• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Maybe. Seems Nokia is single handedly keeping WP relevant though. MS are not doing much.

Nokia is doing a good job of adding enhancements on top of the modern OS that Microsoft built. Nokia was unable to develop a modern OS themselves or attract even the meager amount of developer support that MS did.

MS are doing plenty, but they aren't talking about it right now. And I think we can all agree that they are moving too slowly.

Razdek

Banned
Nokia is doing a good job of adding enhancements on top of the modern OS that Microsoft built. Nokia was unable to develop a modern OS themselves or attract even the meager amount of developer support that MS did.

MS are doing plenty, but they aren't talking about it right now. And I think we can all agree that they are moving too slowly.

MS is doing a lot behind the scenes but they have that "you just wait, you'll see" mentality because they never openly communicate what they're doing. Why does everything have to be so secretive with them?

I have this lecturer who seems pretty taken by all things MS. Talks about them a lot and I'm fairly certain he's rocking a red 920. Anyway, it's strange when he uses examples and says things like "if you make and app for your Windows Phone". I don't think he realises nobody is making apps for their Windows Phones as nobody actually has a Windows Phone.

Heretic

MY WIFI AT WORKS IS AWESOME BUT I CANT USE IT BECAUSE I HAVE TO BYPASS THE SONICWALL. I CANT BYPASS THE SONIC WALL BECAUSE I NEED TO DISABLE THE POPUP BLOCKER AND I CANT DO THAT

THANKS, OBAMA

Ah, enjoying the update!

Bumped up saturation in Lumia Color Profile
Downloaded Nokia Pro and Smart Cam apps
Set Pro Cam to default
Download Glance Background and set photos
Set Glance screen to always on and double tap to wake up

Curious how Glance will affect my battery.

KageMaru

That glance beta is pretty cool.

I downloaded Password Manager, seems good. I just gave Password Padlock a go too. The two seem very similar.

I looked at those now and they do seem similar. I was talking about password organizer though, which was less convenient and less feature filled than password padlock.

prgVjz2.jpg

And......AT&T disabled data sense.

GAHHHHH
The premier partner is awesome like that. I am not sure what the reasoning is. I am thinking they don't like the fact that it was Verizon exclusive, want people to use their service, or they just want you to have it.

WP team should just make it part of the OS instead of parcel thing like this off to be carrier exclusive feature.

kharma45

Kyle, was it £60 that the Nokia boy in Derry quoted you for the screen repair?

My friend dropped her 820 and fucked the screen on it.

Kyle, was it £60 that the Nokia boy in Derry quoted you for the screen repair?

My friend dropped her 820 and fucked the screen on it.
Yeah. I explained that it was only the AMOLED and not the glass. So I assume that's why it was considerably cheaper than O2. For the £120 that O2 charged me they replaced the lot, glass and all. The saints...

kharma45

Yeah. I explained that it was only the AMOLED and not the glass. So I assume that's why it was considerably cheaper than O2. For the £120 that O2 charged me they replaced the lot, glass and all. The saints...

Aye it's just her panel that seems to be dead, glass is still intact. Phone turns on and vibrates etc., will ring but just no life in the AMOLED. Must let her know and save her from her Blackberry Curve, although this is her second 820 after she water damaged the first one. Might suggest a case.

How do I find the Glance Beta on my Windows Phone? Don't see it in the store?
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/glance-background/7c3378ff-2844-480b-b2e2-783537201b84

Try that.

Aye it's just her panel that seems to be dead, glass is still intact. Phone turns on and vibrates etc., will ring but just no life in the AMOLED. Must let her know and save her from her Blackberry Curve, although this is her second 820 after she water damaged the first one. Might suggest a case.
Mine was acting up big time when it cracked. Initially the only image I was getting was about a 5mm high block the full width of the screen -- which was how I was able to remove the pass code and such by checking my mums 620 menus. When I reset, the screen would display the entire O2 splash screen, albeit it was a bit dodgy. Over the period of 10 seconds it would gradually fade to nothing. The small line I mentioned before would appear off and on. Quite strange.

kharma45

Mine was acting up big time when it cracked. Initially the only image I was getting was about a 5mm high block the full width of the screen -- which was how I was able to remove the pass code and such by checking my mums 620 menus. When I reset, the screen would display the entire O2 splash screen, albeit it was a bit dodgy. Over the period of 10 seconds it would gradually fade to nothing. The small line I mentioned before would appear off and on. Quite strange.

Hers just went totally black and seems to have no power going to it at all. Must get it off her and drop it in to see what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom