• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Huge amount of Bluetooth improvements - absolutely needed
Custom sounds for messages is good, I can finally get my normal 'beep beep' Nokia text message alert back

What's the best podcast app? I don't need anything super fancy, I usually just listen to two or three. Free would be good as well.

Now showing the app icon under the screen? Keep stealing from Apple, M$.

It's funny how it took two years to implement that feature. Two years!

So I got a Nokia Lumia 925 about two months ago to replace my stolen iPhone, absolutely loving it, one of the best phones I've had. On Thursday however, I accidentally dropped it and now it has some cracks on the left side of the front of the phone ;_;

In the UK, is there anywhere I can somehow replace the screen? Googling sends me nowhere.

MCD

I no longer get app updates on my WP7

No updates any time i go into the marketplace app. It's been a few weeks since the last update.

Any ideas?

It happened to me once on WP8 and a soft reset fixed it.

And GDR3 sounds great. Really great.

Milchjon

I wish MS would spend some effort on some of the core apps.

The standard camera interface is really ugly and not overly efficient.

And has Office received any feature updates since the first version?

The People hub should be able to display Twitter images, and the Messaging hub should get more Facebook chat features.

hadareud

The Translator
So I got a Nokia Lumia 925 about two months ago to replace my stolen iPhone, absolutely loving it, one of the best phones I've had. On Thursday however, I accidentally dropped it and now it has some cracks on the left side of the front of the phone ;_;

In the UK, is there anywhere I can somehow replace the screen? Googling sends me nowhere.

Yes, Google Nokia Repair Centre, there's bound to be one close to you.

hadareud

The Translator
Liking the GDR3 stuff. Lets hope they include separate volume controls and the notification centre so they can concentrate on making Blue what it's supposed to be: not a catch up/user appeasement release, but something that really pushes the platform forward with truly new features.

hadareud

The Translator
Not covered by warranty I'm afraid. You would need to have your phone insured for that type of damage.

If you have home insurance they might pay for it too. My mother in law dropped her phone and bought a new one and her home insurance paid for it even though she didn't drop it at home.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best podcast app? I don't need anything super fancy, I usually just listen to two or three. Free would be good as well.

It's funny how it took two years to implement that feature. Two years!

Podcast Lounge is probably the best, but it isn't free.

It's funny how I haven't got a single Facebook notification since I switched to Windows Phone.

Messenger in the hub is disabled, but notifications in the app are on.

this_guy

It's funny how I haven't got a single Facebook notification since I switched to Windows Phone.

Messenger in the hub is disabled, but notifications in the app are on.

Yep. I remember Windows phone users bragging about how Facebook chat is built into the messaging app. They never told me it didn't work properly.

this_guy

Facebook chat has actually been working really well for me lately

Still doesn't work for me. I might get the first message, but subsequent messages don't go through. Are you on the GDDR 3 update? I have an AT&T branded Lumia 920 so still no update. I'm also on the latest Facebook beta.

Not covered by warranty I'm afraid. You would need to have your phone insured for that type of damage.

If you have home insurance they might pay for it too. My mother in law dropped her phone and bought a new one and her home insurance paid for it even though she didn't drop it at home.
hmm...Ok thanks, i think my phone is insured on home insurance.

Thanks for the advice, mate.

PG2G

Still doesn't work for me. I might get the first message, but subsequent messages don't go through. Are you on the GDDR 3 update? I have an AT&T branded Lumia 920 so still no update. I'm also on the latest Facebook beta.

Nope, I'm on an AT&T Lumia 920 also. Right now I am having a FB convo on the website and getting toasts from the Windows 8 message app and texts messages on my phone for each message.

Kind of annoying, but nice to see it work lol

That's because it worked really great when it was introduced with Mango, but Facebook made a lot of changes to Facebook chat since then and probably broke some of the functionality. Shit sucks when you're not officially supported.

When it comes to Facebook Chat its pretty much been working for me, with the exception in a few cases, when people message me I get it immediately and am able to hold a real time conversation.

derFeef

Nothing for Facebook is working for me. Notification numbers even pop up randomly on the tile and get stuck even. Annoying as hell. Beta app btw.

Doffen

Nothing for Facebook is working for me. Notification numbers even pop up randomly on the tile and get stuck even. Annoying as hell. Beta app btw.

Yeah, that happens all the time, but the Facebook chat that is (sort of) integrated with the phone is finally working.

I am souring on the platform because of this. The best devices on the worst carrier. WP8 was supposed to end this garbage. Joe lied. WP died...

I am pretty it has to do with the fact that they are trying to sell both 1020 and 925 currently. They update the 8X because there is no HTC phone coming out anytime soon. My guess would be we might get GDR2 close to when GDR3 come out. Yes, suck big time, not sure what happen to that let user decide when to update someone should twitter joe.

Korey

It happened to me once on WP8 and a soft reset fixed it.

And GDR3 sounds great. Really great.

By soft reset do you mean just turn off and on your phone? Because I've done it several times and still nothing :\

I did manually go to one of the app's store pages and it found that app's update that way, so now it says I have 1 update available. Still not polling all my other apps.

MCD

Soft reset = hold power and volume down button.

That's on my Lumia 920.

Your phone should have something similar.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm not sure if it's a part of gdr2 or amber but the power button pulses on my 1020 when it's charging if I let the phone die. Nice touch.

Rehynn

Lately my 620 hasn't been able to send larger video files to my computer via Bluetooth. I select Share > Bluetooth > My PC, it goes to the load screen, then back to the video without sending the file.

It used to have no problem with it, what could've happened?

PG2G

I'm not too annoyed about AT&T and GDR2 yet since it doesn't really have any major features... but when they pull this crap with GDR3 I'll be ready to riot :/

Milchjon

Possible Notification Center reveal
WP81_blue_Alleged.jpg

Notifications on Glance Screen shown on video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom