• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaggedSac

I guess Topolsky finally gets his Windows Phone 8X with Android

1358753108.png

But the body was specifically designed to compliment the tile interface and WP stylings. Right?

But the body was specifically designed to compliment the tile interface and WP stylings. Right?
You don't really think that a company like HTC wouldn't reuse their hardware and engineering designs, right?

I was surprised that the 8X wasn't a One X with Windows Phone buttons.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Its a beautiful design, but HTC build quality is lacking. The edges lose their color and they still haven't fixed the sim card error that forces a reboot. Though some people think it's a software issue.

My brother is complaining that his phone is giving him the sim error and I feel bad for recommending him the 8X :(

Its a beautiful design, but HTC build quality is lacking. The edges lose their color and they still haven't fixed the sim card error that forces a reboot. Though some people think it's a software issue.

My brother is complaining that his phone is giving him the sim error and I feel bad for recommending him the 8X :(
Don't worry, BB10 will be out soon.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw an interview with the dev's of Ascend: New Gods and he mentions the WP version so that's good. Not sure when it is coming out yet. Next week we get Skulls of the Shogun, which looks great.

PG2G

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/21/3832838/windows-phone-carddav-caldav-support

we're told that Microsoft has been attempting to convince Google to extend its cutoff date by six months to allow the company to push an update out for CalDAV and CardDAV support and to ensure mutual Windows Phone users who use Gmail remain unaffected. We understand that Google has been largely unresponsive to Microsoft's requests for information on how the changes will affect users and a possible extension. The situation means Microsoft is unsure exactly how Gmail accounts will operate after the cutoff.

Guess we know when to except a sizable update, Apollo+ maybe? I guess that is in line with Sprints summer release too

Stop pimping BB10, lol
I have no idea how RIM could afford me, but they did.
I am throwing away my 8X in disgust.
She was a bitch anyway. I never liked her.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/21/3832838/windows-phone-carddav-caldav-support

Guess we know when to except a sizable update, Apollo+ maybe? I guess that is in line with Sprints summer release too

Apollo+ should be released next month and not in six months. This is why everyone's complaining about Microsoft's slow pace.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Apollo+ should be released next month and not in six months. This is why everyone's complaining about Microsoft's slow pace.

Hope Apollo+ is out next month.

zedge

If it takes them 6 months WP is already DOA.. BB10 will crush it. :/

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like shit.

Yeah, I would have to agree. Both of them do really. You either have the wall of apps or the 4 live app things which are not nearly as attractive as the WP8 start screen. Also how good is this going to work with the Qwerty form factors. I like some of the ideas, but I don't think is necessarily more efficient.

edit: also, lol at the post above.

zedge

Pretty sure there are more Saskies than native Calgarians, :lol

Anyways, probably should stop talking about Saskatchewan or Alberta, the Americans will think we are from South America or Europe ;)

Heh indeed. I'm not native either, but been here since a wee one, close enough. ;)

This is what MS should be doing..

http://bgr.com/2013/01/21/blackberry-10-app-submissions-20000-299926/

I'll stop now before I get lynched. :D

Microsoft is doing really good at promoting WP to developers on my college campus here in Canada. They basically donated 10 or more phones to mine, and other schools around us. All student developers within the programming courses also all have a free MSDN Membership to publish and test stuff. They are at almost every single gaming or app related event... and what ones they don't attend to, they are a large sponsor of.

Hell, they are even giving out phones like crazy at events too. Today some of the business students were invited to our classroom by our physics teacher to speak about a Business Start Up event that the business departments were putting on. They even said that they partnered with Microsoft and are giving out something like 20 copies of Windows 8 and 10 WP Devices as prizes.

Its a completely 180* change from the MS of 4 years ago.

What I do find interesting though is that since I'm within a Game Programming course, I have heard alot of people talking about just throwing up their completed school projects onto the WP Store because they have the tools to be able to test it in class.

edit: oops, forgot to edit this into the previous post... sorry everyone :(

MCD

I wish WP8 store had the same options as the one in Windows 8.

By that, I mean mass app download and manual app update check.

hadareud

The Translator
One thing that is sorely lacking on WP is a decent Tapatalk client.

Board Express is really quite bad. Shit even, particularly since the developers seem to have given up on the project and there haven't been any updates for months.

I just had a quick look around and it does seem like there's a few clients under development.

This one looks quite interesting and should be out later this month according to the developer (also for Windows 8/RT):

http://youtu.be/Dolki1xp2_Y

----

Also, looks like the Portico update has started rolling out in Germany and Italy on Vodafone for the 820 & 920.

Hope it comes for EE sooner rather than later too, it's been on Navifirm since the beginning of the year already.

Windows Phone is slowly growing in the EFIGS states, mostly due to Nokia I assume, while still standing still in the US and Asia.

NMKQt3O.png

Dropping in Germany and massively growing in Italy, while the US doesn't seem to care at all about Windows Phone. It's also "good" to see that the rumors about WP taking China by storm are BS as well. Always had a hard time believing it.

JaggedSac

Windows Phone is slowly growing in the EFIGS states, mostly due to Nokia I assume, while still standing still in the US and Asia.

Dropping in Germany and massively growing in Italy, while the US doesn't seem to care at all about Windows Phone. It's also "good" to see that the rumors about WP taking China by storm are BS as well. Always had a hard time believing it.

That is just urban china, the rurals have better taste.

MCD

It might fair better once they release that cheap ass Huawei WP8.

Good news though. Now can we get Apollo plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom