• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNino

Urghhhh, I always feel that I give my money to companies with such great ideas, but are ridiculously slow at implementing and pushing forward. Get your shit together Microsoft. Only two departments at MS seems to have their shit together. Xbox, and Office.

Reminds me of Subaru. Engineering is amazing, design department is full of turdburglary and will always hold back the company. (BRZ doesn't count, Toyota did most of the design work)
Maybe that's why I'm partial to MS then... I'm a (proud) Subaru owner. As much as I like the BRZ, the STi is still the much nicer car IMO (both in performance and design).

The G27 was 120 bucks cheaper, there's no was I could pass on that. That, and the shifter is miles better.
The G27 is nice, but the Fanatec pedals are much better which to me is way more important than the shifter (which I don't find too bad on the Fanatec anyays).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Urghhhh, I always feel that I give my money to companies with such great ideas, but are ridiculously slow at implementing and pushing forward. Get your shit together Microsoft. Only two departments at MS seems to have their shit together. Xbox, and Office.

Case in point: media sync.

How the fuck did they go from Zune to... that worthless, shitass Windows Phone app that does NOTHING as it should? Also, not being able to delete multiple songs from the phone is equally baffling.

That isn't progress. That's outright regression.

Ragus

Banned
I think the most amusing thing is the fact, that OSX got a really good synch program. I just connect my phone, launch Windows Phone app and I synch my music. No problems whatsoever.

Fucking Microsoft and it's magic.

I think the most amusing thing is the fact, that OSX got a really good synch program. I just connect my phone, launch Windows Phone app and I synch my music. No problems whatsoever.

Fucking Microsoft and it's magic.

Wouldn't it be funny if the desktop Windows app was some kind of port of the Mac app?

Xbox Video allows you to watch the movie while it is downloading just like Zune. If it's a big movie and your speed isn't great it might not happen right away but it definitely can happen.

I use Xbox Video quite a bit as they have actually have pretty good sales from time to time(got S1 and S2 of Community for like 30 cents an episode) and the only thing I hate is that it doesn't work on WP8 as I'm not getting a WP8 device until it does.

It did let me when I was downloading and I was baffle because I used to do it on Zune Video all the time. May be it was just that one show? I will try it again next time I got free points to rent/buy movies. Speaking of that, it's so annoying that my Xbox points doesn't work on my Xbox Windows Phone ...

Case in point: media sync.

How the fuck did they go from Zune to... that worthless, shitass Windows Phone app that does NOTHING as it should? Also, not being able to delete multiple songs from the phone is equally baffling.

That isn't progress. That's outright regression.

I think you can(?).
Go to Artist->Songs.
Checkbox.
Select songs you want deleted.
Press trashcan

Pics of Nokia 720 and 520.

Nokia%20Lumia%20720.jpg

The Nokia Lumia 720 (a.k.a. "Fame"), pictured above, is reported to have a 4.3" ClearBlack display, 1Ghz Dual-core processor, 512MB RAM, 8GB of storage, HSPA+, micro-SD card expansion, and 6MP/2MP rear/front camera combination.

Nokia%20Lumia%20520.jpg

The Lumia 502 (a.k.a. "Zeal) should sport a 4" super sensitive screen, 1Ghz dual-core processor, 512MB RAM, 8GB of storage, HSPA+, and a 5MP rear camera.

HERE Maps = Nokia Maps, right? They haven't been rebranded yet, correct?

PG2G

720 looks the same as the 820, except 1 GHz instead of 1.5 GHz? Does the CPU actually make that much of a price difference?

520 doesn't seem to differ from the 620 much in specs. Weird

Expectations decreasing :p Hopefully the high end has more than a 920 variant for Verizon.

kharma45

720 looks the same as the 820, except 1 GHz instead of 1.5 GHz? Does the CPU actually make that much of a price difference?

520 doesn't seem to differ from the 620 much in specs. Weird

Expectations decreasing :p Hopefully the high end has more than a 920 variant for Verizon.

Less RAM on the 720 too, 820 has 1GB.

I heard from my unnamed sources that this was due to the hire of a new VP that's replacing the void left by Sinofsky, Watson, and Lees. That person is, of course, Scott Forstall. The future looks bright, even though it may take us until 2014 to get there.

ate lunch with him yesterday, pretty sweet dude. Glad to have him on board.
lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Downloaded the game Nightmares from the Deep. Pretty decent puzzle adventure game kinda like Adera on Win8. The developer has lots of games on other platforms as well as Windows 8.

Troll

Banned
Reminds me of the time before the Apollo announcement.

"It's a month before launch and they haven't told us anything yet! There must be a super secret feature they wanna protect till the last minute!"

Good times.

So, you're saying the 720 might have kid's corner?

speaking of whats app: my wp7 whats app wont start. I see the splash screen for some seconds until it decides to go back to the home screen.

anyone have the same problem?

edit: ok right this second it started to work again, lol

bedlamite

my market tile just notified me of an update to it, try it and see if it helps.
The new update is kind of worse, Damon's issue with the screen blacking out in Whatsapp? It's pretty common

This fucking app. Trash before, still trash now. Does any other chat app even use the audio streaming API hack?

kharma45

The new update is kind of worse, Damon's issue with the screen blacking out in Whatsapp? It's pretty common

This fucking app. Trash before, still trash now. Does any other chat app even use the audio streaming API hack?

not that i know of, strange that theyre still doing it after Portico.

PG2G

not that i know of, strange that theyre still doing it after Portico.

I thought they did it so they could keep a socket connection open, not anything related to the WiFi update in Portico.

It is also worth nothing that chart applications are consistently unusable on WP for some reason, I'm guessing the notification system. It is hard to blame developers when all of the apps suck, lol.

MarkusRJR

What's different from the 720 and the 620 apart from screen size? I like smaller phones but if there are better specs at a similar cost (ala 710 vs 610) I might just wait.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Just got my Lumia 620 in. Slick little phone. Put my at&t sim in for now (contract ends on the 8th). I have a straight talk sim ready to go though.

What's different from the 720 and the 620 apart from screen size? I like smaller phones but if there are better specs at a similar cost (ala 710 vs 610) I might just wait.

I don't think there is much difference. I think Nokia is following Samsung's strategy of releasing new phones with not much hardware differences. There are a lot of Galaxy models which are essentially the same but have a different appearence. It's for the sake of releasing something new.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Yeah, I don't care that Nokia continues to release more phones, so long as they hit new markets and operators. I still remember when pundits and forum members complained about Samsung spamming the market, and now they are the mobile kings.

I don't think there is much difference. I think Nokia is following Samsung's strategy of releasing new phones with not much hardware differences. There are a lot of Galaxy models which are essentially the same but have a different appearence. It's for the sake of releasing something new.

You mean Nokia is following their usual strategy, which Samsung adapted.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
What is the best twitter and YouTube application on WP? I use Tweetro and YouTube RT on Windows 8, I don't see those in the WP store.

AnkitT

What is the best twitter and YouTube application on WP? I use Tweetro and YouTube RT on Windows 8, I don't see those in the WP store.

For twitter, the best ones are mehdoh and gleek. For youtube, you can use metrotube(paid) or tube pro(free).

venne

Just got my Lumia 620 in. Slick little phone. Put my at&t sim in for now (contract ends on the 8th). I have a straight talk sim ready to go though.

Does AT&T recognize it as a smartphone and automatically add smartphone data plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom