• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhead

Redarse
Was this posted yet? Pro Photography: Lumia 1020 vs Xperia Z1
tbreak.de said:
Last week we published a comparison of the cameras on the Nokia Lumia 1020 and Sony Xperia Z1 on AUTO mode. From the pictures we published, the Sony Xperia Z1 emerged as a better camera. While we think most users will use their phones in AUTO mode, what happens when you want to put some time and effort into your shots and switch to manual modes. That’s exactly what’s been done today. My name is Faisal Khatib and I am a professional photographer, and here are my thoughts on the Lumia 1020 and the Sony Xperia Z1 as far as using them as a camera are concerned...

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Oh man, the comments are glorious.

questionable…im sure….trolls…. how much they paid for you or some bunch of no fair in comparison..while i watch the photos some are questionable..i think you use a old xperia or you didnt use xperia z1 for comparison…i was so shame in your blog..i think you are a loyal nokia user…no doubt at all

No doubt.

No doubt.

Look like he echo your sentiment, and I have to agree even with just a day with this phone.

The Lumia 1020 has the best image quality I’ve seen out of any phone. The bigger sensor helps achieve immense amount detail along with best in class low light performance. With addition of manual controls, it allows you to be creative in ways that weren’t possible before with a phone camera.

Someone should make a thread.

hankster

Just after buying a nexus 4 after being with windows phone since the original windows phone 7 days when I bought the LG optimus 7 on release day.

Its just that the lack of a few essential apps has started to grate on me, and the lack of proper youtube and google music apps has pained me.

I hope to return to windows phone in a couple of years or so should the app store finally take off like I hope, and that the OS gets refined and with more features added.

Now to try out android for the first time.
ME too. Much I miss from my 920 (camera UI, people tile, ...). But I just can't take any more of the at&t / MS crap.

"Carriers can't block updates with WP8!"

"Enthusiast Program!"

Lies from the gelded phone maker.

App gap = app chasm. Amazon store app SO MUCH BETTER as an example.

I put my phone in CINEMODE for the first time ever and got a free medium coke. This thing is paying for itself already.

If Nexus 5 has a decent camera....

Nero3000

What!? I'm updating the wife's iPad 2 right now... and I wasn't even on iOS 6 before. It better not make it suck or she isn't going to be happy.

i was a bit hasty, after an hour and its done whatever it needed to do at startup - its much better, almost to the same level it was at.

one big feature is that iphone apps now display in their retina resolution now. Xbox music is useable.

Nero3000

Anadtech iOS7 review said:
I guess that's the ironic part – the flagship devices don't drop frames during the transitions, they just feel long. I can speak to iOS 7 performance which is good on the iPhone 4S and above and newest generation of iPads, performance however on the iPhone 4 and iPad 3 leaves a lot to be desired. The iPhone 4 stutters through all of its animations, has sparse use of transparency, and generally feels like it's on its last legs. The iPad 3 unfortunately is much of the same – sparse transparency, occasional stuttery parts throughout, although a lot more usable than the iPhone 4. I guess I'm just surprised to see the iPad 3 get to that point of feeling slow so fast.

My poor iPad 2. Considering each ipad variation gets its own image, I wouldn't be surprised if the iPad mini got optimisations that the iPad 2 didnt even though they are both A5 based.

But it means we can all look forward to iOS7.1:

ios4.1-500x332.jpg

apple-fall-2010_0064-11.jpg

My poor iPad 2. Considering each ipad variation gets its own image, I wouldn't be surprised if the iPad mini got optimisations that the iPad 2 didnt even though they are both A5 based.

But it means we can all look forward to iOS7.1:

Windows Phone still doesn't do HDR pictures and TV rentals.

iOS 4.1 > Windows Phone 8.

Was looking forward to checking out iOS7 as I thought it looked really nice. Updated my fathers iPad and I have to say, it kind of feels like the poor mans minimalist flat OS. It's a nice update to iOS though, which as we all know is as solid a mobile OS as you can get. But it's not as big an improvement as I thought it would. I'm speaking purely from a design and aesthetic point of view. I'm sure any updated functionality is top drawer.

Troll

Banned
Alright, so now the wife's 920 isn't turning on... hmm.

I tried to do a soft reset and it just vibrated - that's it. No other response from the poor thing. Any ideas on how to save it?

e: Do you guys think putting the sim card back in will help?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Alright, so now the wife's 920 isn't turning on... hmm.

I tried to do a soft reset and it just vibrated - that's it. No other response from the poor thing. Any ideas on how to save it?

Try a hard reset, it may be time for the nuclear option.

maeh2k

Microsoft and their business model are really threatened in every single area they are competing in. Android has won in mobile, ChromeOS is picking up and now Apple offers free iWorks and Google offers free Google Drive and free QuickOffice. By the time Microsoft releases Office on iOS and Android no one will care anymore.

hwalker84

So I was out the other day and hand my phone in my hand while I was paying. The lady is like:

Lady - "OMG is that that Nokia phone with the killer camera"
Me- "Yes"
Lady - "OMG I want that phone SOOO bad!!!"

I didn't even know how to react.

kehs

Banned
So I was out the other day and hand my phone in my hand while I was paying. The lady is like:

Me- "Yes"

You should have schedules a photo shoot.

derFeef

Me- "Yes"

Marry her. If you already are married or have a gf - I am single atm. ;)
Glad people know what's up.

Eanan

Me- "Yes"

Was she hot? Thats all that matters.

catmincer

Me- "Yes"

Was she hot? If so as above schedule a photo shoot ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom