• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Considering all the data I have on my phone (access to email, my lastpass account which contains every single one of my passwords, wallet access, my personal details, other people's personal details) there's no way that I wouldn't lock it.

Of course it was never yet necessary but if you lose your phone your fucked. Yes, it can be remotely wiped, but only once you notice that you've lost it, at which point it may well already be too late.

I'm up for it, we're gonna be fucking rich!

Yeah, I probably should lock it, but usually I'm not in situations where I need to worry about it being stolen and I would never forget it anywhere.

Looks like the new Rayman game will be coming to WP8. Wonder if AC:pirates will?

edit: Apparently if you use the web based Gmail on WP it has the shitty feature phone layout. Thank fuck I don't use Gmail.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm coming very, very close to switching all my accounts out of Gmail. I don't care if google and MS are fighting, what google are doing to me as a win8 and winphone user is bull.

I won't close the account because it is tied to my android account and hence my android apps, but I'm gonna deprecate it as much as possible. I already phased out google calendar and Google docs.

Zeknurn

I'm coming very, very close to switching all my accounts out of Gmail. I don't care if google and MS are fighting, what google are doing to me as a win8 and winphone user is bull.

I won't close the account because it is tied to my android account and hence my android apps, but I'm gonna deprecate it as much as possible. I already phased out google calendar and Google docs.

I did this when Google announced that they were going to shut down Google Reader. I haven't looked back since.

hadareud

The Translator
I did that a while ago.

I haven't closed the account, but it's forwarding to my outlook account and I'm switching every account I have over one by one.

Obviously I still use their stuff like youtube etc., and why shouldn't I, but once I noticed how they abuse their status to treat WP users with pure contempt the time had come to switch. I don't care why they do it and how much they're fighting with MS, it's a joke. And the market-share excuse does not hold up. It's not that there are any nice massive multi-national corporations, but they are worse than most.

kharma45

BT0XKN1CUAArIgd.png

Nero3000

all joking aside, slo-mo video capture is a nice feature.

EDIT: No optical image stabilisation? I guess they need that "burst shot to choose the sharpest" feature

EDIT 2: lol the verge: "The iPhone is still the smartphone camera to beat, if these photos are representative."

f0lken

All in all 120fps for video on the iPhone is great, but come on The Verge: "The iPhone is still the smartphone camera to beat, if these photos are representative."

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The verge live blog: "The iPhone is still the smartphone camera to beat, if these photos are representative."

I'm about to punch my PC monitor.

Troll

Banned
That gold is tacky as fuck. Looking forward to trying out iOS 7 on my iPhone soon, really want to see if it's better. Will probably get that before GDR2 on the 920.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I'm already having my gmail auto-forwarded to my outlook,com just to get push notifications, but I'm actually reading and replying on gmail account.

Is there a way to switch over to using outlook.com directly, but via gmail so I can keep the email address? I.e people email my @gmail, it gets forwarded to outlook.com and if I reply it looks like it is coming from my gmail?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
When is the lumia 1520 expected (ah fuck, I'm Canadian so probably next fall)

I really want to drop iphone like... Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom