• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

catmincer

Stephen Elop ‏@selop

Proud to show #Nokia 105, Nokia 301, Lumia 510 & Lumia 710 as we deliver great innovation to more people #mwc #Nokiamwc

C'mon secret phone!

GCX

All Nokia HERE apps coming to all WP's.
Only in select countries though:

HERE works best with Nokia Lumia, but in a joint effort to further strengthen the Windows Phone ecosystem, Microsoft and Nokia are making HERE Maps, HERE Drive and HERE Transit available to people with any Windows Phone 8 smartphone. This exclusive offer is available in US, Canada, Mexico, UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

LOL, press asks Elop about Google Glass. Also, I'm opening bets; how many times will Elop have to say the equivalent of "We're not ready to comment on this"
I say 2 or 3

NeOak

So, no QWERTY Nokia WP8 yet.... sigh.

Also, funny how i posted the stream and you guys started commenting about it. <3 GAF.

f0lken

Elop is such a smooth talker, shame that we didn't see a high end Lumia, overall adecuate conference but without a noteworthy moment

Damn, I was hoping for some kind of new phone coming relatively soon. My upgrade date has already arrived, and I'm desperate for a new phone. No iPhone, and I already have an Android tablet, so I want to keep with the WP OS that I'm already used to and invested in (HTC Trophy on Verizon). I really can't wait months and months for a new phone to become available. How is the HTC 8X? I really wanted a Nokia, as they seem to really put their clout behind their products on the software side, but with no 920 or other high-end phone on Verizon I'm not gonna budge.

maeh2k

Elop is such a smooth talker, shame that we didn't see a high end Lumia, overall adecuate conference but without a noteworthy moment

I didn't expect a new high-end model at all. At best I was hoping to see the rumored Verizon version of the 920.

The 920 is just to new to follow it up with another high-end model. In some markets it's only just being released.

It's still very much possible they'll release the EOS in the summer (as rumored) but they shouldn't announce that yet. It's too far off. They were criticized quite a bit when they announced the 920 but you couldn't immediately buy it.

I think the new products are pretty great. At 140 Euros the 520 is a steal. Outstanding price. If you can get by without a front-facing-camera (which I suspect most people easily could) and don't care about the compass, why buy a much more expensive phone?
The 720 seems great, too. Curiously priced shockingly close to the 620.

maeh2k

Damn, I was hoping for some kind of new phone coming relatively soon. My upgrade date has already arrived, and I'm desperate for a new phone. No iPhone, and I already have an Android tablet, so I want to keep with the WP OS that I'm already used to and invested in (HTC Trophy on Verizon). I really can't wait months and months for a new phone to become available. How is the HTC 8X? I really wanted a Nokia, as they seem to really put their clout behind their products on the software side, but with no 920 or other high-end phone on Verizon I'm not gonna budge.

There are rumors of a Verizon variant of the 920, but no one knows whether or when that's going to happen.

I don't think you can really go wrong with the 8X. Especially now that Nokia's HERE apps are announced for other Windows Phones. It's pretty high-end as well and some prefer it over the 920 because of its smaller size and weight.

toff74

Does anyone here use ESPN Goals?

I'm looking for the goals from the weekend, only none the the videos work. 'Sorry unable to play the video'.

Hope this is a temporary thing.. looks a good app.

maeh2k

Looks like the 520 and 720 will be sold in Germany for 199 and 379 Euros, respectively. That's more than I expected from just adding VAT.

Still okay prices but the 620 (at 270 Euros) might remain the better deal.

I'm very, very tempted to get a WP8 Lumia after I take out all the deposit (~$600) this June. I think I might save the cash and get a 720. It looks like it'd fit my bill perfectly. I have a better camera, anyway.

Or whatever Lumia that is out by then.

hadareud

The Translator
Best news out of the conference is the Wireless Qi car charger. Can't wait!!

Yeah, that's pretty cool.

It would be nice if it had an aux port, so you can then also connect the sound via bluetooth (if your car doesn't have bluetooth, like mine). But I guess that's one wish too far.

Looks like the 520 and 720 will be sold in Germany for 199 and 379 Euros, respectively. That's more than I expected from just adding VAT.

Still okay prices but the 620 (at 270 Euros) might remain the better deal.

Egh, the auggested price for 520 is 169 euro and 720 is 299 euro. Don't know where you got the 379 euro figure from, thats rediculous.

Zeknurn

Having just recently picked up a red Lumia 920 I was mostly looking for Nokia to announce new accessories at MWC. I was looking for a car mounting solution and the wireless car charger seems like a sure buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom