• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero3000

iVerge strikes again:

Vaio Tap 11 Review said:
The worst offender is desktop mode, where icons and buttons are way too small to accurately tap with a finger, and even the pen gave me issues when I tried to select things like task-tray items. Websites were also small and hard to read, like The Verge, which was relegated to a narrow column in the center of the screen with plenty of empty white space on either side. This can be easily solved by adjusting the screen resolution (in the Control Panel under Appearance) but that defeats the entire point of the 1080p screen because everything looks slightly blurry. You’re left choosing between the lesser of two evils, which for me was keeping the higher resolution and relying heavily on the mouse and pen instead of touch.

I struggling to believe that any of them are competent.

I feel like I'm talking to myself in here, but:

Rayman Jungle Run is a Red Stripe Deal right now.

Star Wars Tiny Death Star is a Tiny Tower clone. Looks nice and is free, but I assume there'll be some in app purchases.

Edit: Here's a launch trailer.

Clone sounds so harsh, when it rather looks like a skinned Tiny Tower from the original devs. And now that the game is on Windows Phone, I can probably kiss my job, my GF and the rest of my life goodbye.

Milchjon

Clone sounds so harsh, when it rather looks like a skinned Tiny Tower from the original devs. And now that the game is on Windows Phone, I can probably kiss my job, my GF and the rest of my life goodbye.

The description even says its a collaboration with the devs of tiny tower lol

Pshhhh, reading is overrated.

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but I really like the game so far.

What's the monetization model? Buying in game money?

Milchjon

I thought there was a way to pay to remove ads from 6tag?

I can't seem to find the option.

I've decided to do the dumb thing and pay for a few "free" apps for a cleaner experience.

MCD

I need OS news...leaks...whatever.

WP been packing some pretty good news lately but I only care about the next big thing.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I picked up Rayman Jungle Run, Nun Attack and Star Wars Tiny Death. I already had Rayman for Windows 8 so I knew what to expect but it looks beautiful on the 1020. Nun Attack has a great art style and music and seems fun but it's a bit buggy. The dialogue overlays weren't appearing unless I backed out of the app and back in. Star Wars Tiny Death is ridiculously addictive. I had to force myself to put it down. I do think it's good news that it released the same day as the iOS and Android versions. Hopefully WP is starting to get big enough to become hard to ignore for developers.

Milchjon

I do the same, I hate ads.

I think you just have to click on the x on an add and then you can pay for it.

Ah, right. Thanks!

Now if only I could pay Evilore 99 Cents to stop these fucking jockstrap ads from appearing.

Edit: Tiny Death Star and Jungle Run are both beautiful and a lot of fun.

The soundtrack of SWTDS (sorry) will be stuck in my head now.

MCD

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

freshair

A new video player app is set to be released tomorrow.

49000d1383802436t-web-wp.png

49001d1383802574t-1-sd-card.png
49002d1383802603t-3-play-video.png

If you enjoy watching videos on your Windows Phone, but can't stand the hassle and time to “trans-code” videos, MoliPlayer Pro is the right app for you. MoliPlayer Pro works around yet another Windows Phone limitation and basically plays “anything you throw at it”, RMVB, AVI, MKV, FLV, FLAC, APE... you name it.

MoliPlayer Pro's powerful file management tool makes it possible to do "LOCAL" playback on WP8 phones. You can choose to upload videos or music to the INTERNAL STORAGE or SD CARD of your phone at high speed. Or you can transfer files from your PC to your mobile device with your favorite browser in WiFi mode. Right, no USB cable necessary.

Fully optimized for the dual/quad-core Cortex A9 CPU and the powerful WP8 rendering engine, MoliPlayer Pro is capable of playing high-definition, up-to 1280p RMVB, and even 1080p MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV videos smoothly, ideal WP8 devices with large screens. It saves up to 30% power on selected formats to help your WP8 device’s battery last longer.

Key features:
1. Plays almost all VIDEO formats: avi, mkv, mp4, h.264, rmvb, wmv, flv, ts, m2ts, and vob. etc.
2. Plays almost all MUSIC formats: aac, mp3, ape, flac, and ogg etc.
3. Displays almost all SUBTITLES: embedded or seperate: srt, ssa, and *.ass etc.
4. MANAGES videos in folders
5. Easy wireless video transfer from your PC browser in WiFi network.
6. FAST upload from PC to the camera roll of the internal storage and/or SD card.
7. Easy GESTURE control, swiping for volume, brightness.

Supported file & video formats:
AIFF, AMR, AMV, ASF, AU, AVC, AVI, AVS Video, BDAV,CDXA/MPEG-PS, DV, FLAC, Flash Video, GXF, IVF, k3g1, kddi, LXF, Matroska, MIDI, MLP, mobi, Monkey's Audio, MPEG Audio, MPEG Video, MPEG-4, MPEG-PS, MPEG-TS, mqt, Musepack SV7, Musepack SV8, MXF, OGG, QuickTime, RealMedia, Shorten, SKM, TTA, TwinVQ, VC-1, Wave, Wave64, WavPack, WebM, WMV

Subtitles format:
SubRip(*.srt),SSA/ASS(*.ssa,*.ass)

$3.99 regular pricing, $2.99 limited promo.

Remind me why I kickstarted VLC again?

Because it's a great project that has been going for years, offering tons of features and possibilities for free and they wanted to bring that experience you got to know and love to your platform of choice. But that wasn't possible without some form of funding. That's why you kickstarted VLC.

MCD

Because it's a great project that has been going for years, offering tons of features and possibilities for free and they wanted to bring that experience you got to know and love to your platform of choice. But that wasn't possible without some form of funding. That's why you kickstarted VLC.

Thanks.

Milchjon

What's the best way of taking a picture quickly, if you have a pincode on your lockscreen? Not possible on WP?

Use the standard cam (settings->photos+camera->"pressing the camera button opens") and it'll bypass the pin code when you long press the camera button. Probably the quickest camera access on any OS, I assume.

I hope they'll allow the Nokia Camera to do the same when the next update hits.

Paganmoon

Use the standard cam (settings->photos+camera->"pressing the camera button opens") and it'll bypass the pin code when you long press the camera button. Probably the quickest camera access on any OS, I assume.

I hope they'll allow the Nokia Camera to do the same when the next update hits.

Sweet, thanks!

I'm not even sure if it's "good", but it's damn addictive.

Edit: Since you're an expert, what exactly is the purpose of the level mover? I guess I can use it to move levels, but why should I?

You can use it to sort your stores and apartments. For example, you don't want to have your apartments on the higher levels, because it takes longer to move the bitizens with the elevator all the way up, so you place the apartments on the lower levels. Once your tower becomes taller, it gets confusing where exactly your stores are. With the level mover you can group all the food, recreation, service and retail stores together. It's a bit of an OCD thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom