• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 7.8, if you are listening to Zune and you get a toast notification, the media controls pop up right over the notification, and you have to wait for it to go away to see/tap on your notification.

WAT

waxer

Want to make the move from my lg p500 to windows phone. Its crap so anything will probably seem great :)
Having said that I didnt want to spend to much outright and unlocked for new zealand.
I see on ebay you can get a lumia 620 or 900 for about the same price. Although they always say gsm unlocked, my network provider is 3g only. Do they mean its completely unlocked?
What other phones are in that price range as a max point. Dont mind second hand although my phone is almost dead so getting one reasonably quick would be good.

f0lken

Want to make the move from my lg p500 to windows phone. Its crap so anything will probably seem great :)
Having said that I didnt want to spend to much outright and unlocked for new zealand.
I see on ebay you can get a lumia 620 or 900 for about the same price. Although they always say gsm unlocked, my network provider is 3g only. Do they mean its completely unlocked?
What other phones are in that price range as a max point. Dont mind second hand although my phone is almost dead so getting one reasonably quick would be good.

Get the 620, and avoid the 900 and other WP7.8 phones.

eastx

Saw that :)

Also, could you look into Adera for WP?

Sure thing. I've contacted Adera's devs as well as Ubisoft about their upcoming WP games. We'll see whether anybody feels talkative or not (60% of the time they don't).

Also, 'How to save Xbox games on Windows Phone Part 3' is coming up later today. The article ran sort of long so I had to break it up into more installments. More fun for everyone. :)

Damn, Huawei Ascend W1 to be 150 euro off contract here. Locked to Vodafone thought. Still, thats a great price and exactly what I was talking about yesterday in the budget discussion.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
You jerks never invited me to your ultra exclusive Skulls of the Shogun game, so I'm starting my own game. Post your GT here so I can set up a game.

ComScore's Smartphone market share data from December 2012.

9TnpQe7.png

Smartphone sales hit new highs in December, off the back of Android and iPhone. In all likelihood they sold far more units this Dec than in Sep, and possibly more than they ever did overall in any period.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Lol at the market share numbers.

Also, Mobile World Congress official app is out. So you can see Lazer, Blazer, EOS, and catwalk from Nokia and the updated ZTE Poorpeople as they are unveiled.

Talon

Well, remember that the smartphone market as a whole is growing, so WP might have gotten out there (in whatever minor numbers) but not enough to keep pace with market growth.

On a side note, y'all seen this?
Nokia has a tendency of patenting their mobile phone designs before they were officially revealed. Last year we saw the design patent for the Nokia Lumia 920 (or Nokia “Phi” as it was called back then) just before it was announced, and two other design patents were revealed by LiveSide that has yet to be released. Today, we noticed that Nokia was granted another design patent (D675,587) for one of their Windows Phone devices – and like the other two, we have actually seen the concept images of this device before. Check it out below:
Nokia-Device-Design-US-Patent-D675587.png
Link

Fjolle

Didn't i tell you last time that comScore is a BS online survey?

"Brendan Arndt ‏@wildlime

I have it on good authority Spotify for WP8 is about to go live...."

Time to consider buying the 620...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
DO want! AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOD ROGERS BETTER HAVE THE COLOR I WANT DAY 1!

:lol we will see if they can fuck up again. My buddy just a red 920 from Rogers. Very nice! I wouldn't be surprised if a one of those high-end Lumias goes to say Telus.

Also, apparently the 8X is coming to Virgin.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
If any of you are into skiing, in the Nokia Collection there is the Winter Ski & Ride app for checking nearby hill conditions and much more. Pretty nice app.

kharma45

Still behind on features, compared to Android and iOS, but better than, literally, nothing.

The switch back to Windows Phone doesn't seem so silly anymore.

Yeah at least it's there and it's another big name app to check off the list of what is missing.

What does it lack compared to the other versions?

Yeah at least it's there and it's another big name app to check off the list of what is missing.

What does it lack compared to the other versions?

Here's the list I made, when I compared it to the Windows Phone 7 app, back in January.

brotkasten said:
I hope whenever Spotify releases their app for Windows Phone 8, they'll bring some feature parity with it.

I'm comparing the WP7 app with the Android app and:

The old green splash screen is hideous
It doesn't have the radio function
Obviously no thumbs up/down for radio songs, to optimize the playlist (6 months since the feature was introduced)
No private session
No gapless playback and crossfade
No quality setting for downloaded tracks
"What's new" shows only new releases (6 of them), but not top playlist among friends or top tracks among friends
I can't find the inbox

Talking about the red headed step-child.

What good is it to have big names on your platform, if they don't do anything after releasing the first two versions?

Fjolle

Here's the list I made, when I compared it to the Windows Phone 7 app, back in January.

Pff. I just want it to not fuck up my offline playlists every two weeks :p

And it looks like they havent updated the wp7 app, which makes sense, but it's still sad.

probably a driver issue which lands on nokia's doorstep, my 710 didn't lose volume after the update.

I did notice my 800 seemed quieter, but thought I was just imagining things.

On 7.8, if you are listening to Zune and you get a toast notification, the media controls pop up right over the notification, and you have to wait for it to go away to see/tap on your notification.

WAT

Yeah, noticed that too.

Sorry yellow team in our skulls game. The green team would have crushed me had I taken them.

van add me (aratsnest) to your other game.

waxer

Lumia 620 ordered. First windows phone.

There is no thread of recommended apps etc like android ios have is there?

Klocker

wow I had so much hope when this OS was first realeasd... now not so much

sticking to it because I am married to my live account and now with Office 365/Xbox/WP/W8/skydrive I am thrilled but they had better find a way to get some sheep off the google/Android titty

giga

Didn't i tell you last time that comScore is a BS online survey?

"Brendan Arndt ‏@wildlime

I have it on good authority Spotify for WP8 is about to go live...."

Time to consider buying the 620...
I don't remember. Elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom