• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippedb

Banned
Ok, already installed. UI looks pretty nice. Vines play fast, but it stutters a little.

Edit: I'm definitely keeping this. Sorry Rudy, but making vines on 6sec is pretty nasty.

flippedb

Banned
I think I'm dumping 6sec because Rudy doesn't seem to give a shit about the app anymore. 6tag is getting weekly updates, that add interesting features and/or UI changes, but 6sec hasn't received an important update in a while now. I asked Rudy if adding the ghost option to 6sec was possible, and he answered it was planned, just not now.

I just hope Vine adds Time Travel and Sessions to their client.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Vine is awful. Stutter city. I don't use that service anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Once the app is more stable, I'll look into maybe trying my hand at making a few vines.

flippedb

Banned
I'm sure it'll get better. The shooting interface is already miles better. With 6sec I felt I couldn't use brief taps to record frames, with this Vine app, I can tap like crazy and still record those frames.

Eanan

First impression of Vine on Windows Phone: so slow. Why is the app so slow?

If you mean by loading videos, then its the same with the Android official app for me also on my Nexus 4, so it must be something to do with poor coding/ videos always loading in HD.

Milchjon

I'm actually enjoying Smartglass even in its current form.

Is there a list of games supporting it?

Edit: Oh, found one. Oh well, haha.

hadareud

The Translator
Am on holiday in Cancun. The 1020 is so much better than my point and shoot, it's not even funny.

¡y zoom reinvatado!

*this post was brought to you by Van Mardigan.

MCD

WP is the only division with no big launch this year, other than silly GDRs and big Nokia phones that no one wants.

Milchjon

I'm surprised that only the most boring (alleged!) facts about things going on have leaked.

z7MXquh.gif

kharma45

My phone has stopped telling me when there are app updates available for whatever reason, tile hasn't changed in days.

Also Flixter supports Ultraviolet now which I guess is good.

MCD

My phone has stopped telling me when there are app updates available for whatever reason, tile hasn't changed in days.

Also Flixter supports Ultraviolet now which I guess is good.

My phone did that for weeks but it magically fixed itself one day. Fun times!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I hate that you are so limited with digital copies that come with Blu-Rays. I don't want to use iTunes and Ultraviolet isn't in Canada I think.

I'm surprised that only the most boring (alleged!) facts about things going on have leaked.

Please leak us some real juicy info than, we promise to keep it only in this thread.

Anyway, glad they really do away with that moral killing, inter-department fighting method of running their company. I understand only want to keep the best but when it use as your only metric to rate performance then something is going to go badly. Did I read correctly that Yahoo just adopt this awesome way of running company?

dLMN8R

Please leak us some real juicy info than, we promise to keep it only in this thread.

Anyway, glad they really do away with that moral killing, inter-department fighting method of running their company. I understand only want to keep the best but when it use as your only metric to rate performance then something is going to go badly. Did I read correctly that Yahoo just adopt this awesome way of running company?

The review model was exaggerated like crazy. It certainly wasn't perfect, but it was basically the same thing that Google, Facebook, Amazon, and now Yahoo all use too.

The effects are more coincidental than direct. It's not like people actually fight with each other, at least not at the individual level. I've never seen anything but either direct support or honest criticism for your peers during review time.

Now that Microsoft got rid of it, hopefully everyone else does too. All it takes is a poorly-researched Vanity Fair article I guess?

The review model was exaggerated like crazy. It certainly wasn't perfect, but it was basically the same thing that Google, Facebook, Amazon, and now Yahoo all use too.

The effects are more coincidental than direct. It's not like people actually fight with each other, at least not at the individual level. I've never seen anything but either direct support or honest criticism for your peers during review time.

Now that Microsoft got rid of it, hopefully everyone else does too. All it takes is a poorly-researched Vanity Fair article I guess?

I was deathly afraid of the review system at first. Then I went through it and was pleasantly surprised. Criticism was honest and expected, praise/support was surprisingly refreshing to hear. Maybe there are some really competitive groups though that ruin the whole systems (I have heard of one from a coworker who is happy to be with my team now).

And sorry guys, but I'm really pleased there have been no leaks. Makes me hope everyone sees everything in its final-ish state all together! Features always make more sense that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom