• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does BB have over Windows Phone?

The keyboard is gone.

They keyboard isn't going anywhere.

5Rvea.jpg

RIM wants to release 6 BB10 devices this year and Sprint already announced that they'd carry some.

jgkspsx

Speaking as a web developer who had to support BB, their documentation was full of lies. It would take a lot to convince me to work with them.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Canada carriers will be pushing them pretty hard.

I think there is a negative vibe attached to BB, which is opposed to no vibe with WP :p

Ragus

Banned
Microsoft has just released a fix for Windows Phone synching app for OSX. It is supposed to fix random crashes - and trust me, they were annoying as hell.

PG2G

BB10 will probably be better off than WP app wise due to the ease of "porting" from Android apps. I believe the porting process is 100% automated, high means apps like instagram are likely to make their way there before they come to WP.

BB10 will probably be better off than WP app wise due to the ease of "porting" from Android apps. I believe the porting process is 100% automated, high means apps like instagram are likely to make their way there before they come to WP.

Last to come aboard, first to get the apps.

let the salt commence.

and can the playbook use instagram?

MarkusRJR

Please tell me the Nokia Lumia 620 is coming out soon...

Since my Lumia 610 died I'm stuck using a dumb phone again. I tried to get another 610 but my carrier stopped carrying them. I then tried to get the Nexus 4 but well, we all know how this ends. I'm literally going to kill someone if I have to deal with this slow dumb phone another week. I'm thinking about purchasing a BB10 device on launch (I have been a BB fan since as long as I can remember but they've been sucking lately) or getting the Lumia 620.

Are there any good (affordable) WP8 devices available now? They sell the HTC 8S on Virgin Mobile Canada but I'm not sure how to unlock it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Please tell me the Nokia Lumia 620 is coming out soon...

Since my Lumia 610 died I'm stuck using a dumb phone again. I tried to get another 610 but my carrier stopped carrying them. I then tried to get the Nexus 4 but well, we all know how this ends. I'm literally going to kill someone if I have to deal with this slow dumb phone another week. I'm thinking about purchasing a BB10 device on launch (I have been a BB fan since as long as I can remember but they've been sucking lately) or getting the Lumia 620.

Are there any good (affordable) WP8 devices available now? They sell the HTC 8S on Virgin Mobile Canada but I'm not sure how to unlock it.

Who is your carrier?

25% idle battery drain after ten hours with four background tasks, Outlook.com and Google syncing emails, calendar and contacts at push, and two IMAP accounts at every 15 minutes, and Find My Phone options all enabled, as well as Facebook chat being set to online.

Does this sound normal for a Lumia 900?

NeOak

25% idle battery drain after ten hours with four background tasks, Outlook.com and Google syncing emails, calendar and contacts at push, and two IMAP accounts at every 15 minutes, and Find My Phone options all enabled, as well as Facebook chat being set to online.

Does this sound normal for a Lumia 900?

With push enabled? yeah.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Dammit, I finally got to try a working 920. I love that phone, but they only have it black here. I don't know what to do! If I could get it in any other colour I'd have it by now. :(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, I finally got to try a working 920. I love that phone, but they only have it black here. I don't know what to do! If I could get it in any other colour I'd have it by now. :(

I have accepted that you go only get black. Love the phone, hate Rogers. Still looks good though.

kehs

Banned

TTOOLL

Am I the only one getting late notifications on whattsapp? it's taking too long for the servers to deliver my messages :/

NeOak

Anyone has any info on that at&t offer that wpcentral is talking about? My younger brother wants a 920 to replace his iPhone 4 and my dad might jump too to replace his N8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom