• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Facebook still not updated for me on 7.8, but at least the Beta is now there. Performs okay. The newsfeed content disappears for a few moments when I pull down to refresh. I guess it's not supposed to be like that?

Edit: Another weird thing: The bar that let's you check in/whatever isn't at the bottom like usually on WP (which seems to be different from screenshots of FB on WP8), and it uses non-Metro icons.

hadareud

The Translator
Speaking of Facebook.

I'm having a chat right now and it works fine for the first time in a long time.

I must be doing something wrong.

Well I've had my HTC 8X for a week or two now and I absolutely love it, beautiful hardware and the OS is bullet proof.

My previous phone was the Galaxy S2.

I've had my Ativ S Neo for about a week. Despite the marginal downgrade in specs compared the GS3 it holds its own well. Pretty nice phone so far. I would not have a problem holding on to this for a while but I may use this as a transitional phone if some other bleeding edge device become available. Knowing Sprint, I will not hold my breath.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
No, zedge has 920 and has an 8X as well. Zedge is a good poster. I think the 920 didn't suit his furry pictures :) (inside NHL Gaf joke).

Zedge IS a good poster. His semi defense of Topolsky's comments set me off, and I can be a rude jerk sometimes and........yeah, let's just blame Topolsky.

PG2G

Speaking of Facebook.

I'm having a chat right now and it works fine for the first time in a long time.

I must be doing something wrong.

Worked well for me the other day when I was at home. Not sure if its just improved or one of those things that works on WiFi and not cell data

flippedb

Banned
Is there a way I can fucking stop my phone from vibrating every time a Facebook message comes in, that doesn't include a) Stop receiving Facebook chat messages and b) Turning vibration on the device off for everything?

I wouldn't like to lose the vibration for SMS, but fuck Facebook messages. That's the reason why I unistalled Facebook Messenger from my old Xperia.

Anyone?

zedge

Zedge IS a good poster. His semi defense of Topolsky's comments set me off, and I can be a rude jerk sometimes and........yeah, let's just blame Topolsky.

Thanks.

Its ok. I was not in a great mood either and it should not have bothered me that much. :p

Internet serious business and all that lol

hadareud

The Translator
Symbian was the reason I didn't have a Nokia phone for around five years before I got the 920.

edit: to be fair that was a mistake, because it would have spared me from buying the shittiest phone known to mankind, the Samsung Tocco.

I had this same inconvenience using Skype while I was talking with a friend using the desktop version. Jesus, the Nokia vibrator 920.

Just be glad it wasn't this thing :p
vibrates-in-your-pocket-breaks-your-leg-nokia-3310-meme.jpg

NeOak

did i stutter?

Boring.

Sorry it doesn't have fancy animations going to home like iOS.

Symbian was the reason I didn't have a Nokia phone for around five years before I got the 920.

edit: to be fair that was a mistake, because it would have spared me from buying the shittiest phone known to mankind, the Samsung Tocco.

Back then, Symbian was far ahead of everything, the only OS that was comparable was Windows CE. I still remember people drolling on what i could do with my N75. Best flip phone i've ever owned.

Just be glad it wasn't this thing :p

I miss my N-Gage QD. That was a blunt weapon that could kill. And the 6230 with its week long battery.

Fezan

just got my self a windows phone . so can some one list me some must have apps !
also best games for windows 8.
looking for best music and video player ?
some small games?
best browser and stuff like this!

f0lken

just got my self a windows phone . so can some one list me some must have apps !
also best games for windows 8.
looking for best music and video player ?
some small games?
best browser and stuff like this!

Which phone do you have?

If is a Lumia check if the Amber Update is available now in your region.

For starters check the basics: Whatsapp, Twitter, enable facebook chat in the messaging hub, and instead of Facebook you better download The Facebook Beta, Wikipedia from Rudy Huyn and Mytube for Youtube.

Fezan

Which phone do you have?

If is a Lumia check if the Amber Update is available now in your region.

For starters check the basics: Whatsapp, Twitter, enable facebook chat in the messaging hub, and instead of Facebook you better download The Facebook Beta, Wikipedia from Rudy Huyn and Mytube for Youtube.

820 .amber update is not available yet . have whatsapp and twitter. is fb beta better ? what about browser and music player. Mytube costs $2 in my store :O

f0lken

820 .amber update is not available yet . have whatsapp and twitter. is fb beta better ? what about browser and music player. Mytube costs $2 in my store :O

Yes, FB Beta is better because it gets updated earlier, I have no problems with the Xbox Music Player but for browser I alternate between IE and UC Browser because this let you download videos from other sites other than youtube.

For games check: Rayman Jungle Run, Halo Spartan Assault, Jetpack Joyride, Wordament, iBomber Defense, Civilization Revolution.

hadareud

The Translator
Next thing will be people getting all teary eyed and nostalgic about OS/2 in this thread. If only we could have it back. And Lotus Notes. Those were the days, eh?

Fezan

Yes, FB Beta is better because it gets updated earlier, I have no problems with the Xbox Music Player but for browser I alternate between IE and UC Browser because this let you download videos from other sites other than youtube.

For games check: Rayman Jungle Run, Halo Spartan Assault, Jetpack Joyride, Wordament, iBomber Defense, Civilization Revolution.

I know i am looking like a fool here but can you guide me how to activate fb messenger in my messaging hub ?
got halo spartan ops. dredd vs zombies other i have on android.
just now need best player to play local videos!

Also do my apps like skype and whatsapp remain running in background even i open lots of apps ?
most of time i am seeing resuming when i open the app again !

flippedb

Banned
I know i am looking like a fool here but can you guide me how to activate fb messenger in my messaging hub ?

Also do my apps like skype and whatsapp remain running in background even i open lots of apps ?

Default one works just fine. Whatsapp stays open, you'll always receive notifications, I don't know about Skype, though.

Jallopy

Next thing will be people getting all teary eyed and nostalgic about OS/2 in this thread. If only we could have it back. And Lotus Notes. Those were the days, eh?

I'm living the Lotus Notes nightmare in my professional life; not funny man. Not funny.

f0lken

You need to add your FB account in settings and the option will appear to enable chat in messaging, then you can put your status online from the same messaging hub

I enjoy calendar updates and reminders when I'm at work:

2 PCs running outlook
2-4/5 phones with my MSA on them.
SurfaceRT occasionally, laptop occasionally.

It's like WWIII on reminders

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Any of you use an app to rotate your camera roll pics for the lockscreen? I have an app but it seems to be draining my battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom