• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNino

What did you expect, its CIBC. Atleast the Mobile site works, I just wish I could save my info and have it not forget it every time I close the tab.
What info is it forgetting? It saves your card number so you just need to input your banking password. What more would it save?

What info is it forgetting? It saves your card number so you just need to input your banking password. What more would it save?

Mine doesn't save the number..I mean, it'll save it for 2 days at most before it completely forgets it. Its a pain and I hate having to dig into my wallet to get the damned number off of the card. Other than that though, I would like an option to remember password or at the very least have a pin code for login instead.

ElNino

Mine doesn't save the number..I mean, it'll save it for 2 days at most before it completely forgets it. Its a pain and I hate having to dig into my wallet to get the damned number off of the card. Other than that though, I would like an option to remember password or at the very least have a pin code for login instead.
My card number has been saved for as long as I can remember, so not sure why yours isn't. As for saving your password, I can safely say that they will likely not implement that for fraud and legal reasons.

MCD

620 looks neat.

Wallet/paypal question. I have added a paypal account to my wallet now, but since I have no CC, I skipped the part to add a CC during the paypal setup via the Wallet app. Now I purchased something in the WP8 store on the Phone, tried PayPal and it worked - but nothing appears on my paypal account and the credit is still the same.

What happened?

MS will collect the money after 3 days if your purchases are under $15.

My card number has been saved for as long as I can remember, so not sure why yours isn't. As for saving your password,I can safely say that they will likely not implement that for fraud and legal reasons.

I have no clue either. IE saves everything else I tell it to unless I explicitly tell it to clear the cache. CIBC just does it automatically for me or something.

A man can dream can't he. Options are amazing

Commodore

Started Skulls of the Shogun, my battery is sitting at 25% now. Phone Is on the charger. I love eating skulls, and the game loves to eat my phone's battery. Sheesh. Love the game though, sucker for turn based strategy. Surprisingly funny too.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
What's clear now, clearer than ever, is that if you want to buy a Windows Phone device....you HAVE to buy a Nokia phone. HTC don't care, even after they pretended to care with the 8x, and Samsung won't even pretend like they care.

ElNino

Nice, will it give u Xbox music?
Since I haven't used WP8 yet (other than in-store), what does Xbox Music on the phone bring that Zune Music did not? The only thing I know of is cloud playlist support (not sure the details of how it works though) but is there anything else?

NeOak

Yep, after two updates, the 7.8 update shows up. This oughta last me through this year.

Same here, it showed up after it did the last Tango update (hadn't done since i dont use the phone anymore). Ill take a pic of my unicorn phone with 7.8 when it finishes.

Sordid

Sweet, updating my missus' Lumia 710 just now then I'll do my 800 afterwards. For HTC folks and others not getting 7.8 the update cabs are in this post over at XDA and you can do it manually. I'm not sure how smooth it'll run without official OEM updates to accompany 7.8 though.

NeOak

Done!

iiYxN2Sb4l7jz.jpg

thirty

Banned
Since I haven't used WP8 yet (other than in-store), what does Xbox Music on the phone bring that Zune Music did not? The only thing I know of is cloud playlist support (not sure the details of how it works though) but is there anything else?
it brings my current subscription

AnkitT

So after having played with it for a couple of mins, nothing has changed except the tiles. And I literally cannot find non MS tiles which will go to double wide sizes. And I dont think most apps will change that in the perceivable future. Apps seem to start a millisecond faster, but im gonna chalk this one up to placebo. The zune tile looks pretty. And yeah... theres bluetooth transfer and ringtone maker which I dont really need, but its there!

kharma45

I see some Optimus 7 owners have the update now, might try the disconnect trick.

So after having played with it for a couple of mins, nothing has changed except the tiles. And I literally cannot find non MS tiles which will go to double wide sizes. And I dont think most apps will change that in the perceivable future. Apps seem to start a millisecond faster, but im gonna chalk this one up to placebo. The zune tile looks pretty. And yeah... theres bluetooth transfer and ringtone maker which I dont really need, but its there!

Facebook can do it iirc, up to devs to update to enable it.

Tantalus

Neo Member
Just got the update working using the disconnect trick. If you aren't being offered the update, try putting your phone in airplane mode and connecting to your computer with USB. Open Zune, go into Phone settings, and whenever you click on the "Update" section in the menu, wait around 4 seconds then unplug your internet cable from your computer.

If it tells you you are already up to date then you unplugged too soon, if it tells you it couldn't check for updates you unplugged too late, but there's a sweet spot in the middle somewhere that tricks it into giving you the update.

Considering they just released the 7.8 SDK last week, it may take a little while for devs to adapt the apps.

kharma45

Just got the update working using the disconnect trick. If you aren't being offered the update, try putting your phone in airplane mode and connecting to your computer with USB. Open Zune, go into Phone settings, and whenever you click on the "Update" section in the menu, wait around 4 seconds then unplug your internet cable from your computer.

If it tells you you are already up to date then you unplugged too soon, if it tells you it couldn't check for updates you unplugged too late, but there's a sweet spot in the middle somewhere that tricks it into giving you the update.

Forgot about aeroplane mode, will try that now!

teraMEL0S

I cant get ringtone maker or Bluetooth transfer to download. There's no option. Also, I thought Nokia was supposed to be releasing the cinemagraph app. Can't find that anywhere. I'm on a lumia 900 and just got 7.8

hankster

I don't even want 7.8. Can't give up on the gutter.
4 small icons across top for quick access to settings > gutter (IMO)
and maybe cinemagraph and lenses and other Nokia lovelies...

oh hai there - long time lurker, FINALLY approved for posting.

---
900 club 'til something else....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom