• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragus

Banned
I love the idea of Spotify, but I think that the app wasn't executed very well. I don't like the fact, that I have to use playlists to listen to downloaded songs. I'd much prefer to have something like the stock music app. Alphabetical order of songs, lists of arists/albums/songs etc.

derFeef

I love the idea of Spotify, but I think that the app wasn't executed very well. I don't like the fact, that I have to use playlists to listen to downloaded songs. I'd much prefer to have something like the stock music app. Alphabetical order of songs, lists of arists/albums/songs etc.

It's a terrible app compared to the iOS and Android one.

Man, both the body and the screen of my 8X heat up quite a bit after about 15 minutes of Skulls of the Shogun (plugged into power). I'm not so much concerned about the body, but the screen heats up to the point of being actually "hot". Is this something that I should be worried about?

Sordid

O2 don't do 3G in my area or I'd definitely snap up a 620 for £120, curse them and their 12 month wait to unlock payg phones :(

Ok so I got a Nokia Lumia 822 today, I love the phone. But I'm a bit confused: Why has Microsoft made it so we can't use the amazing Zune Software (the best music management software I've ever used) with our Windows Phone 8? I'm able to use it with my Windows Phone 7, but apparently I can't use it with WP8 and I have to use the extremely limited "Windows Phone" Windows 8 app. And why the hell did Microsoft drop the Zune software for the horrid Xbox Music software? I just.. don't understand lol.

What do you guys use to manage your music, pictures, etc for your Windows Phone 8?

catmincer

Ok so I got a Nokia Lumia 822 today, I love the phone. But I'm a bit confused: Why has Microsoft made it so we can't use the amazing Zune Software (the best music management software I've ever used) with our Windows Phone 8? I'm able to use it with my Windows Phone 7, but apparently I can't use it with WP8 and I have to use the extremely limited "Windows Phone" Windows 8 app. And why the hell did Microsoft drop the Zune software for the horrid Xbox Music software? I just.. don't understand lol.

What do you guys use to manage your music, pictures, etc for your Windows Phone 8?

Windows Media player would work well? I assume WP8 supports MTP.

PG2G

I have found that the easiest way is to just drag and drop, unfortunately

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

We all feel your pain with the abandoning of the Zune software for WP8. It is really baffling.

So if Bluestack work on Surface and Win 8, it would be possible for them to port it to Windows Phone 8?

Blustack let you run Android apps on Windows.

PG2G

So if Bluestack work on Surface and Win 8, it would be possible for them to port it to Windows Phone 8?

Blustack let you run Android apps on Windows.

Bluestack works on the Surface Pro, as far as I know. It is desktop app, not a windows store all unless something changed.

So no, it won't run on wp8. Not to mention, wp8 doesn't allow for all of the freedoms that android does so it wouldn't even be possible to implement a lot of things.

The android fans complained they wouldn't switch without drag and drop so mommy Microsoft took Zune away.

hadareud

The Translator
ordered a 620 for £120... not for me though :(

My gf ordered one for her mother.

She'll pick it up on Friday and I'll make sure I'm the one to set it up, quite looking forward to playing around with it a bit.

The only problem is that I'll need to get it unlocked. There's a few sites with unlock codes for O2, they better work.

Bluestack works on the Surface Pro, as far as I know. It is desktop app, not a windows store all unless something changed.

So no, it won't run on wp8. Not to mention, wp8 doesn't allow for all of the freedoms that android does so it wouldn't even be possible to implement a lot of things.

Bah, I was excited that we could may be now compete with RIM I means Blackberry for 3rd place.

I use Windows Media Player, yes seriously.

hadareud

The Translator
I don't think the 620 on O2 is on those unlocking sites yet is it? That's what put me off buying it :(

I checked yesterday and I found it on 2 sites. One was about 50 USD, the other one was 30 EUR.

Obviously I don't know how reliable those sites are, so I don't really know if I should link to them.

edit: found a 3rd one for 45 USD

Raide

Just ordered my £120 620. Upgrading from my First Gen iPhone! At £120, I just cannot pass it up. Great bargain and I look forward to checking out the phone.

giga

Some of y'all have gotten so desperate that you want to run virtualized, slow Android apps on your WP devices? For shame.

Raide

huuuuge upgrade. iphone 1?

Yup. Main reason is that I dropped in a week or so back and some of the pixels are bleeding through. I am super careful with phones and tech, so it still looks pristine. I do like gadgets and try and keep up with the news but I am super fussy about burning money unless I really need it. :D Takes me ages and ages to finally pick a phone and go for it.

Sordid

I checked yesterday and I found it on 2 sites. One was about 50 USD, the other one was 30 EUR.

Obviously I don't know how reliable those sites are, so I don't really know if I should link to them.

edit: found a 3rd one for 45 USD

Fancy pm'ing the sites over? If I can get it unlocked I'll definitely order one today.

Some of y'all have gotten so desperate that you want to run virtualized, slow Android apps on your WP devices? For shame.

We just want to be able to compete with RIM on equal footing! Also slow Android app just help make the experience authentic just like running them on low end Android devices.

Has anyone in the USA on an American network gotten 7.8 legit-ly? Like, from Zune, without any tricks.

Both of my Lumia 900 updated to 7.8. One is At&t and the other is international version (unlock) that I got from my brother. They both updated without the trick as soon as I connected the phone to my laptop I got a prompt on Zune asking if I want to update. Both take two updates to get to 7.8. My son is using my old Cyan 900 and he hasn't complain about any issues. I really don't use the Dark Knight 900 except for playing Dodopachi.

frontieruk

£120 for the Lumia 620 is a really fantastic price.

It is, I almost bit, then I thought just over two weeks to WMC, may as well wait and see ;)

The one I purchased was for the fiancee as she's getting it for her mum for mothers day as it still wasn't listed when she went to work.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
No seriously guys, what am I doing wrong?

pic_A6jv_m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom