• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragus

Banned
I have an official nokia case and I also thought, that this may cause the problem, but after taking it off, the problem is still here.

I'm quite nervous, because before I had it repaired, GPS worked fine.

Broken GPS unit. GPS should work fine even without data connection after a while (when it gets its first fix unassisted), so... send it in for a repair? A-GPS should work very fast when you're in a vehicle anyway. Not to mention outdoors.

great. Another repair. God fucking damnit.

my current home on a Red Lumia

temporary_zps445b64f6.png

I have an official nokia case and I also thought, that this may cause the problem, but after taking it off, the problem is still here.

I'm quite nervous, because before I had it repaired, GPS worked fine.

Reset the phone. All your stuff is backed up anyways.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

I can't believe how unlucky you and some others have been with the hardware. Its just unreal. I see it on other platforms too and you will find it on every thread about tech, but its especially bad when you have a company like Nokia that really can't afford to lose any customers at all.

my current home on a Red Lumia

Hey man, were you playing music when you took this screen shot?

A small annoyance I have had with wp8 is that the Xbox music tile does not show the last album you played when you are not playing music. Its just the green Xbox music tile when I am not playing music and it bugs the hell out of me lol. I don't know if its just my phone or everybody lol.

Ragus

Banned
Hmm, I launched Nokia City Lens, and it found ny location properly in like 2 seconds. Green dot and all.

I will try the hard reset and report back here.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Yeah, I don't blame you. If it kept an artist there I would have made it a large tile. Now it is barely worth medium, maybe even better kept a small tile.

I just converted my music tile to a small after reading this post. It really is worthless to have medium or large if the artist doesn't stay.

Also, how does shogun multiplayer work? How do I know who's turn it is?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I just converted my music tile to a small after reading this post. It really is worthless to have medium or large if the artist doesn't stay.

Also, how does shogun multiplayer work? How do I know who's turn it is?

I just did my turn so you have to wait till you get a notification again.

I also made my music tile small a week ago.

Ragus

Banned
Wooohoo, GPS works. I turns out, that there was a problem with the maps I had downloaded. I redownloaded them and now gps work like a fucking charm.

God damnit, I have such a strange relation with this phone.

bedlamite

I made my music tile small as soon as I saw MS had fucked it up with artist tile pictures in the worst way when I got my 920.

Completely screwing up what was perfect the first time around, thanks MS!

It is everybody. Believe it or not, that tile was one of the things some people actively complained about lol.
Yeah, along with asymmetry tiles, this was one of the major complain by people in regard to Windows Phone 7 aesthetic. I guess many don't want other to know they secretly listen to Bieber.

ElNino

Yeah, along with asymmetry tiles, this was one of the major complain by people in regard to Windows Phone 7 aesthetic. I guess many don't want other to know they secretly listen to Bieber.
I don't think very many people (anybody?) really complained about the last played artist being on the Zune tile. What most people complained about was the artist/song info being displayed in the volume drop down when it had stopped playing.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think very many people (anybody?) really complained about the last played artist being on the Zune tile. What most people complained about was the artist/song info being displayed in the volume drop down when it had stopped playing.

They should have made it an option for both. I really miss both on WP8. Another thing that puzzles me is why Local Scout works with WP7, but not WP8 when I change the browser to United States....whhhhyyyyyyyy

Wurst

First time I'm glad I'm on 7.8. Zune tile still features the last artist I played.. and it's beautiful.
Could hardly live without it.

How do people get the NeoGAF tile?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
First time I'm glad I'm on 7.8. Zune tile still features the last artist I played.. and it's beautiful.
Could hardly live without it.

How do people get the NeoGAF tile?

I remember the non official neogaf webapp had an option specifically for windows phones where you could get the tile, not sure if it carried over when evilore made it the official webapp.

I also remember that there seemed to be more iteration and improvement before it became official.

Mine does but it only seems to have artists from downloaded Zune music ie the drm'd stuff, I've tried using Zune to add artist details it failed :(

Well, I'll just stick to the small tile then, looks better anyway.

Really dig the 7.8. interface, just looks so clean when you compare it to 7.5.

MCD

He doesn't have to buy a Nokia, nor does he have to use Nokia Maps/Navigation. gMaps is still in the marketplace.

Yeah, I used my Lumia 920 with gmaps and it was great. Much better than the official iPhone Google maps because I could figure out where I was heading with the little light. iPhone was just a tiny dot representing me.

And I didn't have to use any train apps or anything other than Google maps. People sure make big deals out of the need for traveling apps.

kevinski

Banned
I have some WP8 questions, as I recently purchased an HTC 8X.

Subscribing to a podcast more or less forces you to "keep" (which actually means "automatically download" to Microsoft, apparently) at least one episode, whereas the Zune software that worked fine with my HTC Trophy but not with my HTC 8X had an option to "keep" zero episodes. As such, the phone seems to constantly want to download an extra episode of any given podcast, even much older ones that aren't even sequentially close to the newer ones. Is there any way to stop the phone from doing this?

Whenever I navigate to my podcasts, I've noticed that each podcast's episode list has a button labeled "Xbox Music Store" at the bottom. Does this button serve any purpose? I press it, and it expands to absolutely nothing.

Getting podcasts onto this phone is infuriating compared to the experience with my HTC Trophy.

derFeef

I love coffee-break with my colleagues. They swear because they don't have enough memory for some widgets, need to reboot their phones, use the shell to do their "I can do everything on my phone" stuff. And whenever I put my 8X on the table and say "works fine on my phone here" I get a big sigh and rolling eyes.

Sogood.gif

Could you both elaborate?

airplane mode

connect to zune

search for updates in zune

disconnect from the internet while it searches, takes some time to find the right timing when to disconnect

if it says "no updates found" you were too late, if it says "could not search for updates", you were to fast.

if you found the update, reconnect to net and click "update". might need to do update a few times before you can load 7.8 is on it.

I heard its not working for everyone tjough

H3xum

airplane mode

connect to zune

search for updates in zune

disconnect from the internet while it searches, takes some time to find the right timing when to disconnect

if it says "no updates found" you were too late, if it says "could not search for updates", you were to fast.

if you found the update, reconnect to net and click "update". might need to do update a few times before 7.8 is on it.

I heard its not working for everyone tjough

Well this is seemingly working.

Fingers crossed

Edit: Wasn't the 7.8 update. lame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom