• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero3000

I got a 920, company phone and for the life of me, I cant understand some of the 'features'.
I can only ever have one skype account?? I sign in, all fine, then I want to sign out to use my personal one... no option!

no google translate (or similar) on the phone? or am i blind and cant see the real app? I see there is a variant of it, but its so slow and really doesnt work too well.

guide me WP gaf, I need some help with this thing.

Camera is pretty sweet, it has to be said.
I am coming off a iPhone4 and that device catered to all of my usage.

There is a Bing translate app in the store.

Also if you use the Bing vision search, you van point your ccamera to some text.and it will translate it for you. That's built in.

If it runs as well as the other android app they demonstrated in their video review they should just stop now..

I doubt that they have more leverage than microsoft against facebook.

I do wonder if the BB10 version of skype is better whan their win8 version :)

RIM still has more market share than Microsoft, so that would be an argument for BB in this case.

MCD

I got a 920, company phone and for the life of me, I cant understand some of the 'features'.
I can only ever have one skype account?? I sign in, all fine, then I want to sign out to use my personal one... no option!

no google translate (or similar) on the phone? or am i blind and cant see the real app? I see there is a variant of it, but its so slow and really doesnt work too well.

guide me WP gaf, I need some help with this thing.

Camera is pretty sweet, it has to be said.
I am coming off a iPhone4 and that device catered to all of my usage.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/search?q=translate

kazinova

There may be some glitches in the Skulls Anywhere mode. Switching between versions creates some silly moves where people move units farther than their movement would normally allow.

So I'm on my 4th 8X. Everything good so far. I downloaded the Nokia Drive app, is there no way to see a list of directions? Its just a visual of where you are going......Also, wasn't this the app that can redirect you to a better rout if there is traffic...?

Frost_Ace

Just updated my lumia800, I honestly think it looks awful but the music tile is pretty awesome. Dunno if to return to 7.5 or not.:/

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just updated my lumia800, I honestly think it looks awful but the music tile is pretty awesome. Dunno if to return to 7.5 or not.:/

No way I would go back to the gutter. Small tiles for life. Just need to be smart with how you use your large tiles. What with the music tile? Probably better than the one on 8.

I love the new start screen. Takes some getting used to, and the medium tiles are indeed comically large, but it just looks so good.

Finally ditched my blue color scheme, too, currently using steel blue and loving it. Might also use dark red, because that looks damn sexy.

frontieruk

Just played with a Z10, am I right in thinking BlackBerry have just copied android?? I will say it was very smooth OS, I found it quite weird not having any sort of button along the bottom to interact with, instead having to swipe from the bottom up the screen, but the phone felt nice in the hand, not my cup of tea but I can see blackberry fans upgrading.

thirty

Banned
i had to create a BB10 vs ... camera thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=47129671#post47129671

Z10
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

drspeedy

Just played with a Z10, am I right in thinking BlackBerry have just copied android?? I will say it was very smooth OS, I found it quite weird not having any sort of button along the bottom to interact with, instead having to swipe from the bottom up the screen, but the phone felt nice in the hand, not my cup of tea but I can see blackberry fans upgrading.

It's really very intuitive after about 10 minutes with the device (speaking as a playbook user). You'll never want to go back to the archaic button and multi tasking on android/iOS.

Still shocked no one's copied it.

PG2G

I wonder what the chances are that we will see Apollo+ running on Nokia's new devices at MWC?

Probably depends if Apollo+ is the Spring/Summer update or something before that, or if Microsoft have learned their lesson from keeping things too close to their chest with WP8 details.

Probably depends if Apollo+ is the Spring/Summer update or something before that, or if Microsoft have learned their lesson from keeping things too close to their chest with WP8 details.

Too close to the chest with WP8? WP8 simply didn't have that many new consumer features. The only feature that was leaked close to launch was the live wallpaper.

PG2G

Too close to the chest with WP8? WP8 simply didn't have that many new consumer features. The only feature that was leaked close to launch was the live wallpaper.

Leaks are leaks. Their intent was to keep things close to their chest, which is supposedly why there was no SDK and made publicly available until just before release.

Leaks are leaks. Their intent was to keep things close to their chest, which is supposedly why there was no SDK and made publicly available until just before release.

The SDK was made publicly available just before launch, because it was late, just like the entire OS. Do you need to watch the conference again to remember how much of a disappointment it was?

In terms of consumer features, Mango brought more to the table than Apollo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom