• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

I was crazy enough to put the update on my 1020. Just closed my first app with the new "x" button in the multitasking screen, feels good man.

Excellent! Finally custom ringtones!

I have only been waiting 3 years!

“The work we are doing is valuable, and a lot of people aren’t aware of it,” Belfiore said in an interview.

3eUz5Fg.png

joshschw

I can not believe that the visual voicemail volume 'bug' is still there.

To those unaware... it uses your phone default volume setting (xx/30) but outputs it through the ear speaker.... So you can't hear anything unless you jack it up to 30, which of course raises your phone volume to 30...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Crazy the battery life you can get when you don't use it, :lol

I have been waiting to take in my 920 in and it has been just sitting there and the battery life is crazy when you don't have anything running in the background, etc. Only 5% drop in 1 day 20 hours. Estimated time remaining 34 days.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wait I spoke too soon! How the hell do I set a custom tone?! It says this on the blog:

• More useful ringtones: With Update 3, you can use custom ringtones for more things—including instant messages, emails, voicemails, and reminders. You can also assign custom ringtones to contacts for text messages, so you'll know who's texting you without even looking.

But I cannot find anyway to do it!

zedge

NM, clicked the link below and to took me to the correct local I guess, downloaded now. Weird.

Phone update now downloading.

joshschw

Wait I spoke too soon! How the hell do I set a custom tone?! It says this on the blog:

• More useful ringtones: With Update 3, you can use custom ringtones for more things—including instant messages, emails, voicemails, and reminders. You can also assign custom ringtones to contacts for text messages, so you'll know who's texting you without even looking.

But I cannot find anyway to do it!

Edit the contact and both those things are options in that menu.

Nokia is pushing hard for business customers but many want a blackberry-like notification light. Glance screen notification aren't the same as that colored led.

Right, up and running.

Having the x there might actually entice me not to instantly close all my apps after using them.

you should only really need to do it on apps that use location. I imagine those are the main battery-life killers

EDIT: This is my favorite

Connect to Wi-Fi in OOBE when switching on your new phone for the first time or after you your reset your phone, so you can restore your data even before connecting to a cellular network.

hadareud

The Translator
you should only really need to do it on apps that use location. I imagine those are the main battery-life killers

Yeah, the main reason why I closed them so far was that closing multiple apps was a pain in the arse with the back button.

Now that that problem is solved I will try and change my habits.

Razdek

Banned
Does this mean the upcoming business stuff like VPN is going to be pushed out like this as well? Finally, a progress bar on the spinning gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom