• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
4imhv.png

jagowar

And neither of them will be Nokias unfortunately

Exactly... only samsung and htc are known currently (and still don't even know which devices are coming). Hopefully if this rumor is true nokia will be putting cdma hardware into their devices which would make a sprint lumia more likely. I really want a 920 for that camera but my carrier is more important than any phone (ting which is sprint by proxy).

NeOak

Exactly... only samsung and htc are known currently (and still don't even know which devices are coming). Hopefully if this rumor is true nokia will be putting cdma hardware into their devices which would make a sprint lumia more likely. I really want a 920 for that camera but my carrier is more important than any phone (ting which is sprint by proxy).

They are already CDMA capable, they just need to be enabled and the corresponding antennas used.

kharma45

Think this is referring to a new Lumia or the 920? I'm in the UK so the Verizon part doesn't bother me but the thought of a new one hitting soon makes me slightly concerned with my planned Sunday contract upgrade purchase!

I'd imagine the 920, or a variant of it. I can't see Nokia bringing out a new phone to succeed the 920 until the autumn at earliest.

H13

Hi,just bought a windows 8 phone,want to ask, does embed YouTube enabled in internet explorer?,cause I checking a thread on neogaf and the YouTube link is just showing nothing but blank white pages . Using Lumia 920 btw,and mobile website

kharma45

Hi,just bought a windows 8 phone,want to ask, does embed YouTube enabled in internet explorer?,cause I checking a thread on neogaf and the YouTube link is just showing nothing but blank white pages . Using Lumia 920 btw,and mobile website

Is this what you're seeing?

If so just click on the link below the white box and it'll re-direct to mobile YouTube, where for me at least it plays fine.

H13

Yeah, I guess that's one way, thanks anyway for replying
I wonder if chrome will be release,to this phone..

kharma45

Yeah, I guess that's one way, thanks anyway for replying
I wonder if chrome will be release,to this phone..

It's one extra click unfortunately as it takes you through to the actual mobile site but it's never really bothered me all that much.

H13

I got a little quirks such as no forward or return Button,hmm maybe its just me,btw UC browser which at the app store works great for an alternative browser.

kharma45

I got a little quirks such as no forward or return Button,hmm maybe its just me,btw UC browser which at the app store works great for an alternative browser.

Return button just use the back button, as for the forward button easiest thing to do is to use the overflow menu and use the 'recent' option.

H13

Return button just use the back button, as for the forward button easiest thing to do is to use the overflow menu and use the 'recent' option.

hmm okay then :)
the 'loading youtube page' make the interface not so great.
why the OS just make the youtube link become a link,and not a page?

MCD

I had to try and recover stuff from a Windows Phone 7 last week. Sucked. So it could be worse.

Still bad.

Anyway, anyone feel like kickstarting this for WP8 then please donate to the devs:

http://wmpoweruser.com/kickstarter-for-rpg-needs-only-720-for-a-windows-phone-version/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/projectbc/vacant-sky-awakening-a-pre-apocalyptic-rpg

Stretch Goal #1: $9,000 (DONE!)

+Mac support
+iPhone support
+iPad support
+Tidebreaker DLC: A quest starring Sarian, connecting episode 1 to episode 2, which will be free to backers who pledge $10 or more.

Stretch Goal #2: $10,000

+Linux support
+Windows Phone support
+Windows RT support
+Animation: Certain key cutscenes will be upgraded to include limited animation

Not familiar with kickstarters other than that VLC project but this sounds cool and legit.

Troll

Banned
I have been trying to use the gs3 more but I just hate it. #1 I associate it with work and #2 it fucking sucks. I have come so close to breaking it... It's so lucky I didn't pay for it.

That's the only thing you noticed ? :(

By the way, I think I might be lucky again. The Lumia 920 I ordered got cancelled by the retailer because it was an error.. but I got a 150 euro coupon from them. Now I've found yet another 'deal'. Vodafone is selling the Lumia 820 on contract for 11 euro's a month/ free Lumia 820. Total cost of contract: 187 euros lol. Ordered 3.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
That's the only thing you noticed ? :(

Did I miss anything else?

Also gotta agree with the props for next Gen reader in the previous page. Best Google Reader client I've ever used.

Also, I'm trying to figure out which of the fitness bands have a decent third party app available. Anyone her use fitbit? That's the one I think opens up their API.

frontieruk

Did I miss anything else?

Also gotta agree with the props for next Gen reader in the previous page. Best Google Reader client I've ever used.

Also, I'm trying to figure out which of the fitness bands have a decent third party app available. Anyone her use fitbit? That's the one I think opens up their API.

Fitbit is supported by runtastic endomondo and a few more, just not on wp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom