• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Not a good start for me in our game of Skulls, lol

Async is awesome, I want more like it. It is annoying that Carcassonne is not.

kazinova

Not a good start for me in our game of Skulls, lol

Async is awesome, I want more like it. It is annoying that Carcassonne is not.

Carc should definitely be asynch capable.

I was playing the Win8 version when my turn came up. How's the notification of your turn work. Is it on the Skulls tile? Xbox tile? Does it toast?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Carc should definitely be asynch capable.

I was playing the Win8 version when my turn came up. How's the notification of your turn work. Is it on the Skulls tile? Xbox tile? Does it toast?

I get a toast on WP and number on my Games tile. While I was playing the Xbla version a message came up as well.

Nero3000

....im going to have to do the disconnect trick for all three updates now...

and its going to back up all 16GB each time.....this is going to be loooooooooooong.

Nero3000

interesting that the 8783 update includes:

*Provides support for phones without physical camera buttons

The hardware camera button should stay as a requirement IMO.

EDIT: aaaand the 3rd update needed the disconnect trick aswell.

Just me it's not working for then ;_;

Try updating the phone a couple of times so that the update check interval gets as short as possible. The first time I did update it searched for about 6 seconds and said it was up to date. Te second time, about 4 second. Third time around 2 seconds. The update check didn't get shorter than 2 seconds. So I click update, wait about 1.8 seconds and unplug the cable.

Applying third update now.

kharma45

Try updating the phone a couple of times so that the update check interval gets as short as possible. The first time I did update it searched for about 6 seconds and said it was up to date. Te second time, about 4 second. Third time around 2 seconds. The update check didn't get shorter than 2 seconds. So I click update, wait about 1.8 seconds and unplug the cable.

Still no luck, ah well.

Nero3000

Strange I went the other way.

Remember to put the phone in flight mode.

If Zune says you phone is up to date straight away, go longer next time.

When it checks for a lengthy time then it seems it has worked. Don't plug the network cable back in until it says "update found".

Yeah I've tried for a significant portion of this afternoon haha with no luck. I might just CAB update my phone, because it's not like I'll be missing out on OEM firmware because HTC doesn't update their phones.

Yeah I've tried for a significant portion of this afternoon haha with no luck. I might just CAB update my phone, because it's not like I'll be missing out on OEM firmware because HTC doesn't update their phones.

Lol I was done in 30 mins.

Anywho, I *gulp* quite like BB10 so far. But I don't think it has more potential to won over the third spot. The OS looks too complex to be able cater to all audiences,unlike WP. The BB/BB10 os in the pocketnow vid is extremely fast and fluid though.

MattDoza

Question about the disconnect trick: does disabling the WiFi work the same as yanking out the ethernet cable? Cause when I did this for 7.5 I was using a desktop, and now I'm using a laptop. Just wondering if it matters.

Klocker

Question about the disconnect trick: does disabling the WiFi work the same as yanking out the ethernet cable? Cause when I did this for 7.5 I was using a desktop, and now I'm using a laptop. Just wondering if it matters.

I used to just soft disable my Ethernet adapter when I did it on my desktop so I'd imaging dropping the WiFi connection would do the same

MattDoza

I used to just soft disable my Ethernet adapter when I did it on my desktop so I'd imaging dropping the WiFi connection would do the same

Yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't. I've spent the last 30 minutes trying, again. I'll give it another couple of attempts tomorrow.

I don't have my laptop with me so can't update my old phones but having been forced to use the 900 during the last few days, I really don't miss the gutter and now think it was such a waste of space not to mention the asymmetry really turn off many.

I have just switch to using HTC One X yesterday. It is fluid and fast. Camera is nice on this thing too. Even with Sense on top 4.0.1 Android is pretty good but I can't wait to go back to Lumia 920. Also while I adjust to 920 weight, man it is one heavy phone especially after using other phone for a week.

Holy shit! Finally on 7.8!

I started on 8107 this afternoon and sent CAB's for 8112, 8773, 8779, 8783, and 8858. Took so long, but 7.8 is on my phone and HTC will not get my business again (I do like their phones).

When they first showed the new start screen I recoiled in fear, then it grew on me, but I was still unsure. Then I used it. Within 30 seconds, I saw that it was a huge improvement. The amount of stuff I can fit on the screen without scrolling and having small tiles for stuff is great. The "medium" tiles are comically large on the Titan though.

7.8 actually has some of the animations changed that speed things up a bit, haven't noticed that in any of the change logs.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I started on 8107 this afternoon and sent CAB's for 8112, 8773, 8779, 8783, and 8858. Took so long, but 7.8 is on my phone and HTC will not get my business again (I do like their phones).

When they first showed the new start screen I recoiled in fear, then it grew on me, but I was still unsure. Then I used it. Within 30 seconds, I saw that it was a huge improvement. The amount of stuff I can fit on the screen without scrolling and having small tiles for stuff is great. The "medium" tiles are comically large on the Titan though.

7.8 actually has some of the animations changed that speed things up a bit, haven't noticed that in any of the change logs.

I only use medium tiles if they look good. Tiles like the phone should not be large.

JaggedSac

Can link to all the stuff I need to know in order to do this?

Razdek

Banned
Got the update on my LG Quantum on Bell and although the performance isn't as good as the Lumia 920 I had it's a good update. Having fun playing around with WP again.

I got a 920, company phone and for the life of me, I cant understand some of the 'features'.
I can only ever have one skype account?? I sign in, all fine, then I want to sign out to use my personal one... no option!

no google translate (or similar) on the phone? or am i blind and cant see the real app? I see there is a variant of it, but its so slow and really doesnt work too well.

guide me WP gaf, I need some help with this thing.

Camera is pretty sweet, it has to be said.
I am coming off a iPhone4 and that device catered to all of my usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom