• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjolle

Skype runs on the Messenger back end and uses live accounts for login so I wouldn't expect the change to affect us at all. They haven't said anything officially though.

As a user of both MSN and Skype metro clients along with WML2012 and whatever is the newest version of Sky for the desktop and not having any luck getting any of them to work satisfactory with a live account I'm having my doubts that a mobile client that is over a year old is gonna work at all.

thundr51

Even if your headset is old, if your headsets uses one of the generic profiles for headset use, you will be fine. It's a standard for a reason.

You won't be able to play music without A2DP though

Thanks but not trying to play music or anything just a plain Jabra ear piece that I used with my WP7 device. I link it to my phone, tap the profile, it says its connected. Few seconds later its disconnected. Yesterday I managed to get it connected but as soon as I tried to use it my phone was unresponsive! I had to reboot it! Has anyone had that happen before? (using 8x)

Thanks but not trying to play music or anything just a plain Jabra ear piece that I used with my WP7 device. I link it to my phone, tap the profile, it says its connected. Few seconds later its disconnected. Yesterday I managed to get it connected but as soon as I tried to use it my phone was unresponsive! I had to reboot it! Has anyone had that happen before? (using 8x)

Does it work with other phones, including Windows Phones? If so, do you have other headsets?

Have you recharged it? Does its battery need replacement?

If it works with other phones, and the other headsets fail with the 8X, it's your phone.
If it works with other phones, and the other headsets works with the 8X, it's the headset.
If it doesn't work with anything else, it's definitely the headset.

thundr51

Does it work with other phones, including Windows Phones? If so, do you have other headsets?

Have you recharged it? Does its battery need replacement?

If it works with other phones, and the other headsets fail with the 8X, it's your phone.
If it works with other phones, and the other headsets works with the 8X, it's the headset.
If it doesn't work with anything else, it's definitely the headset.

I need to retest it but I used to use it with my HD7. It was fully charged last time I tried it so no worries there. I'll try it with my old galaxy4g and let you know.

Update: Linked it the my galaxy worked fine. Tried again with my 8x- magically working now...

Well, I just added some anime to my phone and now I miss Zune even more. I miss being able to set things as part of a series, then being able to filter by shows in that series. I miss being able to assign episode numbers to each individual thing so that once they synced they would stay in order on the device regardless of name.

*sigh*

Well, I just added some anime to my phone and now I miss Zune even more. I miss being able to set things as part of a series, then being able to filter by shows in that series. I miss being able to assign episode numbers to each individual thing so that once they synced they would stay in order on the device regardless of name.

*sigh*

Wait, you can do that?!

Wait, you can do that?!
Using Zune you can. If you have a bunch of shows you can group them together by: Selecting Them>Edit>Set Category to TV Series>Give them the name of the Series. Then you: Switch to the TV Tab>Right click the episodes in the group individually and give them an episode number. Now once you sync to your Zune Device or WP7 device, you should be able to sort the shows via the series grouping.

It's definitely my favorite feature in Zune as I have all my Anime and TV Shows sorted into series and numbered. Unfortunately though, since WP8 doesn't use the Zune Client I can't sync those over.

-----------------------------------------------------------
On the bright side though, the video looks beautiful on my Lumia 920... much better than on my computer, I didn't even have to do any converting and it re-sized automatically.

On the bright side though, the video looks beautiful on my Lumia 920... much better than on my computer, I didn't even have to do any converting and it re-sized automatically.

The hardware and codec support in the WP8s are going to be much better :3 They now can handle almost everything but files in the MKV container.

PG2G

Snes8x got ported to Windows Phone 8, in the store now. For those that don't know, it is a port of the SNES emu Snes9x for WinRT

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.wpcentral.com/weeks-no-new-xbox-windows-phone-games

Sometimes, it's really hard to keep supporting MS.

I don't play a lot of games on my phone, but it is still annoying. Not sure what MS is thinking sometimes. At least Skulls of the Shogun will be out soon. I did see on my Games Hub today a video for the 12 gameloft games, so those are still coming I guess.

Edit: Also Where's My Water and Where is Perry are supposed to be free on WP8 tomorrow.

MCD

They should make Xbox Live features on mobile or Win8 free for devs. That way we don't have to wait for MS to fund all the games available on every platform out there.

I was actually happy, very happy with WP7 games apart from the OS minor annoyances. But to drop it like this because lol they can't be bothered to port games is just baffling.

Another reason why Joe Belfiore isn't the man we need for WP. All he cares about is his hair and KIDS CORNER.

MCD

Exactly why I jumped back to iOS. Xbox live has gotten to be a joke.

Makes you wonder what will they do in Windows 8 which is also a barren wasteland.

Something is going on at MS but whatever it is, dropping Xbox support from both platforms is not the right way of doing things.

SeanR1221

Makes you wonder what will they do in Windows 8 which is also a barren wasteland.

Something is going on at MS but whatever it is, dropping Xbox support from both platforms is not the right way of doing things.

I think they're just not willing to invest when the Xbox itself is a sure bet.

jagowar

I don't want to go back to Android :(

Agreed.... although I am on android currently and am going back to wp8 as soon as sprint gets them but I am getting to the point where my phone will only be a tethering device for my tablet/pc's.

I've said this before but xbox could be their selling point and ms is completely screwing it up. Hopefully the next xbox does this properly and wp8/w8/xbox are all unified under the same core os.

MCD

Can I get a summery?

Not really a summary of that article but the situation is this:

- WP8 released
- over 20 games got delisted from the WP8 store because they were incompatible
- some more games getting dropped while 1 or 2 got back to the store
- no new Xbox game for the 4th week in a row (WP7 had at least one game per week IIRC)
- did I mention MS porting Wordament with Xbox Live cheevos? They sure love developing for other mobile OSs
- insert doom and gloom from various websites
- MS silence regarding this is typical MS

Lucifon

I think they're just not willing to invest when the Xbox itself is a sure bet.

I think the larger likelihood is their approach to the next xbox. I suspect you'll see support for developers to port very easily with Nextbox xbla titles over to W8 which in turn is easy to port to WP8. Microsoft seem to really have a focus on linking the whole ecosystem together and the rumours of the Nextbox being built upon W8 seem very likely.

Doom and gloom 3 months into an OS' existence needs to stop. These things take time and investment.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
MS has been tweeting about their Play strategy for bringing Xbox games to Windows 8 and RT. What about their strategy for WP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom