• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Too bad I can't stream it, but at least by the time I get to work every announcement will have a nice, biased news story on the Verge, lol.

MCD

I am pretty content with WP8 from a hardware perspective.

Software is where it is lacking and people being "OK" with huge one time annual update pisses me off to no end. This isn't a PC or a game console, mobile phones should and must be updated regularly.

Oh right, we got Portico but it was what? 2 months late for everyone who aren't in America and it was mostly bug fixes introduced with WP8.

What's even worse is the "silence" surrounding anything WP. I see tweets and leaks from the Xbox team, Windows 8 (Blue) team but nothing at all with the dead WP team. It's like they are only active one time a year.

PG2G

Software is where it is lacking and people being "OK" with huge one time annual update pisses me off to no end. This isn't a PC or a game console, mobile phones should and must be updated regularly.

Mary Jo and Paul Thurrott said to expect updates before Blue comes out towards the end of the year.

zedge

http://crackberry.com/gameloft-releases-nova-3-blackberry-10

How long ago was this announced for wp8? Yea... its on bb10 already. Smh

N.O.V.A. 3 is the latest game released for the BlackBerry 10 OS by Gameloft. Back in May at BlackBerry World they announced there would be a total of eleven games available for BlackBerry 10 either at launch or shortly thereafter, and N.O.V.A. 3 is the 6th of those. Available so far are: Shark Dash, Ice Age Village, Oregon Trail, UNO, and Asphalt 7.

Like I said few months ago, this is Nokia's very own Windows Phone 8X

0mE9bDg.jpg

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I am pretty content with WP8 from a hardware perspective.

Yep, nothing announced so far has given me phone envy. I have an upgrade for this year, so I'll get a new phone, but really don't foresee anything that will blow me away until the fall.

I know.

Just funny how they are more interested than MS hahaha.

Oh, believe me, the WP team is very interested in a notification center. It's not like Joe is the only one who wants to get it done properly. Seeing some of the people from the other teams using iPhones is pretty annoying. When you ask them, the lack of Instagram and a notification center is a huge reason.

Troll

Banned
Not that excited about MWC, but still it's going to be cool to chat with you guys about what's going on over there.

f0lken

Predictions......

I predict complete disappointment on the WP side

There will be dissapointment even on the Android side, the big guns aren't announced in the WMC anymore, everyone prefers to host their own events, the only innovation will be the Firefox OS

GWX

Guys, is the Nokia Lumia 800 a good buy? I found one for a great price where I live (Brazil), and the reviews I have seen are solid. Windows Phone 7 still is a good platform, even being obsolete? How are the apps?

f0lken

Guys, is the Nokia Lumia 800 a good buy? I found one for a great price where I live (Brazil), and the reviews I have seen are solid. Windows Phone 7 still is a good platform, even being obsolete? How are the apps?

Can't you get a 620 or 820? I wouldn't get a 800 unless you only want to use whatsapp, facebook and the browser

TTOOLL

As guy who lives in Brazil and owns a Lumia 710 I advise you not to buy a Windows Phone here. The Brazilian marketplace is just terrible, we can't find even the apps that are available for WP in the USA, for example. Play Store and Apple app store are much better here.
I hope it improves with Windows Phone 8, but I really doubt it.

GWX

Can't you get a 620 or 820? I wouldn't get a 800 unless you only want to use whatsapp, facebook and the browser

Nokia's Windows Phone 8-powered phones haven't been released here yet. And when they do release, they will probably cost R$1400 or more (nearly $700; pre-paid). The Lumia 800 is costing nearly $300 to me right now...

GWX

As guy who lives in Brazil and owns a Lumia 710 I advise you not to buy a Windows Phone here. The Brazilian marketplace is just terrible, we can't find even the apps that are available for WP in the USA, for example. Play Store and Apple app store are much better here.
I hope it improves with Windows Phone 8, but I really doubt it.

That's what I feared! I'll probably not get it then... :(

Sorry about the double post, quoting while editing is pretty hard to do in mobile NeoGAF!

I remember watching it last year but I can't remember what actually happened. Did anything noteworthy get announced at the Nokia MWC last year?

Jadedx

Banned
I have not been in this thread in a while. Has there been any news on rooting/jail-breaking any of the phones? any homebrew wp8 sites? News about future updates?

Music playback quality has been disappointing. Just suddenly, anytime I want to listen to music, it sounds like its at 2 volume. This doesn't happen with Youtube videos or the radio app.

that's enough negativity Unknown Sol....I mean Brot.

There have been other companies in the States and UK. Better than nothing.
I'm not negative, just realistic.

I might not be the guy you want, but the one this platform deserves. Watch out, Thurrot!

Or maybe I'm just sick of my Nexus and jelly of your Windows Phones.

that's enough negativity Unknown Sol....I mean Brot.

There have been other companies in the States and UK. Better than nothing.

A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist.

Reality: Windows Phone 8 is as stillborn as WP7 was. Many important features for customers have regressed, not progressed. There is no strategy, no marketing, and no consumer interest. The attempt at forceful integration with Windows 8 and Xbox has been a dismal failure. There is very little positive to say about how Windows Phone 8 has been received, because it has been largely ignored.

frontieruk

A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist.

Reality: Windows Phone 8 is as stillborn as WP7 was. Many important features for customers have regressed, not progressed. There is no strategy, no marketing, and no consumer interest. The attempt at forceful integration with Windows 8 and Xbox has been a dismal failure. There is very little positive to say about how Windows Phone 8 has been received, because it has been largely ignored.

Lol you could of said that about android until froyo, but let's not let facts get in the way, and as to marketing is there honestly none state side? I'm fed up of the holly and James ads, the centred around you adverts and surface adverts are always on so I find it hard to believe that there isn't blanket marketing there.

Btw welcome back to the thread Unknown ��

Gah, what have I done. Can we talk about RAM or something.

why?? so unknown can tell us the latest android has blown the scanner as its over 9000?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I saw the Gwen Stefani ad a lot, plus Rogers mentioning it on the radio. Not huge push. Wish there was specific ads on TV for the 920 touting it's features.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I like Elop as a presenter. He doesn't dress that great, but I think he is a good speaker and does good interviews (also a fellow Canadian :) ). Hopefully there is something interesting soon. Going by the leaks though just the 520 and 720 (which look nice for low end handsets).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom