• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
What windows phone is going to be released on Telus. Only one available is the ativ, but I don't really like its look

Hopefully some more will get announced soon. Surprised that the Lumia 810 or the HTC 8X never came to Telus.

Edit: Apparently Koodo is going to release a WP8 device soon. Probably the 8S or 810 I imagine.

MCD

I love reading "added WP8 support" in apps changelog. Wish all apps get updated because everything is fluid and fast in WP8.

Nokia Loves Us and we Love Nokia. Hopefully they succeed in surviving, and if not get bought up by MS so they can continue making awesome stuff.

I hope they don't get bought by Microsoft ...

Reading on Windows Phone Central about Xbox games for Windows Phone it is just plain depressing. I am sure all the internal fighting they are gearing all the Xbox Games for Xbox Surface, Xbox Loop and 720. And in Microsoft fashion none of the games will be compatible with their own existing platform. If the games for Xbox Surface is not compatible with Windows 8 and Xbox Next, I am out of Microsoft eco system.

MarkusRJR

Oh man Koodo (my carrier) is getting a WP8 device. I was thinking of purchasing an unlocked device but fuck that. Koodo always sells its devices really cheap.

Anyone have any idea what they'll be getting? I hope it's the Lumia 620.

Also, I probably asked that before but there's PayPal support for purchasing apps off the WP8 app store right?

Lucifon

sounds like an Xbox live relaunch on all mobile/tablet platforms.

I think that's pretty likely. Expect to see some big changes for xbox live with the new console which will no doubt all hook in to W8 and WP8. Microsoft seem focused on pushing the '8' ecosystem as a whole.

I must be doing too much portrait web browsing, given that there is now a patch of lighter-than-the-rest at the portrait address bar area when I'm browsing in landscape. AMOLED burn-in?

Hey, at least that demonstrates how good the browser is, even with just IE9.

hwalker84

Throw the windows buttons on it and I'll take it

http://gizmodo.com/5976688/is-this-htcs-new-flagship-phone

original.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
As a Lumia 920 owner, I wish these were timed exclusives. Having segregation in the Windows Store is not a good thing.

Yeah that would be nice, but at least Nokia is bring their game. Also the game is pretty fun, much better than the vanilla Flight Control.

cametall

Is there an app solution for Google Messenger on WP8? Does Gmail display properly in IE10?

I want to try out WP8 but Google's commitment to shitting on MSFT sorta sours me from moving to WP from Android.

Is there an app solution for Google Messenger on WP8? Does Gmail display properly in IE10?

I want to try out WP8 but Google's commitment to shitting on MSFT sorta sours me from moving to WP from Android.

Is it Google Talk? There should be something called MetroTalk in the marketplace.

Use the built-in client for Gmail. Better do so before the end of the month, as EAS's going to get its plug pulled for consumers.

derFeef

I use NextGen for W8 also but the mobile version is now so much better.
However, I would love to have an option that if I want to read an article it opens it in my mobilizer of choice in the first place, and not that I have to press an extra button for that.

Quikies83

One of my lady friends is having trouble sending me texts -- she can receive mine but I'm not getting hers. We've deleted each others contacts and re-added but still no luck. I've been having to resort to facebook messaging while I'm not able to actually use the phone but despite having my notifications on (facebook account) - I do not receive messages when someone sends me a facebook message.
Anyone have any idea of something else we could try?
She is using a HTC Desire on C-Spire while I'm using my Lumia 920 on ATT

Troll

Banned
One of my lady friends is having trouble sending me texts -- she can receive mine but I'm not getting her. We've deleted each others contacts and re-added but still no luck. I've been having to resort to facebook messaging while we're I'm not able to actually use the phone but despite having my notifications on (facebook account) - I do not receive messages when someone sends me a facebook message.
Anyone have any idea of something else we could try?
She is using a HTC Desire on C-Spire while I'm using my Lumia 920 on ATT

Maybe she's just not that into you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom