• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after having 7.8 for a few days, I've realized that some of my tiles don't work now. My weather app tile is frozen, I've yet to get a Facebook notification (toast or tile) since the update, USA Today tile is frozen, and of course my Calendar app is still completely fucked, which is really becoming an extreme hindrance.

Core phone tiles still work though (Messaging, Phone, Mail, Store).

Klocker

So after having 7.8 for a few days, I've realized that some of my tiles don't work now. My weather app tile is frozen, I've yet to get a Facebook notification (toast or tile) since the update, USA Today tile is frozen, and of course my Calendar app is still completely fucked, which is really becoming an extreme hindrance.

Core phone tiles still work though (Messaging, Phone, Mail, Store).

that sucks but on the USA Today note... do not uninstall it as it is no longer available on MP for WP7.xx only WP8.

which pissed me off

Oh, I noticed a small cosmetic change, no one seemed to mention on the tech blogs: The lockscreen now displays the artist-picture from the music hub, while playing music!

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I hate how the music controls disappear from the lock screen and how the artist disappears from the Xbox music tile when the music stops. Screw all you guys that complained and got that implemented.

frontieruk

I hate how the music controls disappear from the lock screen and how the artist disappears from the Xbox music tile when the music stops. Screw all you guys that complained and got that implemented.

the artist stays on 7.8 or my lumia is b0rked... oh wait I'm still Zune. and the controls always disappeared from the lockscreen didn't they?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I agree completely. I hate those people. I change a song on the lock screen and before I have chance to decide if I want to listen to it the controls go away.

First u need to get the language version back on track. Here is what happened. The updater successfully loaded one of your os version updates, then failed to load the language update. If you tried again, the version would successfully update again and the language would also fail because the previous version was off. So now you are two versions of the language off. Just start loading English language versions until you get both the language and os version the same. And yes, the AT&T Titan only has the English one, so only load that one.
Yeah I just started from the beginning with then language packs, they all threw an error till I got to then one I had missed which was Tango, once I loaded those I was good to go...lesson learned though, stop being lazy.

People got that implemented on WP8? I've been complained since day one...wtf!....i want it.

frontieruk

People got that implemented on WP8? I've been complained since day one...wtf!....i want it.

couldn't we just compromise and have it stay on screen for x amount of time??? X being user defined... Lastflowers get this implemented asap ;)

Don't worry, professional reviewers didn't realise you could cut and paste from emails after Tango.

hehe, and I always assumed I knew every little detail of Windows Phone.

I hope Microsoft gets their act together soon, since I still dont see enough reason to drop that much cash on a wp8 device with a fully working 7.8 device (I always buy without contract), but I am getting a little bored with 7.8 now. I guess I will jump in, once microsoft announces the next big update for wp8, notification center or something.

Yep, that behavior was changed based on user feedback. And some posters here were part of the complainers. *death stare*

would you mind explaining? I am not sure what was the "problem" before and what changed, since I dont have music on my phone atm

Lol. Ota coming asap.

The speed and resolution alone are a reason to upgrade. The new API hooks allow a lot more to be done with the device as well.

frontieruk

Lol. Ota coming asap.

The speed and resolution alone are a reason to upgrade. The new API hooks allow a lot more to be done with the device as well.

You know it's weird even with 7.8 on my device it feels gimped compared to 8 and i don't do anything different :-S

Any recommendations for a good looking "clock" app? I want one that I can leave on at night, while my phone is charged in, that acts as a clock so I don't have to hit the power button to see what time it is in the morning.

AnkitT

So there's now a semi-functional scrobbling app called scrobbleme. Checking that off the list of apps I wanted lol.

Wow, Engadget is positively gushing about Windows Phone 8 and its awesome abilities to crank out high performance budget phones in the review of the Samsung Ativ Odyssey: http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/04/samsung-ativ-odyssey-review/

Pretty cool to see the OS get some love. They call it the most beautiful mobile OS (no disagreement here) and they also praise IE10.

I hate that they never expand on things like this:

"While there are certainly a few minor things that irk us about the latest mobile version of Internet Explorer"

Ragus

Banned
EOS3.jpg

Nokia go home, you are drunk.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I hate that they never expand on this like this:

"While there are certainly a few minor things that irk us about the latest mobile version of Internet Explorer"

I read that and assumed that its the occasional rendering issues, but yeah, that could've used elaboration.

So a few days in and I can safely say WP8 is the best mobile OS I've ever used. Really happy with it.

Also, I'm amazed hoe great the 620 is for a £150 phone.

Is there a way to refresh the phone so that changes in SkyDrive update? For example, if I delete images off SkyDrive, they still appear in my photo's for some time. I want to refresh to remove them.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to refresh the phone so that changes in SkyDrive update? For example, if I delete images off SkyDrive, they still appear in my photo's for some time. I want to refresh to remove them.

If you bring up the bottom bar there is a refresh option.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I've gone from one new phone every two years to one new phone a year. That's already bad enough, but if a 41mp Lumia with an aluminum body is released, how the heck am I supposed to ignore it? If it releases in May, that's only 7 months with the 920. Ugh, my wife is going to be pissed.

Pretty sure my wife would kill me or divorce me, :lol

This will be my next, unless something better comes out before my contract ends in November. Hope they can do the OIS along with the monster sensor. The phone certainly won't be winning any thin and light awards this time either though.

If I have to suffer until May Sprint must not let me know.

Troll

Banned
I've gone from one new phone every two years to one new phone a year. That's already bad enough, but if a 41mp Lumia with an aluminum body is released, how the heck am I supposed to ignore it? If it releases in May, that's only 7 months with the 920. Ugh, my wife is going to be pissed.

I'll just sell the 920 and pay the difference. I'm probably going to be doing that pretty regularly from now on lol. I like having new phones like this, having the Focus for 2+ years was sort of silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom