• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG2G

I'll probably have to wait a while unfortunately :/ My MMS issues came back.

Anyone else have this problem? I have people send me two picture messages back to back and only the second comes through. Similar issues with group text :/ Goddamn $20 for unlimited texting and the damn thing doesn't even work. Oddly, in my testing (mostly iPhone folks on various carriers) it happens consistently on iPhones. Only got the chance to test one Android phone today and it went through fine lol.

Either way, probably won't do a thing until it is resolved.

NeOak

Only thing I don't like so far Is that the mobile GAF menu buttons are rectangles instead of squares.

Yes, I know its supposed to be like that, but it was more convenient before.

KageMaru

Turned on mobile accessibility to try it out and it was absolutely horrible. Everything I did just chugged and lagged. Even entering the code to unlock my phone was a chore. The app itself was just as sluggish. Never trying that again.

This Rudy guy is funny.

"6tag 1.6 was submitted wednesday, seems to be stuck & tired to wait, I cancel the submission and submit directly the 2.0 update"

He first had 1.7 and 1.8 separately planned and then merged them. Both of them were big updates apparently and 1.7 was big enough to be its own app, whatever that means.

I'll probably have to wait a while unfortunately :/ My MMS issues came back.

Anyone else have this problem? I have people send me two picture messages back to back and only the second comes through. Similar issues with group text :/ Goddamn $20 for unlimited texting and the damn thing doesn't even work. Oddly, in my testing (mostly iPhone folks on various carriers) it happens consistently on iPhones. Only got the chance to test one Android phone today and it went through fine lol.

Either way, probably won't do a thing until it is resolved.
Probably not the same issue you're facing, but a while back I was receiving MMS messages and 9 times out of 10 I couldn't actually see/download the image. Turned out my settings in Access Point were set to O2 Pay & Go instead of O2 Pay Monthly. Changed it and was able to get all my messages through.

It was strange, because I said above, the odd message did in fact work despite having the wrong setting. No ide what that was about.

Razdek

Banned
Having an weird issue with battery life on my 520. I have it set as the dark theme and in standby it loses about 7-10%/hour which sucks and I always have to charge it everyday. I tried changing the theme to white and now the standby time is way better as overnight it only lost 6% for 7 hours but drains faster if I use it. Why would this happen?

NeOak

Having an weird issue with battery life on my 520. I have it set as the dark theme and in standby it loses about 7-10%/hour which sucks and I always have to charge it everyday. I tried changing the theme to white and now the standby time is way better as overnight it only lost 6% for 7 hours but drains faster if I use it. Why would this happen?

Email settings to push? Location services?

Razdek

Banned
Email settings to push? Location services?

I never changed any settings except for the themes and i'm getting better standby time just by changing it to white. Oh well, going to keep it on this setting for a few days to see how long it will last on standby.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
IT BEGINS!!!

Rovio has actually been pretty good to WP for a little while now. Need other Devs to follow. Where is ma board games.

One thing that bugs me about playing mobile games is hat since I had to send in my 920 I lost my progress in almost all my games. I hate that

this_guy

Anyone using the Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T Gophone? I just ported my number from Metropcs but I can't get mms/picture messaging to work. I tried apn settings that I found online, and the built in Access Point in settings doesn't seem to work either. Called AT&T tech support and they said there was a very specific process to get mms to work, that I was supposed to download an app called Network Setup in the marketplace and it would automatically download the correct settings but that app doesn't seem to exist. I googled it but only see it available for Windows 7 Nokia phones.

freshair

Anyone using the Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T Gophone? I just ported my number from Metropcs but I can't get mms/picture messaging to work. I tried apn settings that I found online, and the built in Access Point in settings doesn't seem to work either. Called AT&T tech support and they said there was a very specific process to get mms to work, that I was supposed to download an app called Network Setup in the marketplace and it would automatically download the correct settings but that app doesn't seem to exist. I googled it but only see it available for Windows 7 Nokia phones.

Maybe they mean Access Points by Nokia?
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/access-point/ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d

Rovio has actually been pretty good to WP for a little while now. Need other Devs to follow. Where is ma board games.

One thing that bugs me about playing mobile games is hat since I had to send in my 920 I lost my progress in almost all my games. I hate that
Feels like Rovio is pumping out games right and left lately. Didn't they just release a second star wars angry birds?

Feels like update 3 has made the OS considerably snappier though. Anyone else think that? One thing that's odd is when you scroll through the multitasking the X's like flash up for each app. It looks really weird. (Probably didn't describe that well)

this_guy

I have to be honest as I am underwhelmed by gdr3. I thought it would have more changes.

Especially this...drives me insane.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...-control-ringtone-and-media-volume-separately

I am not sure what you were expecting ... it's another minor update and bug fix. However, I thought that independent volume controls was suppose to be in GDR3, I guess they ran out of time and push that to 8.1. Main reason for GDR3 was for 1080p and expand chip support for the next Lumia phones.

hadareud

The Translator
87fcJAh.jpg

yay

Fox Mulder

Feels like Rovio is pumping out games right and left lately. Didn't they just release a second star wars angry birds?

Rovio makes very slick looking games with tons of content and they're cheap. I like the bad piggies game, wish they would bring that too.

A good kart game is always welcome with the genre being slim on mobile. iOS only really has one or two amazing ones, and the Sonic kart game isn't on WP.

hadareud

The Translator
Yep, all ordered, both in yellow.

When I bought my Surface I received second touch cover by mistake.

I sold it on ebay last week and it paid for both the camera grip and the charging shell :)

Wow, got a positive response regarding my little campaign to get websites html5 compliant.

Thanks for your feedback! I particularly appreciate your pointing us to a technical resource on fixing the issue. I’ll see when I can get this into our development roadmap – you’re right, it’s important for us to support all users.

Best,

Wade
was worried I'd get responses like "once IE Mobile reaches some market share we'll think about it" or "just go iOS or Android."

Magni

I've been studying in Chile since July, and despite me knowing how WP was much popular in Latin America than in the northern hemisphere, it's been quite a shock seeing it first hand. Lumias everywhere, quite a change from my time in France and especially from NYC (didn't see a single WP outside of stores for my eight months there :().

Last weekend I was at a hackathon in Santiago, there were four mobile apps, two Android apps, one WP app, and one iOS app (and that one was mine since I really could use some Objective-C experience for my resume). The same hackathon in NY or SF is probably 20 iOS apps to 5 Android apps to 1 WP app (and that's being nice). This weekend I had another hackathon, and MS was there to support W8/WP8 development with prizes and stuff.

And then this morning in my software development course the lecture was on developing for WM/WP (the demonstration was on WM6 since our professor had accidentally uninstalled .NET 4.0 :lol). We'd done Android the previous week, so naturally I guessed we'd be doing iOS next week, but nope: "you're all set with knowing these two, there's some other smaller platforms like iPhone and Palm but with Android and Windows [Phone] you're covering most of the market."

I just wish Topolsky was in that class with me :lol

I've been studying in Chile since July, and despite me knowing how WP was much popular in Latin America than in the northern hemisphere, it's been quite a shock seeing it first hand. Lumias everywhere, quite a change from my time in France and especially from NYC (didn't see a single WP outside of stores for my eight months there :().

Last weekend I was at a hackathon in Santiago, there were four mobile apps, two Android apps, one WP app, and one iOS app (and that one was mine since I really could use some Objective-C experience for my resume). The same hackathon in NY or SF is probably 20 iOS apps to 5 Android apps to 1 WP app (and that's being nice). This weekend I had another hackathon, and MS was there to support W8/WP8 development with prizes and stuff.

And then this morning in my software development course the lecture was on developing for WM/WP (the demonstration was on WM6 since our professor had accidentally uninstalled .NET 4.0 :lol). We'd done Android the previous week, so naturally I guessed we'd be doing iOS next week, but nope: "you're all set with knowing these two, there's some other smaller platforms like iPhone and Palm but with Android and Windows [Phone] you're covering most of the market."

I just wish Topolsky was in that class with me :lol
wow, there is hope. if only China would get on board.

hadareud

The Translator
I know it's unnatural, but you got to love how colours pop on a good oled screen. Not ideal for pictures, but there you go.

Also, the black levels are just brilliant. Makes the new twitter app even better.

The camera is amazing. Really amazing.

Milchjon

I'm asking in here because anywhere else it will probably devolve even more quickly, but when was the last time iOS got something really cool before Android? Recently it feels like ever more developers manage to put cool AND pretty stuff on Android. I'm asking because one of the few remaining arguments pro-iOS seems to be "yeah, but developers and apps".

(This post was inspired by Aviate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom