations looking at the younger generations and thinking they are doomed. You don't pull that shit on YOUR generation, that's some serious hipster shit right there.

Also, the generation which has fucked the US the most is actually the Baby Boomers (first post-WWII) generation. Their greed has driven this country to the brink of bankruptcy.

right generation, wrong reasoning, greed came later.

hadareud

The Translator
I'm as old man yells at cloud as anyone, but the social media thing doesn't even remotely piss me off, even though I'm not part of it.

That thread is hilarious.

hadareud

The Translator
the funniest thing is some people upset at people not having lighters anymore.

I am too. Can't bloody smoke anywhere these days.

We're all going to live until we're hundred and we won't be able to retire until we're ninety. It's awful.

Give people a pack of cigarettes and a pint of chip fat to wash them down is what I say.

only thing that sucks is that i know that a better version of the 1020 will most likely be released by years end (probably with verizon or at&t)

Milchjon

MinimallyMinimal finally did his review, with some gorgeous product shots as always:

I’m not going to convince you to switch or tell you that a Windows Phone is better than the iPhone - it simply isn’t. The apps are worse, it doesn’t work as seamlessly with the Mac, and it doesn’t have Google maps (don’t email me about some crap implementation, I’m talking about the real thing). But if you’re like me and hate the way iOS 7 looks and like a bit of change once in a while, you might want to consider a Lumia device. Both the 920 and 1020 are beautifully constructed and do what they promise to do flawlessly. Once you’ve gotten used to Apple’s level of hardware quality, it’s hard to use anything else. The fact that I’m in some ways more happy with the 1020’s hardware than the iPhone 5’s is saying a lot. Hardware wise, this is one of the best phones out there. It’s also the best Windows Phone you can buy by a large margin. It’s really up to you to decide if that’s good enough though.

I also can't help but think that he'd excel at Stackenblocken.

moeppel

lol, he actually listed those things? I probably would have told him to leave.

why? and you can add gapless playback to this list.

windows phone is lacking a lot of small things. the lumia 800 was my first and last windows phone... still 7.8, but the same problems as 8.

why? and you can add gapless playback to this list.

windows phone is lacking a lot of small things. the lumia 800 was my first and last windows phone... still 7.8, but the same problems as 8.

gapless playback is just no time between tracks right? I've always wondered why that was a big deal with people. Could you give me some insight?

Fjolle

gapless playback is just no time between tracks right? I've always wondered why that was a big deal with people. Could you give me some insight?

If you listen to an album where the tracks are mixed to be played without gaps between them it sounds weird.

Otherwise fuck that.

MCD

Anyone hate how the tiles animate too slow? What's the point of glance and go when they flip/slide so slowly?

And the notifications getting stuck for more than 10 sec on the screen one after another. Yes, I know I can slide them off but try sliding 50 Whatsapp notifications.

/rant

PG2G

Microsoft account is there, but I don't think you've ever been able to use points. Wouldn't make sense to add it either, since everything is going to money.

While on the topic, has there ever been any decent apps/services with wallet integration? Did Apple's Passbook ever take off?

I wonder if it'd be possible to create an app that would at least serve as a way to put all of your annoying grocery store rewards accounts on your phone. (Edit: Looks like said app already exists)

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I want that Nokia tablet, but $500 is just too much for RT, and Surface RT already proved that. Why does Nokia think it can hit the same price point a year later, again with a cool keyboard attachment, yet achieve a different result when they won't even be able to match the marketing spend for the failed Surface RT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom