• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I updated to 7.8 and I really don't like the new bigger icons... so I figure go tiny, but some of them are worthless in tiny mode because I can't see how many mails / texts etc I have.

Bollocks. :(

Edit - Oh and 7 on that list is the worst shit ever. I can't believe that still isn't sorted.

JaggedSac

So I updated to 7.8 and I really don't like the new bigger icons... so I figure go tiny, but some of them are worthless in tiny mode because I can't see how many mails / texts etc I have.

Bollocks. :(

Edit - Oh and 7 on that list is the worst shit ever. I can't believe that still isn't sorted.

Mine shows texts and emails on the small size tiles.

Why does the calendar have nonsense Latin instead of something useful like what I actually wrote for that day?
APq40YT.png

borked my Titan using seveneighter, im at 7.8 but i cant access certain settings like "wifi" or "about phone" I dont have all the new colors...aaaaand my backup is fucked :-(
least it's not my daily driver but I wanted to play with it for a bit.

cant find a stock ruu to save my life either...hmpf

frontieruk

Kinda weird that they're stripping the achievements but I won't complain when these games are free! Maybe they got some flack before when Mirror's Edge was free for Nokia owners with achievements intact?

So tempted to go for the 620, O2 are offering me £70 for my Lumia 800 so it'd only cost £80. I'm not sure if I'd be able to get it unlocked though, O2's website said payg customers have to wait 12 months :*(

get a free 30day simplicity sim, get the closest to your monthly spend on payg as you are locked for 60 days, as you have to roll the first month and use the 2nd, but you'd be on a contract so can get it unlocked ;)

kharma45

borked my Titan using seveneighter, im at 7.8 but i cant access certain settings like "wifi" or "about phone" I dont have all the new colors...aaaaand my backup is fucked :-(

Did you forgot to flash all the language packs? Used that tool last night myself and it went well.

Subitai

Lynn616

It depends on how soon you're planning to switch. If you can, I'd wait until the flagship Nokia Laser comes out. It will be more or less a 920.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/24/3912250/nokia-laser-verizon-windows-phone-8

I have a white 822 instead of 8x right now for extended storage, which I am very pleased with. Which iPhone are you coming from?

I am coming from the iPhone 4S. I think I will wait like you suggested and get a Nokia Laser. Thanks for your reply.

TTOOLL

Sonic CD is free for Lumias, I go to the store and the game isn't available for my device because I fucking live in Brazil. I'm tired of this bullshit, meanwhile Play and AppStore in Brazil have pretty much all the games from the USA store.
It's hard to support Microsoft. Windows Phone 8 was released and they haven't said a word about it here. I didn't want to go back to Android, but the store here is beyond terrible. I thought it would change after WP8 but I guess they don't give a fuck about us ='(

kharma45

Sonic CD is free for Lumias, I go to the store and the game isn't available for my device because I fucking live in Brazil. I'm tired of this bullshit, meanwhile Play and AppStore in Brazil have pretty much all the games from the USA store.
It's hard to support Microsoft. Windows Phone 8 was released and they haven't said a word about it here. I didn't want to go back to Android, but the store here is beyond terrible. I thought it would change after WP8 but I guess they don't give a fuck about us ='(

Just change your region and download it.

With my old Galaxy Ace I had my Google account synced up. I switched to an old Xperia for a while when the Ace was giving me jip. The Google account synced with it fine. The Xperia stopped working and I went back to the Ace. My Google contacts synced fine, but it wouldn't sync the calendar despite all the correct settings being on.

Seems I'm getting the same issue with the 620. All my Google contacts have synced up. But my calender, even though the option is set to be on, wont sync. Any ideas?

maeh2k

http://www.wpcentral.com/8-things-microsoft-needs-fix-windows-phone-8

I think this sum up pretty well what the platform need now. My brother 920 froze up yesterday 3-4 times (no portico here yet), he finally shut off the thing and went back to his iPhone. He said this,is why Windows Phone will never gain any market share here despite all the heavy push by poor Nokia.

That's not representative of Windows Phone in general. My mothers 920 which she has had since the 920 launched has only frozen a single time.

That's not representative of Windows Phone in general. My mothers 920 which she has had since the 920 launched has only frozen a single time.
My other one only froze when I left it to charge. My brother was working fine for awhile but yesterday it constantly lock up. In any case it is still a shitty experience.

kharma45

With my old Galaxy Ace I had my Google account synced up. I switched to an old Xperia for a while when the Ace was giving me jip. The Google account synced with it fine. The Xperia stopped working and I went back to the Ace. My Google contacts synced fine, but it wouldn't sync the calendar despite all the correct settings being on.

Seems I'm getting the same issue with the 620. All my Google contacts have synced up. But my calender, even though the option is set to be on, wont sync. Any ideas?

You trying to sync multiple ones by any chance?

JaggedSac

Dude, that exact thing happened to me, but thankfully, your phone is easily fixable. Download the manual cab sender and start sending English language pack versions until it is successful. It will fail if it is not the right version, but it is no big deal, just go to the next one. Once you get back up to the right version, the stuff will start working again. At that point I just used the manual sender for the rest of the updates. And remember to only do English with the Titan.

I don't understand why people just don't use cab loader, it's pretty easy and reliable.
ive used it in the past...I was being lazy this time through, stupid me.

Dude, that exact thing happened to me, but thankfully, your phone is easily fixable. Download the manual cab sender and start sending English language pack versions until it is successful. It will fail if it is not the right version, but it is no big deal, just go to the next one. Once you get back up to the right version, the stuff will start working again. At that point I just used the manual sender for the rest of the updates. And remember to only do English with the Titan.
so im only sending english language packs? nothing else, none of the OS updates?

and the cab sender is really easy, i had forgotten just how easy it was until i had tried fixing my Titan.

bananas

Banned
Purchased a red Lumia 920 today. Should be getting it on Tuesday. Excited.

Switching from iPhone 4S, which I had switched from the HTC HD7S, and before that, from the iPhone 3GS.

So I seem to be bouncing back and forth a bit, lol.

kazinova

So, ElNino's turn in our Skulls game has totally jacked things up, his units move all around the map beyond their movement radius and his turn freezes on a non-existent unit. I don't know if the game can continue, my Surface, PC and phone all do the same thing. I'll let the PC sit for a while but it's not looking good.

JaggedSac

so im only sending english language packs? nothing else, none of the OS updates?

and the cab sender is really easy, i had forgotten just how easy it was until i had tried fixing my Titan.

First u need to get the language version back on track. Here is what happened. The updater successfully loaded one of your os version updates, then failed to load the language update. If you tried again, the version would successfully update again and the language would also fail because the previous version was off. So now you are two versions of the language off. Just start loading English language versions until you get both the language and os version the same. And yes, the AT&T Titan only has the English one, so only load that one.

ElNino

So, ElNino's turn in our Skulls game has totally jacked things up, his units move all around the map beyond their movement radius and his turn freezes on a non-existent unit. I don't know if the game can continue, my Surface, PC and phone all do the same thing. I'll let the PC sit for a while but it's not looking good.
Hmmm... don't know what I did. My moves certainly weren't that strange from my end.

First u need to get the language version back on track. Here is what happened. The updater successfully loaded one of your os version updates, then failed to load the language update. If you tried again, the version would successfully update again and the language would also fail because the previous version was off. So now you are two versions of the language off. Just start loading English language versions until you get both the language and os version the same. And yes, the AT&T Titan only has the English one, so only load that one.

Yeah the AT&T Titan is actually pretty easy to CAB load because you only need the one language pack. The one you want is numbered 0409.

If you start at 8107 (the first post-Mango update that fixes the disappearing keyboard bug and some other issues), these are the CABs you need:

Havik

Just got the windows 7.8 update for my lumia 800. (normal download using Zune). I like it alot so far, they got rid of the pointless sidebar in the main menu so my screen looks alot bigger all of a sudden.

Frost_Ace

Finally found a good setup for my tiles, yellow theme rocks! Also, I can't get over how awesome the zune tile is, I could stare it for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom