• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Update prompt. Yay!
Large download. Woo!
Long taking "prepare to update" Oky.
Stuck at 100% Ah fuck it.

I am the luckiest Lumia user in the universe.

Okay, so I'm going to use Nokia's little tool to update my phone to Amber, but before I do that, I want to backup some pictures form my phone.

Is it correct that I can't select all pictures on my phone and save them to my PC at once with the Windows Phone app for desktop?

St. Croix. I was born in Puerto Rico so its not a bad guess lol.

So did you lose your island accent or can you still pull it off?
i never went to St. Croix, despite having plans to on a few occasions... been to St. John several times though, including a school trip.

well, due to living on several different islands in my youth, my accent is vaguely Caribbean but i can turn it up a few notches if need be.

joshschw

Okay, so I'm going to use Nokia's little tool to update my phone to Amber, but before I do that, I want to backup some pictures form my phone.

Is it correct that I can't select all pictures on my phone and save them to my PC at once with the Windows Phone app for desktop?

if you have win8 just use metro app it backs everything automatically. I don't use the desktop app, not sure how improved it is since initial release

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is this the one I need? :O
veG9oey.jpg

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/ This page annoys the hell out of me... EE take the piss!

Is this the one I need? :O
veG9oey.jpg

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/ This page annoys the hell out of me... EE take the piss!

Yes, that would be the right one and I'm in the same situation. The update for the CV and other carrier branded version of the 920 in my country is already available, while "my" carrier is still listed as "waiting for approval". That shit right there is the reason why I usually buy unbranded devices. Fuck this shit.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yes, that would be the right one and I'm in the same situation. The update for the CV and other carrier branded version of the 920 in my country is already available, while "my" carrier is still listed as "waiting for approval". That shit right there is the reason why I usually buy unbranded devices. Fuck this shit.

Yup bought mine SIM free when the 920 came out. Stupidly I forgot it was branded to EE but was just too desperate to get my hands on the 920 I did not care!

Downloading now and going to flash after I have eaten.

joshschw

This isn't true if you have a 1020. The neither the metro or desktop app backup the 38MP picture.

I just did a test - and I realize this test does not apply to real world 1020 usage - I copied over some full-res 1020 pics to my 920 via Explorer. They displayed fine in HD Photo Viewer - not 100% sure full res but it looked like.

Then I plugged in 920 to computer and it automatically copied over the full res pics to my designated folder for automated copying.

So why is the 1020 unable to do the same thing automatically exactly? Obviously the OS/software is capable.

PG2G

It causes the Other Storage to blow up, if you don't have GDR2. And doesn't SkyDrive use some extra compression?

They fixed the compression problem in WP8. You can tell it what quality to upload to skydrive. When you choose best it will wait until you have WiFi to upload.

Forgot about the other storage thing tho

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It is weird with Nokia Pro Cam when you take a picture it has different colours for a split second after you take it? Is that the "yellow" issue people were talking about?

Sordid

How long do the spinning gears last after reboot? My phone downloaded the update then said postpone or install. I clicked install, it rebooted and now the gears have been spinning for 15 mins.

I'll rage cry if I lose all of my data!

ana

How long do the spinning gears last after reboot? My phone downloaded the update then said postpone or install. I clicked install, it rebooted and now the gears have been spinning for 15 mins.

I'll rage if I lose all of my data!

Mine was about 30-40min...

Milchjon

3 rows

kanye-smh-no.gif

Otherwise, it doesn't seem horribly ugly.

They really need to rethink their naming scheme though. When you're flooding the market with I don't know how many devices and you basically need to be a huge fanboy to keep them all apart...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
3 rows

kanye-smh-no.gif

They really need to rethink their naming scheme though. When you're flooding the market with I don't know how many devices and you basically need to be a huge fanboy to keep them all apart...

Phablets and the 1020 like Pureviews should have a different naming scheme.

kharma45

3 rows

kanye-smh-no.gif

Phablets and the 1020 like Pureviews should have a different naming scheme.

Nokia Big

Looks too narrow.

Also, podcasts are not in the store after the update.

WHAT THE FUCK WHY WHY WHY

kharma45

Yeah and with GDR2 it can download podcasts in the background now too.

Oh well, that was my big hope with GDR2 for in-built international podcast support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom