• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandatory Kinect.

You mean "internet requirement". God, imagine if your phone was always online ...

The only thing I really wish for is that they stay away from three wide tile layouts.

Whenever I think of the team messing with Metro, something like this comes to mind ...

0EnKoqm.jpg

kharma45

So if rumours (and some confirmed reports) are true GDR3 will be a pretty good catch-up update: Notification Center, individual volume controls, 1080p, message syncing, rotation lock, etc. But does someone now about unique rumored features?

That'd be awesome if it happened. It's big enough we could even have a thread on it if it happened, would alleviate a lot of issues some have with WP.

hadareud

The Translator
If all that stuff is really in GDR3 it would be a more than decent update and more importantly, it would show that Microsoft are actually making Blue a worthwhile, real update, not just a catch-up thing.

I'm excited now. When is GDR3 supposed to be out? October? After just a short while in waiting for approval we should all be able to enjoy our rotation lock come March.

Maybe facebook notifications would finally work?

Nothing can make Facebook notifications work, don't be silly.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
OK. With the latest Xbox Update, I can use MS Points on my Windows Phone:

But I don't see any option to use my MS Account in Windows 8.1 App Store or Surface RT.

thats awesome for my son - bought him a 520 for his birthday but he has no CC (only 12) so this is a good way for him to pay for his own damn games :p

now just need MS support to unblock his account so he can actually use it. It asks for a parent's permission but then tries to charge me 50c even though I'm in the UK, and then falls over.

derFeef

Oh shiii Amber here I come.
edit: I have no idea what it did, but I got an update and after the update everything is the same as before, version numbers including.

Oh well...

edit: I have no idea what it did, but I got an update and after the update everything is the same as before, version numbers including.

Oh well...

You changed or installed some languages. It downloaded the language packs for the keyboard.

hadareud

The Translator
It's still not on Navifirm, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it coming out this week.

edit: that said, the Rogers update has apparently rolled out OTA, but it's still not on Navifirm, so who knows.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

Oh well...

Jokia Lunia.

Antique, my instagram is saulphd. Yes, I own vanmardigan but I realized it too late.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's still not on Navifirm, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it coming out this week.

edit: that said, the Rogers update has apparently rolled out OTA, but it's still not on Navifirm, so who knows.

One can only hope! I go on holiday Sunday and really want it before then :(

hadareud

The Translator
Good news UK people!

The 920 status has finally changed from waiting for approval to coming soon on a major carrier!

EE?

Nope. O2.

:(

So if rumours (and some confirmed reports) are true GDR3 will be a pretty good catch-up update: Notification Center, individual volume controls, 1080p, message syncing, rotation lock, etc. But does someone now about unique rumored features?
AT&T will probably push it to phones next summer. Looking forward to it.

Message syncing hype for reals though.

hadareud

The Translator
If I were you I'd just update it through the care suite Brot, unless you have game saves that you absolutely need.

Other than that everything is set up very quickly again. The only thing that's a bit of a pain is organising your start screen, but even that's done if 10/15 minutes.

Oh, and weave if you use it. There's no way to back up your weave settings, which is a major pain in the arse.

derFeef

Hey the HTC 8X bug got fixed, I can throw away my 920 now, lol.

edit: Availability said Amber Update should be go for me now, weird.

derFeef

Yeah I tried the 925 in a shop and it's hot sauce. Too bad it's alsmost double the price what I paid for my 920 now.
I like the white one the best.

I just started drinking my cup of coffee and nearly spat it out on the keyboard and a couple of phones. One of the few times where the above situation has ever occurred. NeoNaggers is going get some good usage in my future before Bish decides to drop the inevitable axe.

derFeef

I just started drinking my cup of coffee and nearly spat it out on the keyboard and a couple of phones. One of the few times where the above situation has ever occurred. NeoNaggers is going get some good usage in my future before Bish decides to drop the inevitable axe.

Was Vodka for me, as I always check for updates with a glass of Vodka.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Spartan Assault getting new content on the 29th along with 360 controller support on Windows 8. I need to play it more, correction I would play it more if it didn't make my phone melt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom